Strategy 2024: Round 18 Trades

How many trades will you have left after planned trades?

• 9 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.
AFL Club
West Coast
1720403351105.png

Nothing aside from personal pride to play for. Thinking of opening up a D/M bench link with Davies to Humphries. Miller most likely has to go which gives me around $630k. Unsure if I should spend up on an LDU/Dunkley type or search for value. Also considering a triple trade involving acquiring Philipou and SDK; perhaps trading Livingstone out as I'll probably end up with enough doughnuts soon.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Touk, Rankine, Heeney, Fisher and Gawn all possibly missing this week.

How’s everybody’s coverage and trade situation looking? 😳
I've only got Heeney and Gawn of that lot so think I'm covered, may have to field one rookie.
P.S, 4 trades after this week if I go Clohesy and Freijah to Mannagh and Moore.

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
View attachment 75401

Nothing aside from personal pride to play for. Thinking of opening up a D/M bench link with Davies to Humphries. Miller most likely has to go which gives me around $630k. Unsure if I should spend up on an LDU/Dunkley type or search for value. Also considering a triple trade involving acquiring Philipou and SDK; perhaps trading Livingstone out as I'll probably end up with enough doughnuts soon.
11 trades left! Think you're gonna have to use some this week other than that move.

AFL Club
Richmond

Presuming Rankine is getting 3+ like the media are suggesting will trade him to Zorko leaving me with 2 trades
Also have Gawn, Fisher and Heeney. Hopefully Fisher is back and then can cover Gawn and Heeney if they miss with Fisher and a loop of Dowling and Mannagh via DPPs

AFL Club
Richmond

Add Sicily and McGovern to that list.

Out of those I have Gawn, Fisher, Heeney and Sicily

Jackson to cover Gawn via Richards F7
Dowling to cover Heeney
Schoenmaker to cover Sicily
Fisher = donut

AFL Club
North Melb.
Appreciate some help...

I can trade Will Graham and Clark to Humpries and Caldwell :love:

But it leaves Caldwell on my mid bench with no M/F on the forward bench (I have Kreuger and Hutchinson there).

Means Caldwell can bench Heeney/Flanders/Zorko via DPP swap or Daicos/Sinclair/N Martin by putting Fisher in the backline.

But won't give me the ability to loop my 7 forward premiums until I trade out F7 or F8 :unsure:

Worth doing? Or just hold fire? (I probably trade out Jhye Clark anyway for Humphries)

AFL Club
Essendon
Appreciate some help...

I can trade Will Graham and Clark to Humpries and Caldwell :love:

But it leaves Caldwell on my mid bench with no M/F on the forward bench (I have Kreuger and Hutchinson there).

Means Caldwell can bench Heeney/Flanders/Zorko via DPP swap or Daicos/Sinclair/N Martin by putting Fisher in the backline.

But won't give me the ability to loop my 7 forward premiums until I trade out F7 or F8 :unsure:

Worth doing? Or just hold fire? (I probably trade out Jhye Clark anyway for Humphries)
Can we see a screenshot of your team?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully Fisher returns & D Cameron is right to go.

5 left so might go Clark - > Humphries to open up the D/M link with Crisp & Daicos.

Sit for awhile and see how much Dowling & Kreuger can fatten up.
Oliver - > McKercher seems a no brainer

Leaves me with 3

AFL Club
Carlton

Got all those players, probably trade Touk but trouble coming for my team and will be surprised if I don’t fall out of the top 100.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
If opting to trade Gawn, could do worse than Briggs. Priced at just 486k, he’s coming off a very solid 148 and has Rich this week, then GC with no Witts the following week and then Melb with quite possibly no Gawn the week after.

AFL Club
Essendon
Really hope a 123k or less (playing for 1 or 2 rounds) M/F rookie pops up.

AFL Club
Essendon
I feel like this round is going to be huge for movement across ranks. A lot of teams will be missing potentially 3+ premiums and cover is likely questionable. Teams that burn max trades trading around injuries could be super exposed in the run home, but the risk of not making trades and relying on Dowling/ Freijah types could also be high.
Won't know the best way without hindsight, but just a word to everyone getting a bit freaked as the premium numbers stack up... you won't be alone in missing players so the damage isn't as higher as you'd normally see if it was earlier in the year or to mod PODish players. Don't feel you need to make a move because of the total numbers as you might only drop a handful of points to those with cover and could well make the points back up on those that trade if we get another carnage round soon!

AFL Club
West Coast
Ah mannn what a carnage round. 4 trades and 226k cash left. Was supposed to be doing Richards & Kreuger to Caldwell/Moore/Zorko + 102k rookie but all of that is up in the air now.

Have already moved Jackson to the rucks with Gawn injured. Kreuger and Dowling could cover for Fisher and Heeney but I've got concerns if they'll even be picked this week. Forward line is an absolute disaster and I could potentially need to field 3 or 4 rookies at this stage of the season :cry::cry: May need to risk some sideways trades but long term that would be a massive problem. Got some thinking to do.

1720434975109.png

AFL Club
Essendon
I feel like this round is going to be huge for movement across ranks. A lot of teams will be missing potentially 3+ premiums and cover is likely questionable. Teams that burn max trades trading around injuries could be super exposed in the run home, but the risk of not making trades and relying on Dowling/ Freijah types could also be high.
Won't know the best way without hindsight, but just a word to everyone getting a bit freaked as the premium numbers stack up... you won't be alone in missing players so the damage isn't as higher as you'd normally see if it was earlier in the year or to mod PODish players. Don't feel you need to make a move because of the total numbers as you might only drop a handful of points to those with cover and could well make the points back up on those that trade if we get another carnage round soon!
im glad this chaos happened. rewarding those that have valued depth as well as those who have saved trades. those that have gone all in with their trades banking on no chaos will struggle