Strategy 2024: Round 18 Trades

How many trades will you have left after planned trades?

• 9 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.
AFL Club
West Coast
Ideally hold with 2 trades left.

Gawn should be right. Rankine, Fisher, and Heeney all in doubt. Can cover 2 of them (Curnow and Dowling on the bench) but not all 3. If I have to trade one then Caldwell is the obvious trade in.
Well, lots of news today.

Rankine 4 weeks (don’t get me started on how he managed to cop that long of a ban, what a joke)
Gawn 2-3 weeks
Heeney 1 week
Fisher should be ok but TBC

Sounds like Rankine is a chance to go down to 3 but no less. Gawn listed as 2-3 but obviously being an injury that number could end up being more or less. Heeney sounds a decent chance at getting off. Fisher sounded pretty good last week so I’m expecting him to be ok.

Can only cover 2 using Curnow and Dowling. Sucks because they are all in the RUCK and FWD lines. Have a spare premo in McKercher that can’t be utilised because all 4 are in the same line (RUCK line is effectively the same as the forward line given a forward is pushed to cover).

2 trades. If only Rankine and Gawn are out, I’ll hold. If 3 miss I’ll likely trade either Rankine (to Caldwell) or Gawn (to TDK) but will consider a donut. If all 4 miss I’ll definitely trade 1 of Rankine/Gawn and will consider trading both.

AFL Club
Carlton
See a few looking at TDK, risky as Carlton had the most score against from stoppages this year on the weekend loss. That doesn’t happen with Pittonet playing. 50/50 chance Pittonet will play multiple games again this year and could be as soon as this week.

No one really knows what Voss is planning with the rucks but after TDK got pushed around a bit by Briggs can see Pittonet coming in for the big body ruckman. TDK vs English not a bad match up this week.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
See a few looking at TDK, risky as Carlton had the most score against from stoppages this year on the weekend loss. That doesn’t happen with Pittonet playing. 50/50 chance Pittonet will play multiple games again this year and could be as soon as this week.

No one really knows what Voss is planning with the rucks but after TDK got pushed around a bit by Briggs can see Pittonet coming in for the big body ruckman. TDK vs English not a bad match up this week.
That’s helpful insight, TDK is the most tempting option but it does feel risky.

I’m looking at Nank for Gawn actually, massive last 6-7 weeks.

Options are:
- Nank
- TDK
- Xerri
- Grundy
- Marshall
- Briggs

That’s helpful insight, TDK is the most tempting option but it does feel risky.

I’m looking at Nank for Gawn actually, massive last 6-7 weeks.

Options are:
- Nank
- TDK
- Xerri
- Grundy
- Marshall
- Briggs
Nank has the fixture if you can afford.
Briggs
Sweet
Cameron
Xerri
Marshall
Meek
Witts/Moyle

TDK is nice also
English
Xerri
Sweet/Soldo
Cameron/Cox
Meek
Flynn/Williams
Marshall

AFL Club
St Kilda
Not sure what to do this week. One thing I do know is since I have got to semi premo I am doing worse than when I had a team of rookies.
Will wait until teams drop. But any ideas?

View attachment 75423
Maybe Freijah to Mannagh to cover Heeney if he's missing?
Fisher to Caldwell if not playing.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Geelong
Ill need to look deeper into it but on face value I find it very hard to believe Gawn is only missing two weeks, think it's probably a trade.

Touk is out too long to field poor cover aswell.

Have to decide whether I go Rozee and Xerri/English or McKercher and TDK.

Will leave me with 2 trades which ain't ideal but it's a better situation than most people.

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure what to do this week. One thing I do know is since I have got to semi premo I am doing worse than when I had a team of rookies.
Will wait until teams drop. But any ideas?

View attachment 75423
You have a boost left :eek:

This is a great chance for you to jump up the rankings with the injury carnage.

Think you have just enough to cash to go :-

Fisher (not sure if he is back this week but McKercher now fit hurts his scoring big time) /Sexton/ Gawn > Caldwell,Moore & Xerri

Very aggressive play but keeps Jackson in the fwd line with no Darcy so will score well, can use Dowling to cover Heeney if out this week.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

Shame Sam De Koning is only named a defender and doesn’t have ruck status…for $350k he would be a great replacement

AFL Club
Essendon
You have a boost left :eek:

This is a great chance for you to jump up the rankings with the injury carnage.

Think you have just enough to cash to go :-

Fisher (not sure if he is back this week but McKercher now fit hurts his scoring big time) /Sexton/ Gawn > Caldwell,Moore & Xerri

Very aggressive play but keeps Jackson in the fwd line with no Darcy so will score well, can use Dowling to cover Heeney if out this week.
Nice idea 🙂

1720515345918.png

AFL Club
Carlton
Just through…Heeney tribunal case upheld…he will remain ineligible and miss this week
I guess we all have an opinion, but I’m shocked at this decision. Heeney, such a dirty, brutish player, certainly undeserving of being eligible for a best and fairest count (to be read in a sarcastic tone)….really!! Not naming other players, but seems some can punch with intent and still be eligible…..

AFL Club
Essendon
would it be a good idea to move jackson to ruck and get caldwell in for gawn and next week go tholstrup and dowling into xerri the week after? not sure he scores well against grundy and caldwell has melbourne

would leave me with 2 trades and a weak m8(mckercher) and 2 trades left with not much cash left

1720525382862.png