Leagues 2024 SCS Premier League

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don't worry Jack, the crash will come, usually around the time I run out of trades, it's bound to happen, looks like it's just a bit later in the season this year than normal 😮🤔🤣
Nah, think you will do alright this year Ash!

Old Rusty is still up for grabs for those willing to ride the bump with a grin 😉
Runner up to Ol' Rusty last year, bit sad my eyes need to be on that prize already!

AFL Club
West Coast
SCS Premier League Remaining Fixture Analysis

As we close in on the finals... I thought I'd take a look at the remaining Head-2-Head fixtures, and try and work out who appears to have the easiest and who appears to have the hardest draws for the rest of the season. Hope it's not too hard to understand.

I used the current Total Points ladder to rank each teams opponents as that is a better indicator than the Head-2-Head ladder of how strong everyone's teams actually are at the moment... Some teams have had strong seasons in the overall rankings, but copped some horrible match-up's so far... So the Head-2-Head ladder doesn't accurately reflect the true strength of their teams.

Basically the higher your score, The easier your remaining draw appears... and the lower your score is, The harder your remaining draw appears.

SCS PL Reamining Fixture Analysis R16 2024.jpg

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
So if we look at the remaining 5 rounds… We can see that @Ben’s Beasts appears to have the best draw for the remainder of the season… playing 4 of the bottom 5 teams. So he is definitely one to watch and should come storming home!!

On the flip side… @Peter56 appears to have the hardest remaining draw… with 4 of his 5 games against top 9 teams, and none against bottom 8 teams. It’s a tough draw but he does have momentum coming into this batch of games.​

SCS PL Ease Of Draw R16 2024.jpg

The race to the finals will be certainly be exciting… Good luck to everyone!!

Apologies if this analysis has offended anyone

AFL Club
Essendon
So if we look at the remaining 5 rounds… We can see that @Ben’s Beasts appears to have the best draw for the remainder of the season… playing 4 of the bottom 5 teams. So he is definitely one to watch and should come storming home!!

On the flip side… @Peter56 appears to have the hardest remaining draw… with 4 of his 5 games against top 9 teams, and none against bottom 8 teams. It’s a tough draw but he does have momentum coming into this batch of games.​

View attachment 74870

Thanks for the bad news 🙄 makes up for the easier bye draw. So basically I think if I win them I will make the finals but also shape the makeup of them, easier said than done.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn

View attachment 74870

I like seeing my name 3rd for once in this thread lol. You've given me some hope and motivation now. Thanks LITS!

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
You guys are certainly giving PL2 (195th) a belting ranking wise so well done to all PL coaches!

Personally, I've found H2H matches over the MBRs to be a bit of a lottery as the starting base for each of these rounds between you and your opponents are not the same. There are so many factors which contribute to the overall success or otherwise of your team's performance over these MBRs as some coaches do put some time into planning whilst others may just wing it, some decides that it's easier to just 'tank' a bye round, then add in injuries/concussions, suspensions, etc. and you get my drift.

I've always put a lot of effort towards planning for these MBRs with varying degree of success. This year, I planned on having at least 21 players for each of the MBRs, however, factors such as injuries/suspensions/non-selection meant that I could only field 20/18/18/19 respectively. My overall league results were also mixed, from winning all 4 matches in my toughest cash league to losing all 4 in another SCS league. Sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad and hope that your 'good' mostly occurs in your more important league.

Since our PL is one of those 'important' league, coaches do want to perform and do well in them. There's always bound to be some 'hard luck' story which will surface after the MBRs and I can speak from past experience that it does impact some more than others. I recall seeing a 'luck' ladder (not sure whether it was PL or another league) where these type of H2H result discrepancies, particularly through the MBRs, can be view with a better perspective.

On a final note, I would like to quote the opening of PL 2024 thread to rekindle that spirit.

A BIG WARM WELCOME to all coaches, old and new, to what should be another engrossing instalment of SCS Premier League for season 2024. Our league is not only 'Premier' by name, but also by reputation. The pillar and strength of our league is not merely reliant on the overall achievement of our high ranking coaches, rather it's the camaraderie which one experience which differentiate our league from the rest.
All the very best to all our coaches for the remainder of the season.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Good luck @Bermi, I have my work cut out for me!

I wonder if Shai turns it on after being benched for Comben.
Thanks @Darkie, good luck to you too, as we basically have no more control on this game now.
It is still anyone's game.

Shai is unpredictable, but you taking Comben's 117 looks the right move. Bolton's last score over 97 was in Rd5.

I did get lucky with Xerri's 141, as he was always going to be traded to Gawn (79), until a couple of injuries forced me to now save my last trades.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looking like I'll have back to back L's for the first time this season barring a massive last half from my 4 remaining players. Too good @Ricky Bobby. Reasonable chance I get beaten by the top scoring team in the league for the third time in 4 rounds. Must be a Hawks supporter thing for that to happen to.

Edit: Beaten by 2nd top score. Still too good, happy to keep it within 80 odd.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Melbourne
Looking like I'll have back to back L's for the first time this season barring a massive last half from my 4 remaining players. Too good @Ricky Bobby. Reasonable chance I get beaten by the top scoring team in the league for the third time in 4 rounds. Must be a Hawks supporter thing for that to happen to.

Edit: Beaten by 2nd top score. Still too good, happy to keep it within 80 odd.
Cheers mate. Sic Dawg could have made things interesting if he hadn’t got injured so I was happy to see him on the bench for the last qtr.

I was very surprised to see my score stack up so well this week, but it was one of those strange rounds where many players underperformed and a few of the less likely guys had their chance to shine.

Good luck for the rest of the season 👍