Discussion AFL Fantasy Discussion

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
I’ll give it a crack but won’t spend as much time on it compared to SC.

That link isn’t working for me though. I might need to join first I think?

Tex

Draftee
I’ll give it a crack but won’t spend as much time on it compared to SC.

That link isn’t working for me though. I might need to join first I think?
Probably mate.
Using the App on Android is real easy to navigate.

Tex

Draftee
If still having trouble, just manually put the League code in.

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
If still having trouble, just manually put the League code in.
Yeah had to put the code in which ended up working for me. I’ve updated your opening post to include the code as well (y)

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
There was some talk in another thread last week about interest in a trading competition where everyone starts with the same team.

The suggestion was that our teams in this format could be used for that sort of comp.

If there are enough interested in giving it a go I am happy to set up a league once we have an idea of numbers.

We can thrash it out amongst us how the starting team should be derived / agreed to. There would need to be a commitment by all to stick to the agreement for setting our starting teams.

Let me know if you are keen to give it a go along with any suggestions as to how we should come to agreement on the starting team - if we do that part right, we could be the no1 ranked league after one week!!

Pearcey47

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Collingwood
The current back to back winner of AFL Fantasy, Selby Lee-Steere, has put together an 'AFL Fantasy Guide'. a circa 200 page document with information about every AFL player and his thoughts on their fantasy outlook for 2019.

Here is the link to his website - https://moreirasmagic.com/

The guide is $30.00 to purchase with 100% of the proceeds going to the Starlight Foundation (Make a Wish).

He did a similar thing last pre-season and raised about $6,000. This year he is just about to the $20,000 mark.

He has asked if I could share the word to promote this great cause. Well worth the purchase for anyone that wants to make a serious run in this (or any) format for 2019, or just wants some insight in to how a previous winner thinks!

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
There was some talk in another thread last week about interest in a trading competition where everyone starts with the same team.

The suggestion was that our teams in this format could be used for that sort of comp.

If there are enough interested in giving it a go I am happy to set up a league once we have an idea of numbers.

We can thrash it out amongst us how the starting team should be derived / agreed to. There would need to be a commitment by all to stick to the agreement for setting our starting teams.

Let me know if you are keen to give it a go along with any suggestions as to how we should come to agreement on the starting team - if we do that part right, we could be the no1 ranked league after one week!!
I think this is a great idea. Solves the problem of someone on this site potentially winning SC, yet not receiving the prize because they're running two SC sides.

My suggestion would be that everyone starts a literally identical 22 (same bench and captains) in round one, so the league's scores would all be identical, and it would then be easy to see that everyone complied. Also solves the issue of starting a second competition requiring thought the week that everyone is trying to lock down their SC side.

I'd suggest getting whoever is most skilled at this comp historically ... not me ... to perhaps suggest a starting squad, and then those participating can suggest tweaks that get voted on by those who care, with changes made based on a majority of the responses received.

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
The current back to back winner of AFL Fantasy, Selby Lee-Steere, has put together an 'AFL Fantasy Guide'. a circa 200 page document with information about every AFL player and his thoughts on their fantasy outlook for 2019.

Here is the link to his website - https://moreirasmagic.com/

The guide is $30.00 to purchase with 100% of the proceeds going to the Starlight Foundation (Make a Wish).

He did a similar thing last pre-season and raised about $6,000. This year he is just about to the $20,000 mark.

He has asked if I could share the word to promote this great cause. Well worth the purchase for anyone that wants to make a serious run in this (or any) format for 2019, or just wants some insight in to how a previous winner thinks!
This is outstanding. I'll happily order a copy.

stephen

400 Games Club
AFL Club
St Kilda

I'm in too, if enough are keen

AFL Club
Collingwood
good grief the layout looks so "amateurish"

is there a way to change it so it looks like SC or RDT ?

hard to see who your C , VC and E's are

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
they are succeeding , trying to swap players , find players
I was having trouble selecting DPPs. I’d choose the position then select the player then it would tell me I needed to select the position for that player. It was doing my head in. I ended up filling my team with single position players then subbed them out one by one. No idea what I was doing wrong?

AFL Club
Collingwood
I was having trouble selecting DPPs. I’d choose the position then select the player then it would tell me I needed to select the position for that player. It was doing my head in. I ended up filling my team with single position players then subbed them out one by one. No idea what I was doing wrong?
lol

I just picked a team , still have no idea if I have a C , VC and 4 Emergencies.

don't pay much attention to this format usually , can see I will be paying even less this season.

that is shocking