Discussion AFL Fantasy Discussion

Pearcey47

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought I would give this a bump as V2.0 has just been released. Includes the 3 new players (Gibbons, Cottrell & Stack) and some opinions from Selby on the R2 position.

As mentioned a great resource for AFL Fantasy and some good strategy pieces that can be applied across all formats. And all proceeds go to a great cause.

The current back to back winner of AFL Fantasy, Selby Lee-Steere, has put together an 'AFL Fantasy Guide'. a circa 200 page document with information about every AFL player and his thoughts on their fantasy outlook for 2019.

Here is the link to his website - https://moreirasmagic.com/

The guide is $30.00 to purchase with 100% of the proceeds going to the Starlight Foundation (Make a Wish).

He did a similar thing last pre-season and raised about $6,000. This year he is just about to the $20,000 mark.

He has asked if I could share the word to promote this great cause. Well worth the purchase for anyone that wants to make a serious run in this (or any) format for 2019, or just wants some insight in to how a previous winner thinks!

Juzzo

400 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
My nephews have talked me into doing AFL Fantasy and I have only ever done supercoach. Is there any basic info I need to know or what resources are there?

Tex

Draftee
My nephews have talked me into doing AFL Fantasy and I have only ever done supercoach. Is there any basic info I need to know or what resources are there?
Treat it as a stock market mate.
Get your top guns in each line to give you top points and then underpriced players and cheap rooks

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
How does it work mate. Do you need another account?
We are playing it on the AFL Fantasy platform. So it you already play that it would mean setting your starting team on that platform to the agreed team. Most of us in it already play SC and RDT and we decided that AFL Fantasy was the best platform to try this comp on - who knows, well may well collectively come up with a better starting team in this than our individual teams in SC & RDT!!

Tex

Draftee
We are playing it on the AFL Fantasy platform. So it you already play that it would mean setting your starting team on that platform to the agreed team. Most of us in it already play SC and RDT and we decided that AFL Fantasy was the best platform to try this comp on - who knows, well may well collectively come up with a better starting team in this than our individual teams in SC & RDT!!
No problems mate.
I play all 3 formats equally as hard so unfortunately I'll have to give it a miss.

Juzzo

400 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide

Pearcey47

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Collingwood
V3.0 about to be released. Only 9 days until the season starts so if you want to get some great knowledge from the only back-to-back winner in AFL fantasy sports history (and help out a great charity in the process) then jump on the website and make the purchase!

The current back to back winner of AFL Fantasy, Selby Lee-Steere, has put together an 'AFL Fantasy Guide'. a circa 200 page document with information about every AFL player and his thoughts on their fantasy outlook for 2019.

Here is the link to his website - https://moreirasmagic.com/

The guide is $30.00 to purchase with 100% of the proceeds going to the Starlight Foundation (Make a Wish).

He did a similar thing last pre-season and raised about $6,000. This year he is just about to the $20,000 mark.

He has asked if I could share the word to promote this great cause. Well worth the purchase for anyone that wants to make a serious run in this (or any) format for 2019, or just wants some insight in to how a previous winner thinks!

Lenny5

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Many here playing this format and checking team every week?

I hadn't played this format for a few years but though why not, I'll give it a crack this year. I don't think the website could be any more user unfriendly if they tried. The whole layout is very poor. Thoughts?

Tex

Draftee

I hadn't played this format for a few years but though why not, I'll give it a crack this year. I don't think the website could be any more user unfriendly if they tried. The whole layout is very poor. Thoughts?
yep very average this year.

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast

FanHub have always been very poor. This year's layout is somehow even worse than last year.

Nowhere near as good as Virtual Sports.

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
Many SCS members playing Fantasy this year? How's everyone going?

Doesn't seem to be much talk this year for an AFL Fantasy game with 141,000 entries.