Competitions AFL Fantasy Trading Comp

AFL Club
St Kilda
Don't mind the ins as it could set the first 6 round VC options up quite well but also think Rocky is the one I have ?? over (massive ceiling but not overly cheap though) ...could say keeping Sheed instead strengthen other lines ... interested in others thoughts.

Dusty is a bit of an enigma ... started good last year for a couple of rounds before getting injured ??

View attachment 7248
Those first 4 games were against CAR, ADE, HAW, BRI ...

Don't have him in any teams though at the moment ... but also can't find another RIC option that I'd be tempted to put the VC on in this format ... but in the back of my mind this is a trading game so he might not necessarily need to be a season long keeper (but would come at the cost of a trade)
Yes I'm surprised Rocky hasn't got more pushback (yet). If it was my own team he would be first picked but I know he is not everyone's flavour.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Two years running as a top 10 mid in this format (2016/17), and three years running (2015-2017) averaging 100+, missing no games in the process, and is priced at 93.

Think I probably have 10 ahead of him this year in this format, but very few who aren't fully priced, which seems a much more important factor in this game, given the trades, than having the very top players to start.

I'm certainly not wedded to him (given I left him out originally) but I think his hat belongs in the ring.
How about Z Merrett as an alternative if funds permit. Had a poor 2018 season but had 2 consecutive years of 117+ in DT from 2016-2017.

AFL Club
Collingwood
@stephen

is the aim of the starting team just a "bit of fun" or is still going to be set up initially to give people a chance at overall/weekly prizes if they are good enough ?

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Two years running as a top 10 mid in this format (2016/17), and three years running (2015-2017) averaging 100+, missing no games in the process, and is priced at 93.

Think I probably have 10 ahead of him this year in this format, but very few who aren't fully priced, which seems a much more important factor in this game, given the trades, than having the very top players to start.

I'm certainly not wedded to him (given I left him out originally) but I think his hat belongs in the ring.
Tell me if I'm wrong, but weren't those years all when he was MID/FWD? So, therefore he was a lock. To me he is not a lock this year.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Tell me if I'm wrong, but weren't those years all when he was MID/FWD? So, therefore he was a lock. To me he is not a lock this year.
Definitely not a lock. I was referring to the fact his scoring placed him inside the top 10 mids in 2016 (when he was MID/FWD) as well as 2017 (when he wasn't).

AFL Club
Collingwood
For the purposes of the trading comp, it doesn't matter. But since we're doing it, I reckon we might as well try to win.
That's the answer I was hoping to hear.

I thought we had a side settled , obviously not given all the recent activity.

Be nice to have it all locked away as it is the most cumbersome platform.I have used , still don't know if my C , Bc & E's have been set properly.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How about Z Merrett as an alternative if funds permit. Had a poor 2018 season but had 2 consecutive years of 117+ in DT from 2016-2017.
Don't mind Zerrett but the interrupted PS has him as an upgrade target to me ... plus the new rules .. might be less cheap possessions available in the backline ...

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks all for your submissions. Here is Draft 1.

View attachment 7179

Queries, challenges, insults, demands all welcome.

The main weird one is probably Witts at R2. I think in this game a placeholder is more useful. I don't see Gawn as a C option and his last season was by far his best in AFLF (he's not always the best scorer in this format). Witts is better in this than SC and has a good early draw. But I'm certainly not wedded to the pick if people hate it.

I see this as very much an early draft so please give freely with your thoughts.

On a practical note I know this is a lesser priority than SC so let's lock a team early next week. Any changes needing to be made from final teams won't involve Thursday night players and won't require any changes until the next day. Does that suit?
An option could
Out: B Grundy, J Billings, B Crouch, D Sheed, Z Butters
In: T Goldstein, J Worpel, Z Merrett, A Brayshaw, C Constable

leaves 6,000 remaining salary

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
An option could
Out: B Grundy, J Billings, B Crouch, D Sheed, Z Butters
In: T Goldstein, J Worpel, Z Merrett, A Brayshaw, C Constable

leaves 6,000 remaining salary
That looks pretty good actually ... keep Broach / Sheed over Zerret early on and I'd buy into that ... Oh well might be time to give this a rest ... happy to go with whatever we start with ...

AFL Club
Collingwood
I am no help I still have Adams , Beams , Sidebottom , Treloar in my side I did weeks ago ?

Has Zac Bailey been considered , currently F/M $ 376,000.00 will be one of the playmakers out of Brisbane's defence ?

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
That's the answer I was hoping to hear.

I thought we had a side settled , obviously not given all the recent activity.

Be nice to have it all locked away as it is the most cumbersome platform.I have used , still don't know if my C , Bc & E's have been set properly.
I'll be honest, it took me a while to figure it out. Don't know if it's a new thing but the whole flipping cards business was not expected.

AFL Club
St Kilda
I am no help I still have Adams , Beams , Sidebottom , Treloar in my side I did weeks ago ?

Has Zac Bailey been considered , currently F/M $ 376,000.00 will be one of the playmakers out of Brisbane's defence ?
Funnily enough he was in my first draft but I was worried I'd be laughed out of here.

EDIT: i think i see a pattern in those names

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll be honest, it took me a while to figure it out. Don't know if it's a new thing but the whole flipping cards business was not expected.
I have only used it on my phone , and certainly not tech savvy or tech dumb , but it stretched my patience after 5 minutes.

Not sure how it will go once the season starts to look at stats and stuff.

All the other platforms seem very user friendly , this was like annoying and frustrating (maybe the younger generation like it)

AFL Club
St Kilda
I'll put together some XvYs tomorrow and see about a poll but I note that Grundy down to Goldstein and Butters down to Constable gets enough $ for Libba up to Dusty.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I have only used it on my phone , and certainly not tech savvy or tech dumb , but it stretched my patience after 5 minutes.

Not sure how it will go once the season starts to look at stats and stuff.

All the other platforms seem very user friendly , this was like annoying and frustrating (maybe the younger generation like it)
I believe it was 'new and improved' this year as well. I think they should just replicate the other comps with a few minors tweaks to the aesthetics to make it their own. The navigating and parts of the league interface are a pain.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
but in the back of my mind this is a trading game so he might not necessarily need to be a season long keeper (but would come at the cost of a trade)
This.

I'm right on the fence with Dusty in this format. I'm strongly considering him in SC because of the expectation that he will be spending most of his time in the midfield so that does support him as a pick in AF but if he doesn't play majority midfield, i don't think it necessarily makes him a disastrous pick in SC whereas the same can't be said in AF.

Happy to have him in though. I like my fantasy teams to have as many common players as possible :)

AFL Club
St Kilda
This.

I'm right on the fence with Dusty in this format. I'm strongly considering him in SC because of the expectation that he will be spending most of his time in the midfield so that does support him as a pick in AF but if he doesn't play majority midfield, i don't think it necessarily makes him a disastrous pick in SC whereas the same can't be said in AF.

Happy to have him in though. I like my fantasy teams to have as many common players as possible :)
I'm already dreading my confused emotions following Jack Macrae. One way or another, I know I will not be happy.