Discussion AFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Definitely go at least 4 Top mids.
Thanks mate. What's the thinking behind this?

I've had to take Hanners out so I'm figuring out who I should my next best cheap keeper (I had some cash) ... I'm thinking it could be a fwd or def given I can get good quality names at an achievable price point.

Tex

Draftee
Thanks mate. What's the thinking behind this?

I've had to take Hanners out so I'm figuring out who I should my next best cheap keeper (I had some cash) ... I'm thinking it could be a fwd or def given I can get good quality names at an achievable price point.
What ever works best mate . I'm a wait and see on R2 atm so I'm using the Gawn cash elsewhere for the time being.

Blaze

400 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
1551680843291.png 1551680873104.png
Hi All,
Above are the list of coaches who were in SCS RDT Elite last year.

11/18 have rejoined when I sent the invites out via the site. If you missed it and want to join up please PM me for an invite.

I'll give it a week and then open it up to any in this thread who are keen to be in a competitive league.

Last edited:

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
View attachment 7012 View attachment 7013
Hi All,

11/18 have rejoined when I sent the invites out via the site. If you missed it and want to join up please PM me for an invite.

I'll give it a week and then open it up to any in this thread who are keen to be in a competitive league.
I’m in. 14/18 joined.

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
View attachment 7012 View attachment 7013
Hi All,

Yes please! I thought I had joined previously but can't see this when I log in.

Blaze

400 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
OK 3 spots left for any coach who is keen to be competitive in RDT this year. PM me for the code :)

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
So it's fair to say I've been a bit more focused on my SC side ... just went in and checked my DT side, and ended up making 14 changes! :eek:

This is what I have, with $22k cash:

Laird, Whitfield, Simpson, Witherden, Smith, Scrimshaw (Clark, Hore)

Macrae, M Crouch, Dusty, Libba, Cousins, Walsh, Butters, Constable (Stocker, Scott, Atkins)

Grundy, Witts (Bines)

Danger, Menegola, Heeney, Gray, Setterfield, Drew (Balta, Parker)

Any thoughts welcome ... any rookies I've got wrong for this format, or concerns on premiums, eg?

Bomber18

AFL Club
Essendon
View attachment 6482

Very value heavy first up. Relies on Zerrett bouncing back and being the reliable C option he once was. Hard to make a RDT side without Rocky in it but his days of relevance might be over.

I'm very keen on Hall in this format. I think the pricing has worked well in his favour in this format. Very close to locked for me.

Gresham and Worpel as breakout stabs in the dark, I like making a few in this format.

Going very light in the mids has helped me squeeze in 16 prospective "keepers" which include Lloyd and Grundy.
In contrast to @Darkie, very few changes for me. Only 3 changes to the premos/keepers. Main one is just to chop Longer for Gawn and Simpson down to Ridley, probably for the best.

Still staying strong with that risky midfield as per my very early preseason thoughts and will back in Worpel in this comp haha.

aps1

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Essendon
So it's fair to say I've been a bit more focused on my SC side ... just went in and checked my DT side, and ended up making 14 changes! :eek:

Macrae, M Crouch, Dusty, Libba, Cousins, Walsh, Butters, Constable (Stocker, Scott, Atkins)

Grundy, Witts (Bines)

Any thoughts welcome ... any rookies I've got wrong for this format, or concerns on premiums, eg?
A couple..

Gray is better in SC format, having never averaged 100 in RDT.
Similar for Libba, though he does present some value as a stepping-stone type option.
Brayshaw has become a hyped pick, but based on the back half of last year does seem under-priced.
Simpson should score well, but if you are hoping for a boost from the kick-in rules, note that he already had a high play-on percentage.
Duursma is the only rookie of note you are missing, but may have some JS issues. Stocker unlikely to play RD1.

Bomber18

AFL Club
Essendon

Grundy, Witts (Bines)

I’d definitely swap Laird with someone who takes kickouts. Those are free extra points in RDT as they never were getting 1 for a kickin. Lloyd, Sicily are great starters in this comp IMO. Simpson good too but already had a 50% play on rate last year. Seems to playing on a 100% in JLT so could still see a fair boost.