Analysis AFL SC 2022: Reveal Your Completed Team

How many trades in total did you used to get to your completed team...?

• More than 30

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • 28-29

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • 26-27

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 24-25

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • 22-23

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 20-21

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Less than 20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Final team completed below…good to have Stewart back so I can finally have no rookies on field this week…

DEF: Sinclair, Stewart, Sicily, Hewitt, Ridley, Short ( bench Ambrosio, Dean)
MID
: Oliver, Miller, Neale, Macrae, Mills, Brayshaw, Petracca, Cripps ( bench Carmichael, Owens, Mountford)
RCK
: Darcy, Goldy (bench Teakle)
FWD
: Bont, English, Cogs, Dunkley, Parker, Butters ( bench Rioli, Vistentini)

DPP on each line and also floating defenders..
Missing keys such as Laird, Dawson, Gawn and Zerrett…..

still one trade kept for any LTI….unfortunately traded out and back in too many premiums this year…bench depth non existent….

If Hewitt fails to line up will go to Dawson in defense…

AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is how my gang are looking this week, after trading out Hewett to Miller, will probably reverse that if Hewett's ok.
View attachment 46459
I have a double chance in all my leagues this week but it'd sure be nice to go straight through to week 3 still having one trade left.
What do you guys think....should I use one this week to improve my chance of winning or use Martin to back up Hewett if he misses?
Nice looking team @Russty_ some good bench coverage in Cumberland and Cameron as well…

AFL Club
St Kilda
Final team completed below…good to have Stewart back so I can finally have no rookies on field this week…

DEF: Sinclair, Stewart, Sicily, Hewitt, Ridley, Short ( bench Ambrosio, Dean)
MID
: Oliver, Miller, Neale, Macrae, Mills, Brayshaw, Petracca, Cripps ( bench Carmichael, Owens, Mountford)
RCK
: Darcy, Goldy (bench Teakle)
FWD
: Bont, English, Cogs, Dunkley, Parker, Butters ( bench Rioli, Vistentini)

DPP on each line and also floating defenders..
Missing keys such as Laird, Dawson, Gawn and Zerrett…..

still one trade kept for any LTI….unfortunately traded out and back in too many premiums this year…bench depth non existent….

If Hewitt fails to line up will go to Dawson in defense…
Solid outfit Macca, finals will be tough this year with so many full premo sides, just will depend on who fires on the day.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's not wasting your life if you enjoy the hours you spend on it, I love it and cherish every moment because when the season is over, I'm just waiting for it to start again :) Love watching Golf Tournaments and Major league Baseball games too which can chew up many hours but I still love every minute of it.
Does anyone run a PGA Golf League or MBL League ?, that might be fun.
I know what you mean about all the ruck trades this year right?...yikes it's been way more than the 5 extra we got.
Unsure if the spot has been filled yet but approximately a fortnight ago, @KLo30 bumped this for the Fantasy Baseball league I have recently joined with him, run by @American Doggie. My knowledge of the sport is limited to the days of Sam Malone relief pitching for the Boston Red Sox, the antics of George Steinbrenner and the players featured or referenced in the Simpsons episode “Homer at the bat”. Yet to sit down and watch more than five minutes but have thoroughly enjoyed participating over the past 1-2 months as the assistance from @KLo30 in learning the ropes has been very valuable.
BUMP

Looks like a team manager has pulled out, and another team isn't complete, so the league is still looking for interested managers. Plenty of scope for trading with roster sizes of 26+, and unlimited minor leaguers.

There will be a rookie draft soon, which will be for the players drafted in the MLB first year players draft July 17th - 19th. So, a great time to be involved.

@American Doggie is the commissioner, and both Connoiseur and myself are involved.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Unsure if the spot has been filled yet but approximately a fortnight ago, @KLo30 bumped this for the Fantasy Baseball league I have recently joined with him, run by @American Doggie. My knowledge of the sport is limited to the days of Sam Malone relief pitching for the Boston Red Sox, the antics of George Steinbrenner and the players featured or referenced in the Simpsons episode “Homer at the bat”. Yet to sit down and watch more than five minutes but have thoroughly enjoyed participating over the past 1-2 months as the assistance from @KLo30 in learning the ropes has been very valuable.
Thanks for the info Connoisseur, I'm just getting back into it and learning all the terminology again and trying to get to know which players are any good. Does the League start afresh on opening day of the new season?...cause I think it might take me the rest of this season to become acquainted with the players and who I'd want to start with. And is the League done through this site or from the MLB site?

AFL Club
St Kilda
I've got to say, I knew absolutely nothing about basketball myself when I joined a couple of seasons ago, it's surprisingly easy to pick up and I have to say one of the more fun formats (when you don't cop a bunch of players with covid, or who get injured the first game after you trade them in). It's definitely worth giving it a go. The timing is also much better for us here in Australia than for many other sports.

There might be some interest in a golf league, that could be interesting and it sounds easy if all it involves is picking 4 players each tournament. Baseball is not for me though - you would possibly get others interested, but that is one that I'd likely give a miss. It would be interesting if we could get leagues for all the major sports up, it just needs someone to start them.
Thanks for the response Ironhawk, I'll have a think about the Basketball League but I really don't watch it so probably wouldn't know jack about any of it haha. I think with the PGA Tour League, you can start a League on the site and just pick your 4 players each week, if you manage to pick the winner of top few you get extra points like a C score.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks anyway Tails but I don't know anything about Basketball or the players, just getting re-acquainted with Baseball again but the Golf one would be easy, I've done it before on the PGA Tour site, you just pick 4 players per tournament and hope for the best and that all 4 make the cut.
I've got to say, I knew absolutely nothing about basketball myself when I joined a couple of seasons ago, it's surprisingly easy to pick up and I have to say one of the more fun formats (when you don't cop a bunch of players with covid, or who get injured the first game after you trade them in). It's definitely worth giving it a go. The timing is also much better for us here in Australia than for many other sports.

There might be some interest in a golf league, that could be interesting and it sounds easy if all it involves is picking 4 players each tournament. Baseball is not for me though - you would possibly get others interested, but that is one that I'd likely give a miss. It would be interesting if we could get leagues for all the major sports up, it just needs someone to start them.
Echoing the sentiments of @Ironhawk, as in the past few seasons I have thoroughly enjoyed participating in the likes of NBA, NFL, NRL, EPL, F1, Tour de France, etc of which I still display little knowledge or interest but most of us are on the same playing field and a lot of the strategies used in AFL SC are transferable to other formats. This decreases the reliance on watching matches which is a common misconception that increased viewing correlates to a better performance, which I am sure plenty of us in those formats can attest to. A great assortment of members that are always willing to lend a hand if needed, especially to the newcomers.

AFL SC is quickly becoming my least favourite fantasy format but too much emphasis might be placed on my poor performances and the difficulty due to the larger entrant pool. :ROFLMAO:

AFL Club
St Kilda
Echoing the sentiments of @Ironhawk, as in the past few seasons I have thoroughly enjoyed participating in the likes of NBA, NFL, NRL, EPL, F1, Tour de France, etc of which I still display little knowledge or interest but most of us are on the same playing field and a lot of the strategies used in AFL SC are transferable to other formats. This decreases the reliance on watching matches which is a common misconception that increased viewing correlates to a better performance, which I am sure plenty of us in those formats can attest to. A great assortment of members that are always willing to lend a hand if needed, especially to the newcomers.

AFL SC is quickly becoming my least favourite fantasy format but too much emphasis might be placed on my poor performances and the difficulty due to the larger entrant pool. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for that mate, I'll look forward to participating in some formats I've never tried before, great site this with all it's variety, I'm really glad I found it, so many nice and helpful people here, so many other fantasy sites or chat pages are full of hate and fighting or trolls. I haven't seen any nasty or negative people here and that's refreshing because some of those other places are downright toxic.

AFL Club
Essendon
Well, this is where I've ended up. Sitting just inside the top 10k overall, just missing about on most finals, though I'm still in one cash league so that will be my focus now.

Bringing in Gawn for Jackson this week. I've been trying to see if there's anything else I can do - would really like to have Merrett but zigged when I should have zagged on that last week bringing in Macrae instead. Still toying with Trac to Merrett, but it seems a bit sideways despite Merrett's form. My heart also wants Peter Wright, especially given EFC v NM this week, but probably a good thing I can't see an easy way to do it.

Any feedback more than welcome. Stewart is tempting, but you just know Short, Crisp or Ridley will fire, which ever one I trade. McCartin's money on the bench feels cumbersome, but he's good cover amongst a lot of bench dead wood.

1659053036866.png

AFL Club
Essendon
Stewart, Hewett, Crisp, Short, Rich, Whitfield (Wehr, Parnell)
Oliver, Neale, Laird, Walsh, Macrae, Miller, Cripps, Petracca (Rozee, Owens, Clarke)
English, Darcy (Teakle)
Bont, Dunkley, Parker, Libba, Coniglio, Butters (Curtis, Culley)

Finished my team with Walsh last week with 7 trades left. Couple of luxury upgrades this week with Bont and Libba coming in.
Final team now with no trades left;

DEF: Himmelberg, Dawson, Stewart, Rich, Short, Whitfield, Crisp, Parnell
MID: Oliver, Laird, Miller, Neale, Macrae, Petracca, Walsh, Cripps, Butler, Owens, Culley
RUC: Darcy, English, Teakle
FWD: Bont, Libba, Rozee, Coniglio, Parker, Dunkley, Jackson, Voss

Out: Hewett, Wehr, Clarke, Butters, Curtis
In: Himmelberg, Dawson, Butler, Jackson, Voss

AFL Club
West Coast
23 premiums with Goldy added this week. Cash generation going to be the issue getting Wehr up to someone like Whitfield.

Sicily, Stewart, Hewett, Docherty, Short, Crisp (Wehr, Buku)
Oliver, Neale, Laird, Walsh, Miller, Macrae, Cripps, Petracca (Rioli, CooperS, Owens)
Witts, Preuss (Teakle)
English, Dunkley, Brodie, Parker, Cogs, Goldstein (Butters, JudsonC)
To think I was complete at the end of June and still having trades to burn.

Sicily, Stewart, Hewett, Docherty, Short, Crisp (Himmelberg, Buku)
Oliver, Neale, Laird, Walsh, Miller, Macrae, Cripps, Merrett (Burgoyne, Tsitis, Owens)
Witts, English (Teakle)
Bont, Dunkley, Brodie, Parker, Butters, Goldstein (Rioli, JudsonC)

Preuss > Himmelberg
Petracca > Merrett
COGS> Bont

AFL Club
St Kilda
Was aiming for a truly 'complete' team with premo emergencies, and thinking of being greedy this week with 3 trades to get real close.

Learnt from a couple of mistakes this season, but real keen on getting 4 premo emergencies next time.

*This week's trades, penciling:
Butters, Rosas, Wehr -->Bont, Hall, Teakle
View attachment 45509 View attachment 45511
Update: the premo bench novelty has actually ended up being quite useful!

And so is luck .. In a previous post I was going to do a Wehr to Hall trade - which would've resulted in donuts for a couple of weeks. I held off on it but made the other two, for Bont, which has paid disproportionate dividends.

Being an ardent Saints supporter, and weighing the Grundy risk, I did a Cameron to Marshall trade on Saturday morning, + Wehr to Stewart b/c of breakevens.

Ranked 224 at the moment with one silver bullet trade left.

Attachments

Three rounds to go - I guess is as complete as it's ever going to be:

1659692120640.png

Not having two of Bont / Merrett / Petracca is hurting as Mills and Walsh haven't been the uber premiums I was hoping they would be while Bont and Trac keep pulling out 100pt halves our of their arses and Merrett has been farming the weaker teams like a pro.

Preuss never really panned out but I'm hoping he can pick up his performance over the last three rounds.

Backline has been failing as I've noted some other coaches have also had but at this point there's not much I can do about it except loop and hope. Burning an extra trade on Culley last week also stung a little but not much anyone could have done about that.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought I could go from Cripps to Merrett in one trade, but he has skyrocketed. I knew he’d gone up but not that much.

Not a lot I can do with 1 trade outside a Steele or Parish. I do have 2 trades mind you.