Analysis AFL SC 2022: Reveal Your Completed Team

How many trades in total did you used to get to your completed team...?

• More than 30

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • 28-29

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • 26-27

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 24-25

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • 22-23

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 20-21

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Less than 20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sort of a finished team, will have to do at least until the finals.
Looked a bit better when I had Stewart in but Baker will have to carry the load.
May still be able to get Stewart back later but funds are pretty tight.
Quite likely will need to trade Cameron when Grundy comes back, but will see what impact he has.

1656987346348.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sort of a finished team, will have to do at least until the finals.
Looked a bit better when I had Stewart in but Baker will have to carry the load.
May still be able to get Stewart back later but funds are pretty tight.
Quite likely will need to trade Cameron when Grundy comes back, but will see what impact he has.

View attachment 45732
Know this isn’t the trades thread but Bazlenka r18 plus d/f DPP gives you cover across all 4 lines and allows Heeney to cool his turbo prop on the bench.

AFL Club
Essendon
"Complete" team. Stucturally I've painted myself into a corner with Heeney, and with McCartin's money on the bench due to outside circumstances. The plan was to have Bont forward and Macrae et al in the mids... I really don't like having Heeney in my team. However, things are bound to happen so I won't luxury trade just yet. 6 trades left. Sitting about 10k overall. Middling season.

1657066319642.png

AFL Club
Essendon
"Complete" team. Stucturally I've painted myself into a corner with Heeney, and with McCartin's money on the bench due to outside circumstances. The plan was to have Bont forward and Macrae et al in the mids... I really don't like having Heeney in my team. However, things are bound to happen so I won't luxury trade just yet. 6 trades left. Sitting about 10k overall. Middling season.

View attachment 45734
Cameron out, English into the rucks, Bont forward & the best available mid (Keays for example).

I'm willing to bet that Keays averages more than Cameron from here on out & only costs you one trade.

AFL Club
West Coast
Cameron out, English into the rucks, Bont forward & the best available mid (Keays for example).

I'm willing to bet that Keays averages more than Cameron from here on out & only costs you one trade.
But then he has no ruck cover if 1 of them is out - Cameron/Jackson/English all being ruck/fwds offers good cover & flexibility.

AFL Club
Essendon
Was aiming for a truly 'complete' team with premo emergencies, and thinking of being greedy this week with 3 trades to get real close.

Learnt from a couple of mistakes this season, but real keen on getting 4 premo emergencies next time.

*This week's trades, penciling:
Butters, Rosas, Wehr -->Bont, Hall, Teakle
View attachment 45509 View attachment 45511
That's outstanding Bro! Insane bench cover. Well played!

AFL Club
Hawthorn

View attachment 45734

But then he has no ruck cover if 1 of them is out - Cameron/Jackson/English all being ruck/fwds offers good cover & flexibility.
Using Wehr and McCartin to buy say Hewett could allow cover across all 4 lines/move Heeney to bench. If buying a premo mid, Steele would be my man (less flex but prolly more raw points, before cover).

AFL Club
West Coast
My "finished" team below!
This is assuming Brodie is a keeper (what a season so far!) and also the few concerns over Cripps, Lloyd and Short. Can't believe I still have Whitfield but yea might as well keep him now lol :LOL:

Need to find a way to get Dawson and Sinclair in. Curtis to a 102k ruck/forward player will help me have Jackson at F7 loop and cover for English when needed. Then can use the cash to upgrade one of the "under performing" players.

1657103165909.png

AFL Club
Essendon
This is assuming Brodie is a keeper (what a season so far!) and also the few concerns over Cripps, Lloyd and Short. Can't believe I still have Whitfield but yea might as well keep him now lol :LOL:

Need to find a way to get Dawson and Sinclair in. Curtis to a 102k ruck/forward player will help me have Jackson at F7 loop and cover for English when needed. Then can use the cash to upgrade one of the "under performing" players.

View attachment 45747
Great work getting to this point with 9 trades in the bank! Obviously bench cover is the main concern but as you say you've got the trades and cash to grab Dawson / Sinclair and move Whitfield to bench cover duties. I'd also look at getting Mountford ($102k M/D) onto your MID bench to create the link.

AFL Club
Geelong

View attachment 45747
Unreal effort with 9 trades!

AFL Club
West Coast
Great work getting to this point with 9 trades in the bank! Obviously bench cover is the main concern but as you say you've got the trades and cash to grab Dawson / Sinclair and move Whitfield to bench cover duties. I'd also look at getting Mountford ($102k M/D) onto your MID bench to create the link.
Cheers! Yes great idea for the M/D link. Will make sure I have it before the SC league playo*** start. Thanks!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Collingwood
3 trades left so not complete

32 trades used , given the amount of "value" on offer at the start , it is even more pathetic than normal

D: Hewett * , Doc , Short * , SP10 * , Lizard , Ryan / Parnell , Voss *

M: Neale , Oliver , Macrae , Laird , Miller , Cripps , Brodie * , Merrett / D Stephens , Rioli * , Long *

R: Darcy , Preuss / Teakle *

F: English * , Bont * , Dunkley * , Parker * , Cogs * , Tomahawk / Kiddy * , 2MP *

Brodie as a mid a weakness , need Tomahawk to go bang one round to win the weekly 😀

Top of my head started :

Ryan , Short
Macrae , Neale , Cripps
Dunkley , Brodie , Cogs
Down to 2 trades

Preuss - > Steele via English & Brodie

AFL Club
Essendon
Using Wehr and McCartin to buy say Hewett could allow cover across all 4 lines/move Heeney to bench.
So a one down with and one up to Hewett/DPP- cover and looping as I see fit.
or
Same, but with an affordable premo in the mids?

Other option is to just get Macrae back in and wing it.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So a one down with and one up to Hewett/DPP- cover and looping as I see fit.
or
Same, but with an affordable premo in the mids?

Other option is to just get Macrae back in and wing it.
I've heard that Macrae kid could be good at football...

In fact, I put lobster on him for the brownlow at the beginning of the season, but that hasn't panned out.

If you can get him from your cash in hand and array of bench players, sure. But if not, suggest Steele. I think the extra cover from Heeney probably outweighs the Macrae-Steele difference.

Good luck.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've heard that Macrae kid could be good at football...

In fact, I put lobster on him for the brownlow at the beginning of the season, but that hasn't panned out.

If you can get him from your cash in hand and array of bench players, sure. But if not, suggest Steele. I think the extra cover from Heeney probably outweighs the Macrae-Steele difference.

Good luck.
Macrae is a gun, no question.

With that said, I was surprised to see that in his 200th, he has only kicked 46 goals across his career. If he picked up his scoring rate, he would be a strong chance to win a Brownlow.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Final team with remaining trades to be used for injuries only where warranted.

DEF: Sicily, Sinclair, Docherty, Hewett, Crisp, Short (D’Ambrosio, Voss)
MID: Oliver, Miller, Neale, Macrae, Brayshaw, Merrett, Petracca, Cripps (M Rioli, C Stephens, Owens)
RUC: Witts, Darcy (Teakle)
FWD: Bontempelli, English, Coniglio, Brodie, Dunkley, Parker (McCartin, Clarke)