AFL SC 2023 - Combined SCS Team.

AFL Club
Collingwood
@Ironhawk, I don't know how you are planning to go forward, but I like the idea of seeing a Poll, similar to the one below.

I'd like to see Hopper and L Jones traded out this week and Sheezel traded in.

sample.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1679226821996.png
1679226877240.png
1679226918957.png

Decisions to be made for Round 2:

Should we trade this round?
Should we use a boost this round?
If trading, what trades should be made?
What changes to our field structure should be made?
Which players get the VC, C and E's?

I think these earlier rounds will be the harder ones to achieve consensus, but hopefully there's a few stand out options once we do decide to trade, for both ins and outs.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
View attachment 54204
View attachment 54205
View attachment 54206

Decisions to be made for Round 2:

Should we trade this round?
Should we use a boost this round?
If trading, what trades should be made?
What changes to our field structure should be made?
Which players get the VC, C and E's?

I think these earlier rounds will be the harder ones to achieve consensus, but hopefully there's a few stand out options once we do decide to trade, for both ins and outs.
My view is that there are only two main reasons to trade in round 2:

(1) Significant injuries or suspensions, and

(2) Making a start on correction trades, because you believe you will have more than you can execute in round 3.

Otherwise I think waiting for information from round 2 is very useful (it doubles our sample).

Assuming Jones is out for a while, I think he would be the only player that fits the bill. Possibly Kelly depending on reports.

Jones => Cole is close to a like for like replacement and I think there were some positive comments re Cole in the main threads. It also gives us another 46k to use for other trades next round.

Those on watch would include Laird, Hopper, Chesser and Bruhn.

AFL Club
Carlton
My view is that there are only two main reasons to trade in round 2:

(1) Significant injuries or suspensions, and

(2) Making a start on correction trades, because you believe you will have more than you can execute in round 3.

Otherwise I think waiting for information from round 2 is very useful (it doubles our sample).

Assuming Jones is out for a while, I think he would be the only player that fits the bill. Possibly Kelly depending on reports.

Jones => Cole is close to a like for like replacement and I think there were some positive comments re Cole in the main threads. It also gives us another 46k to use for other trades next round.

Those on watch would include Laird, Hopper, Chesser and Bruhn.

Dogs believe that Jones may yet be available for round 2.

Injury update: Liam Jones (westernbulldogs.com.au)

Injury update: Liam Jones
Bulldogs key defender Liam Jones has been cleared of structural damage to his neck after being substituted during last night’s round one clash against Melbourne.

Relief for Western Bulldogs as recruit Liam Jones escapes serious neck injury (afl.com.au)

Scans on Sunday morning have removed the concern of serious injury, leaving the door open for the former Carlton defender to face St Kilda on Saturday night.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Got to say Jones wasn't playing great even before his injury. I wouldn't be upset if we did trade him, but I'll go the popular choice, if that's to hold him, so be it.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
We should consider these rookies: (there are too many to leave it to the 3rd round)
Mid Will Phillips NTH $158,300 65
Fwd Kade Chandler MEL $123,900 93
Fwd Charlie Comben NTH $123,900 83
Def Aiden Bonar NTH $203,700 82
Def Tom Cole WCE $182,300 78
M/F Noah Long WCE $117,300 63
Fwd Luke Pedlar ADE $173,400 83
Mid Jack Bytel STK $158,600 71

I suggest to keep Hopper and see how he goes next round, but if we decide to trade him I would go for Home-Frances PTA $342,200.

AFL Club
Carlton
We should consider these rookies: (there are too many to leave it to the 3rd round)

I suggest to keep Hopper and see how he goes next round, but if we decide to trade him I would go for Home-Frances PTA $342,200.
Agree we should consider, but I'm not convinced there's too many for round 3. This team's rookie DEFs are the same as mine - Ginbey, McKenna, Constable, Wilmot and Cowan - and I'm not unhappy with any of those. Wilmot should have been in the 60s but for somehow missing a gift goal, and Cowan has junior pedigree for being a real pig, and wasn't out of place on debut.

I don't think anyone's in a hurry to move on Ashcroft, Mackenzie or Sheezel, so that really only leaves Chesser, Greene and Caminiti. With that in mind I'm definitely keener to look at the forwards, but I'd want to have another look at their roles before committing to jumping on.

Ratugolea may still yet be viable to open up the swing and try to catch a good bench score.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

Phillips, Cole and Comben only of interest out of that list (and in that order). Would wait another week on them though.

Phillips, Cole and Comben only of interest out of that list (and in that order). Would wait another week on them though.
Assuming Clarko promotes Will Phillips to the starting 22, is Caminiti > Phillips (switching Davey) a relatively safe move to do early to free up 3 more trades for next week? Naming him sub may have just been a tactic to ease him back after missing 2022 with glandular fever.

Phillips was 4th in the CBAs at North behind LDU, Simpkin & Cunnington despite only coming on in Q2.
Caminiti is a 19-year-old KPF relying on spike games.

AFL Club
Carlton
Got to say Jones wasn't playing great even before his injury. I wouldn't be upset if we did trade him, but I'll go the popular choice, if that's to hold him, so be it.
Freo defenders all went big against St K

My vote fwiw (Didn't really contribute to opening side) is to keep him if playing.

Maybe even if not given it's now looking a short term injury at worst.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Assuming Clarko promotes Will Phillips to the starting 22, is Caminiti > Phillips (switching Davey) a relatively safe move to do early to free up 3 more trades for next week? Naming him sub may have just been a tactic to ease him back after missing 2022 with glandular fever.

Phillips was 4th in the CBAs at North behind LDU, Simpkin & Cunnington despite only coming on in Q2.
Caminiti is a 19-year-old KPF relying on spike games.
I could get behind this trade…

Only Phillips is of any interest to me (scored 65 after coming on in the second quarter). If Clarko names him in the 22, he is in for Chesser.
Let's also factor in Phillips played against witches hats
Far more impressed by Bytel who scored well against an alleged top 6 midfield

AFL Club
Collingwood
Who is on field whilst Kelly's out for 2, weeks. We need to trade, this team not playing for league wins
Kelly is expected to miss one game. He had a good role and his SC scoring was going alright before the concussion. I would like to keep him and save a trade.

GWS coach Adam Kingsley joined SEN Breakfast to provide an update on the availability of Josh Kelly (AF $890k SC $582k MID) and Lachie Whitfield (AF $771k SC $473k MID) following their respective concussions. “Obviously Whitfield and Kelly are ruled out with concussion, so that’s the 12-day protocol. They’ll be available the day before round three, so I expect to have both of them back for that Carlton game,” he said.