AFL SC 2023 - Combined SCS Team.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I would push McLean to Cheezels and play him at F6. Phillips to Cheeser in the mids.

Don't like 'prem rookies' being made the sub, even if it is the first rd. Should have enough in the bank to get them in if needed.

Madden is the donut for the VC score.
Back these suggestions.

AFL Club
West Coast
If nobody suggests changes, Greene will be moved to F6 and Caminiti given the E. Davey E over Phillips. Will still be able to bring on our donut if we want to lock in Bont VC.

I'm expecting both Phillips and McLean may be the sub. Possibly better value with other options?
Thinking McLean to Sheezel and Phillips to Chesser like @PC suggested. But also thinking of going Caminiti to Phillipou. Opens up a loop between him and Davey in the mids too. Would leave you with roughly $20k or so.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is Caminiti preferred to Philippou? Asking for a friend 🙂

Interestingly this side is quite similar to mine, despite me not being anywhere near as involved in this side as the BBL one (so far - I’ve been behind on my prep, so I will be better placed to help going forward!).

The backline is the same, with differences being M3-4, M10-11, R1, F3-4 and F6.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Is Caminiti preferred to Philippou? Asking for a friend 🙂

Interestingly this side is quite similar to mine, despite me not being anywhere near as involved in this side as the BBL one (so far - I’ve been behind on my prep, so I will be better placed to help going forward!).

The backline is the same, with differences being M3-4, M10-11, R1, F3-4 and F6.
That's been my problem, been busy and I have been behind on getting my SC Team finalised.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I found the Mid-Priced Madness Comp took a lot of my time too. I kept thinking that it would have been better for me, if the MPM started in week 2. This way, I would have more time to focus on my team and this Combined Team.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I found the Mid-Priced Madness Comp took a lot of my time too. I kept thinking that it would have been better for me, if the MPM started in week 2. This way, I would have more time to focus on my team and this Combined Team.
I spent all of 5 minutes putting my MPM team together, if that. :ROFLMAO:

Definitely spent longer on it than everyone else, but that is just in entering teams etc.

I was only going to start MPM in Rd 2 when I was struggling getting the automation of entries, it's traditional for it to start in Rd 1 (if you can have a tradition after 2 years) and I'd like to keep that going.

As for this comp, it's actually been quite stress free to run so far, much easier to run than for BBL. Naturally there will be late outs etc upcoming to deal with, but haven't had them yet. I was very pleased to have your help with the initial team selection, it helped immensely. You've definitely played a role in getting this team where it is so far.

Apologies if the MPM team took up too much of your time, hopefully it pays off.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unfortunately I missed the cut for MPM, which I was keen to play but just got squeezed for. I also like the idea of comps starting in week 2 or 3 for that reason, but plenty of others made it work I’m sure 🙂

AFL Club
Collingwood
I spent all of 5 minutes putting my MPM team together, if that. :ROFLMAO:

Definitely spent longer on it than everyone else, but that is just in entering teams etc.

I was only going to start MPM in Rd 2 when I was struggling getting the automation of entries, it's traditional for it to start in Rd 1 (if you can have a tradition after 2 years) and I'd like to keep that going.

As for this comp, it's actually been quite stress free to run so far, much easier to run than for BBL. Naturally there will be late outs etc upcoming to deal with, but haven't had them yet. I was very pleased to have your help with the initial team selection, it helped immensely. You've definitely played a role in getting this team where it is so far.

Apologies if the MPM team took up too much of your time, hopefully it pays off.
Where I spent a lot of time was researching the mid-priced players that were not mentioned much in our SCS Forums. I knew very little about many of those MPPlayers, so I spent a lot of time finding info about them. The last few days before the deadline, I was researching what roles they were going to play and if they were in the best 22.

The worst part about doing all this research is that my team won't be better than someone who spent just 5 minutes putting a MPM team together. :D

AFL Club
Hawthorn
14/1172 so far. Slow start compared to a lot of others, but at least most of our rookies have played already.

Do we want to lock in the 107 from Bont as VC? I personally think we try someone else (currently C on Laird), but will go with the majority. We can still take the E off Greene and loop Madden if we want to take it.

Projected score is 2,032 which sounds at least reasonable from here. Dawson, Laird, Jelly, Green, Callaghan, Mackenzie, Darcy, Marshall and a C score to come, so it should be achievable.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would suggest that we pass on 107 as VC.

2,033 is a good projection in my view, especially with Mackenzie and possibly others likely to be underestimated.