Competitions BBL|09 Doubles Competition (Fixture in OP) - Completed

AFL Club
Hawthorn
TBH I'd prefer the suspense so no team collaboration can take place !!
I'm not too fussed if we wait either to be honest, I just want to find out who the poor sucker is that was unfortunate enough to be landed with me, as they will likely need to be very good to make up for my contribution to the team. I'm sort of hoping to get someone else who isn't very good so I don't feel as bad about letting one of the better players down.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised with how well I do, but as I have never really followed BB previously at all, and based on previous fantasy sports experience, I am not expecting great scores, and for my team to get worse as the season progresses rather than better. Guess we find out next month.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Without further ado, the duos are:

1. @Foxy's Fe-Lions and @mike89
2. @Rowsus and @Tamuhawk
3. @Tex and @THCLT
4. @Jim's Dim Sims and @All is Wells
5. @Johno69 and @Ben's Beasts
6. @Creeker and @Diabolical
7. @Connoisseur and @Darkie
8. @blue dreamer and @Tails
9. @Goodie's Guns and @KLo30
10. @Presto and @Ironhawk
11. @Young gun and @Damion23
12. @jaca and @Herbie66
13. @7/11 and @Bomber18

Hopefully the fixture will be generated and released tomorrow. Thanks to all participants for their interest and input.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not too fussed if we wait either to be honest, I just want to find out who the poor sucker is that was unfortunate enough to be landed with me, as they will likely need to be very good to make up for my contribution to the team. I'm sort of hoping to get someone else who isn't very good so I don't feel as bad about letting one of the better players down.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised with how well I do, but as I have never really followed BB previously at all, and based on previous fantasy sports experience, I am not expecting great scores, and for my team to get worse as the season progresses rather than better. Guess we find out next month.
To me BBL is all about a bit of luck, some forward planning and some savvy trading ... you're amongst some pretty good company here IMO ...

I wouldn't stress too much .. pick a decent starting side and then see where the journey takes you as this site releases the various BE's etc ...

Last edited:

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Without further ado, the duos are:

1. @Foxy's Fe-Lions and @mike89
2. @Rowsus and @Tamuhawk
3. @Tex and @THCLT
4. @Jim's Dim Sims and @All is Wells
5. @Johno69 and @Ben's Beasts
6. @Creeker and @Diabolical
7. @Connoisseur and @Darkie
8. @blue dreamer and @Tails
9. @Goodie's Guns and @KLo30
10. @Presto and @Ironhawk
11. @Young gun and @Damion23
12. @jaca and @Herbie66
13. @7/11 and @Bomber18

Hopefully the fixture will be generated and released tomorrow. Thanks to all participants for their interest and input.
... and just in case there were any doubts about the randomness of the draw (not that there would have been) ...

Connoisseur has drawn a rank newcomer!

Tough luck mate, can’t say I’m unhappy though ?

AFL Club
Hawthorn

You will be extremely pleasantly surprised that I am the poor sucker, I know I am hopeless. Anything we can achieve, no matter how small, will be a victory.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
You will be extremely pleasantly surprised that I am the poor sucker, I know I am hopeless. Anything we can achieve, no matter how small, will be a victory.
Ahh well, I guess we could have a competition between the two of us as to who does better, maybe that'll help us both.

I mainly joined to support a good idea anyway, and second all the good work done in setting this up @Connoisseur. If I happen to do a bit better than I expect and not completely embarrass myself, even better.

AFL Club
Sydney
Ahh well, I guess we could have a competition between the two of us as to who does better, maybe that'll help us both.

I mainly joined to support a good idea anyway, and second all the good work done in setting this up @Connoisseur. If I happen to do a bit better than I expect and not completely embarrass myself, even better.
The sorts of teams that end up winning these things are the ones who might be inconsistent as individual in terms of overall , but usually one team smashes out a good total when needed and they alternate.

AFL Club
Essendon
I think we’ve got this sewn up easily @Creeker :cool:
Yep, we’ve got this.
The Diabolical/Creek combo just have to overcome one past winner, one opponent who has had 3 top 5 overall finishes, and many other top strategists who know this game inside out.
Think I better sit down, have 15 beers, and work out a team strategy.
What could possibly go wrong ? Go team DC.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep, we’ve got this.
The Diabolical/Creek combo just have to overcome one past winner, one opponent who has had 3 top 5 overall finishes, and many other top strategists who know this game inside out.
Think I better sit down, have 15 beers, and work out a team strategy.
What could possibly go wrong ? Go team DC.
Imagine if they were paired together?

We're all very lucky to have avoided that scenario.