Discussion BBL|09 SuperCoach BBL In Game Discussion

AFL Club
Carlton
That sucks.

It also makes for some very questionable scheduling in my view ... so they scheduled a match in our biggest domestic competition at mid afternoon, on a weekday, just so that pay TV subscribers didn’t have two games running at once?
It was so very reluctantly I forked out $ for Murdick for Kayo.
But it has been a decent product I'm surprised to say.
If the major free to air stations weren't run by morons and the ABC/SBS so undervalued it might be a different media landscape.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
These are fun. I’d be all for negative pts for bad economy rates.

It's my first year, so I have no particular affection/loyalty to the current system, but a few observations from an AFL SC import/cricket fan:

- If you're going to penalise for bad ERs (which I wouldn't overly mind, albeit I think leaving this as an ER "bonus" probably makes for happier players), penalising batsman for poor strike rates would seem logical

- There must be a better way of allocating run out points ... this seems to be all or none, which sometimes doesn't reflect a player's contribution

On other aspects:

- It makes no sense to me that the price changes are dependent on whether a score occurs during a SGR or a DGR ... a score is a score!

- Given the prevalence of weather, haze and light issues in this comp, I think there's an argument for not further penalising a player (through a massive price fall) for a game that is materially shortened.

- I don't really understand why we have emergencies in AFL SC but not in BBL SC.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
These are fun. I’d be all for negative pts for bad economy rates.

I absolutely hated the -20 penalty they used to have for ducks. Made your players first ball so nerve wracking...!

I think I would prefer the ER bonus going to bowlers bowling 3 overs rather than 2. Like the negative points for poor ERs but should be 3 overs minimum.

I’d also weight power play wickets higher than death over wickets.

AFL Club
Essendon
What about fielder points?

Cameras at every game so should be able to keep accurate record.

A point for a player every time he fields a ball. Negative points for a dropped catch or bad fumble. Bonus points for a great save.

Down side would be that it might require a bit of the scorers discretion as to how difficult the chance was, but we have that in AFL SC scoring.

AFL Club
Adelaide
- It makes no sense to me that the price changes are dependent on whether a score occurs during a SGR or a DGR ... a score is a score!
This happens in NBL DT as well with doubles. I think it’s as simple as the computer can’t do two price changes in one round for some players and not others.

It’s good and bad. It can smooth out the negative impact of a low score in one game of a double as much as it negates some of the upside of a single huge score.

AFL Club
Brisbane
It's my first year, so I have no particular affection/loyalty to the current system, but a few observations from an AFL SC import/cricket fan:

- If you're going to penalise for bad ERs (which I wouldn't overly mind, albeit I think leaving this as an ER "bonus" probably makes for happier players), penalising batsman for poor strike rates would seem logical

- There must be a better way of allocating run out points ... this seems to be all or none, which sometimes doesn't reflect a player's contribution

On other aspects:

- Given the prevalence of weather, haze and light issues in this comp, I think there's an argument for not further penalising a player (through a massive price fall) for a game that is materially shortened.

- I don't really understand why we have emergencies in AFL SC but not in BBL SC.
I'm hoping for equality in the price of wickets

Current value
Wicket 25

But also
Catch 10
Stumping 15
Run out 20

Which means a different value for each type of wicket taken.

What if every wicket were the same value? Each priced at 30.

So if a catch is worth 10, the bowler get 20
A stumping worth 20, the bowler 10
A run out 25, bowler 5

And perhaps no bonuses for 3 wickets (I think this creates a bigger difference than necessary - this player has already performed well)

I think this could level the bowling/batter playing field.

Anyway, just my 2c worth