Discussion BBL|09 SuperCoach BBL In Game Discussion

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
A question for the forum:

Is there a BBL equivalent of Footywire, which shows historical scoring by match across years, and round by round pricing?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes will be following my IPL RDT structure regarding WK's and hoping it works for Big Bash as well.

Be good to know how they work out the pricing , no idea how Banton & Hales can be priced the same given International experience , Zakir more expensive than Mujeeb etc etc.

I guess we should be grateful they gave us one gift to work with.

It is what it is so just have to work with it.

I wonder if they will change other positions.

As for WK , I was hoping they gave us Paine at basement price , but were smarter than I anticipated.
Out of interest, what was your WK structure in the IPL? I gather it worked :p

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes ... go to the supercoachscores forum and look up @THCLT :geek:
Haha - given how often I use Footywire for AFL SC I’m not sure Thanh will be left with time for much else :)

I figured that there must be a website (?) ... alternately, how do people figure out who the fallen premiums are?

Last edited:
Haha - given how often I use Footywire for AFL SC im not sure Thanh will be left with time for much else :)

I figured that there must be a website (?) ... alternately, how do people figure out who the fallen premiums are?
I still remember asking a similar BBL question hereabouts one time.... I only made that mistake once and don't think I ever fully recovered, never been quite the same since ;):)

Why would you want to go anywhere else @Slacker ...:unsure:

Last edited:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A question for the forum:

Is there a BBL equivalent of Footywire, which shows historical scoring by match across years, and round by round pricing?
Yes ... go to the supercoachscores forum and look up @THCLT :geek:
Haha - given how often I use Footywire for AFL SC im not sure Thanh will be left with time for much else :)

I still remember asking a similar BBL question hereabouts one time.... I only made that mistake once and don't think I ever fully recovered, never been quite the same since ;):)
https://supercoachscores.com/thread...-useful-information-updated-squads-8-12.3948/

Post 10 to Post 17 displays historical averages for several players such as:
1572825663268.png
1572825623328.png
1572825598787.png
1572825490007.png
1572825513133.png
1572825569437.png
1572825537247.png
1572825696538.png

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
https://supercoachscores.com/thread...-useful-information-updated-squads-8-12.3948/

Post 10 to Post 17 displays historical averages for several players such as:
Thanks @Connoisseur for that reference...The current BBL|09 version (which I will update in due course) can be found here BBL|09 Useful Information

I assume that you are satisfied @Darkie with the responses provided above...? If you're still not convinced, have a look at all our new members over the past couple of weeks and check up on their historical activities since joining.;)

In all honesty, the level of interest in the BBL here has grown significantly over the years and so has the amount of resources. Though my time has been somewhat diminished nowadays, there are many other knowledgeable members such as @Tails and @Pookus McFly who're both equipped to provide approximate estimate on player's price & BE movements. In addition to that, we have @Professor and @Connoisseur who'll keep us all abreast of what's making the twitter sphere! I'm confident that you'll not miss out on much important information if you continue to follow the BBL discussion thread.

I will say one thing though with regards to player's pricing & BE in that it's not as crucial in BBL as it is in AFL. Reason being that you tend to rotate your Premiums in & out based on the fixture and your 'cash cows' don't generally be afford adequate time to fully mature in price. From my experience, these has never been a problem for me. I usually draft up a list of Premiums I want for each of the round and work my trades accordingly to ensure that I'm able to afford the majority of them, if not all.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Thanks @Connoisseur for that reference...The current BBL|09 version (which I will update in due course) can be found here BBL|09 Useful Information

I assume that you are satisfied @Darkie with the responses provided above...? If you're still not convinced, have a look at all our new members over the past couple of weeks and check up on their historical activities since joining.;)

In all honesty, the level of interest in the BBL here has grown significantly over the years and so has the amount of resources. Though my time has been somewhat diminished nowadays, there are other knowledgeable members such as @Tails and @Pookus McFly who're both equipped to provide approximate estimate on player's price & BE movements. In addition to that, we have @Professor and @Connoisseur who'll keep us all abreast of what's making the twitter sphere! I'm confident that you'll not miss out on much important information if you continue to follow the BBL discussion thread.

I will say one thing though with regards to player's pricing & BE in that it's not as crucial in BBL as it is in AFL. Reason being that you tend to rotate your Premiums in & out based on the fixture and your 'cash cows' don't generally be afford adequate time to fully mature in price. From my experience, these has never been a problem for me. I usually draft up a list of Premiums I want for each of the round and work my trades accordingly to ensure that I'm able to afford the majority of them, if not all.
Do you reckon you could ask @Connoisseur to add an extended version of the screenshots of last years scores on page 9 in the BBl09 Useful information thread. I feel like it could be annoying if I ask every week of one players set of scores in this thread. Keep up the great job.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Do you reckon you could ask @Connoisseur to add an extended version of the screenshots of last years scores on page 9 in the BBl09 Useful information thread. I feel like it could be annoying if I ask every week of one players set of scores in this thread. Keep up the great job.
Hopefully this will get covered once I update the thread with historical BBL data on the main players (see post #276 on this thread as an example).

You (or anyone) can request a player which has not been posted and I'll do my best to collate the data and upload accordingly. I would advise that you wait until I've finished collating last year's data and have posted the relevant player's tables before putting in your request for a player of interest.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I have enjoyed a day off work today to lead into tomorrow’s public holiday, so have started looking through my BBL data* from last year.

Others are focussing on players and DGWs etc, so I have tried to look at more overall trends to be a bit different. I hope it is of some use.

*Note that my data may have errors, as I haven’t double checked it since last year, but hopefully it is near enough! I have rounded averages off to the nearest whole number in the table below.

The first thing I looked at is how points are scored by a team whether a team won or lost. There were four games decided by the Duckworth-Lewis method and one no result, so I separated them out. This table might help when working out which team’s player to field or play a bench or VC loop on after the toss is known.

On average there are more SuperCoach points scored when the team that bats first wins, however, the team that bats second wins more often! So based on last year, get on board players from a team that is favourite when they are batting first. Also, more points seem to be scored in the first innings of a match, so ideally you want your batsmen to bat first, and your bowlers to bowl first.

Game Count = Number of times that result happened
Averages by innings = average batting or fielding SC points each innings
Team Totals = Average SC points for each team per match
Match Totals = Combined Team averages broken down by innings

1572858920131.png

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
The other thing I looked at is how each batting position scored last year.

It clearly showed what we all knew - that batsmen who bat top 3 are the ones to get. However, it appears on average that more players get a chance to bat in the first innings of the match.

This table shows the average batting SC points by batting position. The average is calculated by factoring in a zero if a batsman doesn’t get a bat.

Batted = Number of times that batting position walked to the crease (even if they didn’t face a ball)
DNB = Number of times that batting position did not get a chance to bat.

F7984E3B-61CF-40BC-84C4-083017AEE846.jpeg

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From my record keeping last year I can offer up the following:

1572861631109.png
1572861661582.png
1572861795216.png

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
The final thing that I looked at today is fielding points.

I want to delve a bit deeper into this at another time by looking at splitting scores into innings and win/loss, but that will be for another rainy day.

For now it shows fielding point averages by number of overs bowled.

It is pretty straight forward, the more overs a player bowls, the more points they will score. One thing to note is that on 5 out of the 118 fielding innings last year, the substitute fielder scored points - so be careful when playing loops!

1572861464180.png