Discussion BBL|09 SuperCoach BBL In Game Discussion

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks @Connoisseur for that reference...The current BBL|09 version (which I will update in due course) can be found here BBL|09 Useful Information

I assume that you are satisfied @Darkie with the responses provided above...? If you're still not convinced, have a look at all our new members over the past couple of weeks and check up on their historical activities since joining.;)

In all honesty, the level of interest in the BBL here has grown significantly over the years and so has the amount of resources. Though my time has been somewhat diminished nowadays, there are many other knowledgeable members such as @Tails and @Pookus McFly who're both equipped to provide approximate estimate on player's price & BE movements. In addition to that, we have @Professor and @Connoisseur who'll keep us all abreast of what's making the twitter sphere! I'm confident that you'll not miss out on much important information if you continue to follow the BBL discussion thread.

I will say one thing though with regards to player's pricing & BE in that it's not as crucial in BBL as it is in AFL. Reason being that you tend to rotate your Premiums in & out based on the fixture and your 'cash cows' don't generally be afford adequate time to fully mature in price. From my experience, these has never been a problem for me. I usually draft up a list of Premiums I want for each of the round and work my trades accordingly to ensure that I'm able to afford the majority of them, if not all.
I actually read this whole thread yesterday, so hopefully I’m up to speed for now on that regard. I will likely have some strategy/detail questions but I’ll try to focus these on what appear to be the more important issues once I’ve had a chance to go through the info recently highlighted here.

In terms of rotating premiums, this was basically the strategy I had found my way to as a starting point ... probably passing on the Stoinis and Short types for now, and trying to rotate a group of $150-210k type premiums based on the schedule. I get that a double game week player doesn’t necessarily outscore someone who goes big in a single game, but it’s a bet that I’m fairly happy to take over the course of a season.

How many players would you typically have on field over the course of a season? I’m guessing it’s somewhere around 13?

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
How many players would you typically have on field over the course of a season? I’m guessing it’s somewhere around 13?
I don't quite get your question...could you elaborate further?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't quite get your question...could you elaborate further?
Sorry, I can see how that was confusing!

What I was wondering was: accounting for players who have double game weeks, how many player scores would you typically have contributing on average each round?

For example, 11 players on field plus 2 with a double game week would give 13 scores.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Sorry, I can see how that was confusing!

What I was wondering was: accounting for players who have double game weeks, how many player scores would you typically have contributing on average each round?

For example, 11 players on field plus 2 with a double game week would give 13 scores.
Got it...
  • Obviously, in a round where there's NO team with a DG (Rds2,8,11), then you'll hopefully have 11 scorers for the round.:rolleyes:
  • In a round where you have ONE team with a DG (Rds4,6,7,9,10), ideally you would want 3-4 players from that DG team giving you a total of 14-15 scorers for the round.
  • In a round where you have TWO teams with a DG (Rds5,12,13), ideally you would want 6-8 players form those DG teams giving you a total of 17-19 scorers for the round.
  • In a round where you have THREE teams with a DG (Rds1,3), you could potentially have all 11 DG players for the round hence giving you a possible maximum of 22 scorers for the round.
The number of DG players you chose to end up with in any given round will likely be geared towards the prospective performances of the teams on their DG round. For example, you could go as light as 2 DG players from teams who you perceived as being poor scorers and conversely load up on DG players from teams who have a multitude of high scoring players. With that says, I try to limit myself to a maximum of 4 DG players from any teams regardless of how good they may be travelling at the time.

It's a bit of a balancing act, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it after a few rounds.(y)

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Got it...
  • Obviously, in a round where there's NO team with a DG (Rds2,8,11), then you'll hopefully have 11 scorers for the round.:rolleyes:
  • In a round where you have ONE team with a DG (Rds4,6,7,9,10), ideally you would want 3-4 players from that DG team giving you a total of 14-15 scorers for the round.
  • In a round where you have TWO teams with a DG (Rds5,12,13), ideally you would want 6-8 players form those DG teams giving you a total of 17-19 scorers for the round.
  • In a round where you have THREE teams with a DG (Rds1,3), you could potentially have all 11 DG players for the round hence giving you a possible maximum of 22 scorers for the round.
The number of DG players you chose to end up with in any given round will likely be geared towards the prospective performances of the teams on their DG round. For example, you could go as light as 2 DG players from teams who you perceived as being poor scorers and conversely load up on DG players from teams who have a multitude of high scoring players. With that says, I try to limit myself to a maximum of 4 DG players from any teams regardless of how good they may be travelling at the time.

It's a bit of a balancing act, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it after a few rounds.(y)
Thanks mate, very helpful. I put together a side on the weekend setting aside the fixture, and then started making changes to suit the early DGWs ... maybe I should try the other way around ?

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Thanks mate, very helpful. I put together a side on the weekend setting aside the fixture, and then started making changes to suit the early DGWs ... maybe I should try the other way around ?
With the way the fixture is with Rd1 & Rd3 having 3 teams each on a DG round, you would want to focus your starting team and Rd2/3 trades to maximise the number of DG players across those first 3 rounds. For example, start with any 6ers players you would want to carry for the first 3 rounds as they have 2 out 3 DG rounds. Use your Rd2/3 trades to target Strikers and Scorchers (DG for Rd3) by possibly moving on any Heat players as they have a BYE for Rd3. For your Rd4 trades, you could trade 6ers players (on a bye) for Strikers (on a DG) or Renegades/Stars players in preparation for their DG in Rd5, etc. Try and break your trade plan in several blocks, Rd1-3, Rd4-7, R8-10 & Rd11-13 as an example.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Early days, but how many DG players are people looking at for round 1?
Minimum of 6 and a maximum of 9 as I don’t like to load excessively with DGW thus potentially limiting future trades,etc.

T Curran, J Philippe, J Vince, T Banton and C Morris currently locked in with C Lynn very likely to join them and potentially 1 of U Khawaja/C Green.

SGW players under heavy consideration for RD1 onfield duties consist of Q Ahmed, A Agar M Nabi, S Marsh and A Finch.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
What’s the deal with Doggett and Sydney Thunder this season?

There were articles saying he had signed up with them this season but now he’s not on their team list on the Thunder’s website nor is he able to be selected in SC..

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
First draft for me

Lynn, Vince, Banton, Hales, Morris (White, Sutherland)
Philippe (Carey)
Curran, Cutting, MMarsh, Mujeeb, Prestwidge (Paris, Green)

Jewell the other main rookie who might be worth starting but DGR is far away. Prestwidge probably plays given Pattinson would play tests?