Discussion BBL|09 SuperCoach BBL In Game Discussion

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Finished my first BBL season ranked 439th, on 14,419 points.

I am a big cricket fan, but I think it’s fair to say I wouldn’t have got anywhere near that rank without all the help from those on this site.

A big thank you for all the information posted (including by @Tails and @Professor) and the early strategic advice from people like @Herbie66 and @THCLT (whose Useful Information thread must be close to taking out Understatement of the Year). I’ve also enjoyed the competitions run by @Connoisseur (who was also my ill-fated partner in the Doubles Comp) and @Beg2Differ. Other members of the Leadership Group have provided a helpful sounding board, as well as an occasional casting vote when I’ve been 50-50 on who to select!

For those considering or re-considering whether to join AFL SC, or return for BBL next season, my suggestion would be to simply avoid joining any competitive leagues, and give it a crack. In that scenario you can always pull the pin if you’re not enjoying it or life gets in the way. That was my intention for BBL this year, and I’ve somehow managed to land in the top 1% on my first crack!

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
383 - Stoinis (c)
Total Points = 15,203
Final Rank = 45th

A pretty uneventful and uninspiring round to finish my season, let just say that not a lot of time was invested due to the circumstance.

Ended up 45th for the season which on the surface looks great, but I honestly felt I had a chance of at least a T10 finish this year. The season mapped out pretty much as I had planned with regards to my trading strategy. Just couldn't buy any luck at all for the whole season which ultimately prevented my team from finishing at the pointy end. Took a few risks during the Finals rounds, some worked and most backfired, so I'm relatively surprised that my overall ranking didn't drifted further than it did.

A big thank you to the many contributors who've helped to make this the best ever BBL season here on SCS. We've gone from strength to strength over the past few years and I'm quietly confident that BBL|10 will be even bigger!

Many congrats to those high ranking coaches and/or those coaches who've achieved personal milestones during this edition, be sure to tune in to SCS again next year.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Leading Averages by Position

Short * 85.67
Nabi * 74.33
Curran * 71.50
Morris * 71.47
Sams * 68.47
Stoinis * 64.88
Maxwell * 64.65
Finch 64.56
Wade (WK) 63.22
Head * 60.50

Wade 63.22
Carey 57.91
Inglis 56.57
Banton 54.71
Philippe 52.69

Coleman 102.00
Short 85.67 *
Abbott 85.29
Rauf 74.40
Nabi * 74.33
Curran * 71.50
Morris * 71.47
Sams * 68.47
Rashid Khan 67.20
Stoinis * 64.88

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
The weather is horrible again in Sydney today, it’s been pouring since at least 8:30 and apparently trains are delayed due to flooding.

I reckon we got lucky with the timing of last night’s game - good to see the ultimate victor win it by being the better side on the day.

Thanks to everyone with the insights, recommendation, BE's (Tails your a legend) and enjoying the game together. I made my goal of finishing in the top 1000 coming 938th. Can't wait for next season to go again, hopefully the heat will be semi competitive next year. Thanks

AFL Club
Adelaide
Finished in 108th in my 2nd season of SupercoachBBL. Feel I am closer to top 10 than last season when I did better strangely enough. Have become more level headed and mature as a player and poster due to this site (Like not getting too despondent or carried away, trading in stable SGW players though I will be reverting back to the maximising DGW players strategy next season :LOL:). Another great learning experience. Thanks to everyone for all your wonderful contributions!

AFL Club
Sydney
Been slack with posting in here of late since work started back up.

Ended up 325th which is not what I was aiming for after last season, but considering the 5-6 captaincy choices I got wrong and a couple of bad decisions (trading out Curran in rd3 to create a POD and spectacularly backfiring. Bringing in Qais and stubbornly keeping him all season and bringing in Christian early, fielding him for most matches and then benching for his highest score) it was a decent recovery.

I did do a lot of good things despite these muck ups. Hoping that I can put this season behind me and come back later in the year for a shot at the top 50!

Well done to all who achieved personal bests, and also a massive thanks to those who provided valuable information in the form of squads, team lists, BE’s and other injury/selection news throughout the season, it was very much appreciated.

I also hope I helped a few out with the thread I made in the preseason stage. I didn’t put the time into it that I would’ve liked during the bbl campaign as life got in the way but I’m hoping that I’ll have a bit more time next time round to help again and hopefully unearth a few gems in the cheapie department. Tanveer Sangha could easily be my first pick next season if his development continues the way it has recently.

Onto AFL SC!!!

AFL Club
Melbourne
451 Stoinis C in last round.

288th overall so good result in the end.

Season high of 36 after round 2, but had a poor mid season, blowing out to 2,289 after Rd 7.

A big thanks to all who have contributed to making this the best BBL thread around, by far.

Looking forward to having a bit of a rest until AFL SC gets serious in around a months time.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been slack with posting in here of late since work started back up.

Ended up 325th which is not what I was aiming for after last season, but considering the 5-6 captaincy choices I got wrong and a couple of bad decisions (trading out Curran in rd3 to create a POD and spectacularly backfiring. Bringing in Qais and stubbornly keeping him all season and bringing in Christian early, fielding him for most matches and then benching for his highest score) it was a decent recovery.

I did do a lot of good things despite these muck ups. Hoping that I can put this season behind me and come back later in the year for a shot at the top 50!

Well done to all who achieved personal bests, and also a massive thanks to those who provided valuable information in the form of squads, team lists, BE’s and other injury/selection news throughout the season, it was very much appreciated.

I also hope I helped a few out with the thread I made in the preseason stage. I didn’t put the time into it that I would’ve liked during the bbl campaign as life got in the way but I’m hoping that I’ll have a bit more time next time round to help again and hopefully unearth a few gems in the cheapie department. Tanveer Sangha could easily be my first pick next season if his development continues the way it has recently.

Onto AFL SC!!!
Absolutely. Personally I have found your cricket insight to be very helpful on a range of fronts, including for 50-50 calls on who to trade/play in season, as well as for our PC. Look forward to more if it next pre-season!