Strategy BBL|09: SuperCoach BBL Trades Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
Have :-

RK19
Ellis (could run out of petrol by then)
DC , Sutherland (?)

Happy to bring in 9 + 1 and back my remaining SGR players.

As for Week 10 will depend on prices & BE but looking at :-

Out: 3 Scorchers
In: 2-3 Sixers (TC , Dwarshuis , Philippe seem the obvious ones)

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’m planning on having 7 DG players for each of the last two rounds and I’m happy with that number. By that stage of the season it is likely that aside from our DG players, we will have at least four ‘premium players’ who we want on field too. We may even find that we have to bench one or two of our premiums during each of these rounds as it is.

AFL Club
Richmond
Looks like my trades will be:

Because I don't have any Sixers....
Nair > Curran
Livingston > Dwarshuis
Inglis > Philippe (maybe)

Currently have 2 Strikers (Head + RK), 1 Cane (Boland) with 2 on the pine in Ellis + Milenko, 1 Heat (Laughlin) and 0 Gades (seriously thinking about leaving it that way too)

Round 11 C loop is set with Nevill.

After round 11:
Planning on 1 Striker and 2 Canes (gives me 6 DGR's, or 8 if I play Ellis and Milenko)
Carey and Short are set (maybe another Heat player ABdV?)

After round 12:
2 Heat and maybe 1 Gade (giving me 4 DGR's)

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
STRIKERS
Rashid Khan
Travis Head
Alex Carey
Michaels Nesser
Jake Weatherald

HURRICANES
D'Arcy Short
Matthew Wade
Qais Ahmad

HEAT
AB de Villiers
Chris Lynn
Ben Cutting
Mujeeb Ur Rahman

RENEGADES
Kane Richardson
Aaron Finch
Shaun Marsh
Mohammad Nabi

How many of the above main targets do we currently have and how many can we afford to trade in for their respective DGRs. That should be the focus of your planning post this round.

The pertinent question is NOT necessary how many DDGR players per se, more so, what are the 'quality' of your DDGR players for those last 2 rounds. I'm not saying that we won't see another Manenti from R1 or another Pope from R3, but I wouldn't want to be trying to pick that scenario for the DDGRs and would rather be on the 'premium' blue chips for those rounds.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Looks like my trades will be:

Because I don't have any Sixers....
Nair > Curran
Livingston > Dwarshuis
Inglis > Philippe (maybe)

Currently have 2 Strikers (Head + RK), 1 Cane (Boland) with 2 on the pine in Ellis + Milenko, 1 Heat (Laughlin) and 0 Gades (seriously thinking about leaving it that way too)

Round 11 C loop is set with Nevill.

After round 11:
Planning on 1 Striker and 2 Canes (gives me 6 DGR's, or 8 if I play Ellis and Milenko)
Carey and Short are set (maybe another Heat player ABdV?)

After round 12:
2 Heat and maybe 1 Gade (giving me 4 DGR's)
and for After Round 10 ?

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
STRIKERS
Rashid Khan
Travis Head
Alex Carey
Michaels Nesser
Jake Weatherald

HURRICANES
D'Arcy Short
Matthew Wade
Qais Ahmad

HEAT
AB de Villiers
Chris Lynn
Ben Cutting
Mujeeb Ur Rahman

RENEGADES
Kane Richardson
Aaron Finch
Shaun Marsh
Mohammad Nabi

How many of the above main targets do we currently have and how many can we afford to trade in for their respective DGRs. That should be the focus of your planning post this round.

The pertinent question is NOT necessary how many DDGR players per se, more so, what are the 'quality' of your DDGR players for those last 2 rounds. I'm not saying that we won't see another Manenti from R1 or another Pope from R3, but I wouldn't want to be trying to pick that scenario for the DDGRs and would rather be on the 'premium' blue chips for those rounds.
I have one ?

I’ll be targeting 10 of the above over the remaining rounds.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
I have one ?

I’ll be targeting 10 of the above over the remaining rounds.
Don't worry, you're NOT alone in that camp as 4 of them will not be available until later on and 6 only recently became available, so in theory one would only have a maximum of 6 which have been available all season.

I'll hope to have 4 by the end of this round IF this afternoon's game goes ahead...:unsure:

AFL Club
Collingwood
STRIKERS
Rashid Khan
Travis Head
Alex Carey
Michaels Nesser
Jake Weatherald

HURRICANES
D'Arcy Short
Matthew Wade
Qais Ahmad

HEAT
AB de Villiers
Chris Lynn
Ben Cutting
Mujeeb Ur Rahman

RENEGADES
Kane Richardson
Aaron Finch
Shaun Marsh
Mohammad Nabi

Strikers - have Khan , get Carey + 1
Heat - get 3 (tbc)
Hurricanes - have Ellis , get Short + 1
Renegades - have DC , get Finch & Richo

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
One other thing I want to caution against is any 'knee-jerk' reaction upon reading my opening post as that was not the intent. What's done up to this point is DONE, I just wanted to paint a picture of what's to come so you can all set REALISTIC and ACHIEVABLE goals for your OWN team.

I have no doubt that over the coming rounds, you'll read post from other coaches along the lines of, 'I'm running an 10/10, 9/9, 8/8 split across the DDGRs, etc.'. The way you need to interpret those type of posts is that it didn't just suddenly happen and that those coaches would've planned for this from as far back as R5. They more than likely would've gone in with the 'less than standard' number of DG players for those preceding DGRs in order to be where they are now. The current R9 Scorchers DGR substantiate this fact. Those coaches that chose to go into R9 with 6 or 7 Scorchers will be less likely to have a total of >12 for the DDGRs and vice versa.

There's no RIGHT or WRONG way of going about it, but just have a sense of 'reality check' of your own team's path in getting to this point before you start to over criticise the current state of your team.

Without trying to 'spoon feed' coaches as that's not my style, I've provided more than enough 'hints' through these roundly trade threads so it shouldn't come as a surprise for the majority of you out there. Coaches that knows me would vouch that I have better things to do with my time than post for the sake of posting.

AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’ve got two of that list so far: Neser, Qais. I also have DC on the bench, not sure what I will do with him.

Assuming the game continues to look good I’ll be picking up Cutting with my final trade this week.

I’ve got Curran (if game gets cancelled today he may be traded out) already and am only looking at grabbing one more sixer (Dwarshuis) as I’m not confident in picking their spinners (with Lyon due back against the thunder) and their batters don’t inspire me with confidence. If game one is looking unlikely to go ahead I will bypass Dwarshuis.

I’ll then look to add Khan and one other strikers/heat player. Holding off on Canes/Gades as long as possible.

AFL Club
Sydney
Hi First post here, great source of information thanks to all the contributors.

I can't find if its referenced here but the late mail article quotes Maxwell that Rauf will be rested twice before the finals! iHe has travellled to Perth and named in the 13 but if so its a reluctant trade for me as stars play later in upcoming rounds.