Strategy BBL|09: SuperCoach BBL Trades Discussion

AFL Club
Richmond
As soon as I joined the group the option of groups dissappeared, if I select leagues it now only shows leagues and rivalries, no groups! Have logged in / out, deleted the app (iOS) and even tried on PC still no groups, same happened to me last year in footy. I gotta be missing something major?????
I've had the same problem.

But after the intel, I checked again (after a few days) and it was as it should be....maybe takes a bit of time to update?

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Yep that’s me but I can’t see Groups!
That's strange as I can see it on my phone also.

The fact that you don't even have the 'Group' icon on the app makes me feel that something else may be going on in the background.

Maybe try to shutdown your phone and reboot to see if it fixes the problem.

AFL Club
Richmond
Laughlin > Pattinson should happen this week to take advantage of his 144 for 2 more weeks but it leaves me with only 2 Sixers for their DGR.

Curran and Philippe are locked in. Maybe I'll take a little hit.

AFL Club
Richmond

The fact that you don't even have the 'Group' icon on the app makes me feel that something else may be going on in the background.

It was wierd for me when I added the group, went to the leagues page and there was nothing there, checked if I'd added the group by doing it again and said that I had already added the group but nothing on the site. Pretty much gave up until I asked the question, went and had another look and the group tab was there, don't know how long it took to update but was a little frustrating.

If you look at @Sideshow Bob then it doesn't give his positional ranking. Makes me assume that it takes a little while to update.

AFL Club
Sydney

Thanks, Groups did appear before I joined, I’ve shutdown / deleted and reloaded the app and the same happens on a PC no groups, something similar occurred last season in NRL supercoach for me, after joining a league lost the option to join more, very weird and hard to find someone at supercoach to solve

Edit: just logged out, deleted app, shutdown, reloaded app and logged on, groups now appear, not sure about on PC now I’ll check that tomorrow but I’m in, thanks so much sorry for messing you all around

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks, Groups did appear before I joined, I’ve shutdown / deleted and reloaded the app and the same happens on a PC no groups, something similar occurred last season in NRL supercoach for me, after joining a league lost the option to join more, very weird and hard to find someone at supercoach to solve
It might update at the end of the round, probably a bug, I would try again then. Who knows though.

Congrats on the good ranking.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Two alternatives floating around my head...

Option 1: Lami/Fawad/Inglis to ABD/Henriques/Pope
Option 2: Two of the above plus S Marsh to ABD/Curran/FD (in the latter case, I need to remove Marsh to have 11 players)

That gives me four of THCLT's list in option 2 (Qais, Rashid, Head, ABD) plus Marsh for option 1, and 2/3 Sixers (Philippe being the other).

The more I look at them now I've written them down the more I favour the first, I'm just worried about Curran going berserk and missing out on it...
I think Curran is a must next round

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Another way to view or slant THCLT's excellent opening analysis.
Games to come after Round 9:
5 Games: Ade, Bris, Hob, 6er's
4 Games: Gades, Stars, Perth, Thund.
While maximising the DGR's in the last 2 Rounds looks optimal, what you really want is to optimise the better players over the last 4 Rounds. The more score involvements from your Prems in those last 4 Rounds is the key.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Another way to view or slant THCLT's excellent opening analysis.
Games to come after Round 9:
5 Games: Ade, Bris, Hob, 6er's
4 Games: Gades, Stars, Perth, Thund.
While maximising the DGR's in the last 2 Rounds looks optimal, what you really want is to optimise the better players over the last 4 Rounds. The more score involvements from your Prems in those last 4 Rounds is the key.
Yes it is good to put it like you have because then you realise that say a BRIS player only plays one extra game over a say a MELS player. Arguably say Maxy would score as many points over 4 games as say Cutting over 5.

As you say, a high-end "uber-premium" side that only targets the really key DGR players would do pretty well against a loaded DGR setup that includes several of our "sort-of premiums". I call them tier 1 scorers and tier 2 scorers. I know there is a grey area there but my overall point is like what I think you are saying don't think you can only have ADE, BRI, HOB players from here. If time permits look at the match-ups as well as the DGR schedule because you might find a certain SGR player is very startable across the remaining rounds.

Then the fantasy sports gods will have their say of course ..

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Yes it is good to put it like you have because then you realise that say a BRIS player only plays one extra game over a say a MELS player. Arguably say Maxy would score as many points over 4 games as say Cutting over 5.

As you say, a high-end "uber-premium" side that only targets the really key DGR players would do pretty well against a loaded DGR setup that includes several of our "sort-of premiums". I call them tier 1 scorers and tier 2 scorers. I know there is a grey area there but my overall point is like what I think you are saying don't think you can only have ADE, BRI, HOB players from here. If time permits look at the match-ups as well as the DGR schedule because you might find a certain SGR player is very startable across the remaining rounds.

Then the fantasy sports gods will have their say of course ..
Another great post from obviously a very good thinking coach...

look at the match-ups as well as the DGR schedule

I wanted to highlight the above statement as that's what the really 'astute' coaches do. Having an understanding of team's strengths & weaknesses and combining that to the state of the various venues not only help to guide whether you should go hard at a team for their DGR but also may help with your leans with regards to batsmen or bowlers from the respective teams.

For examples, I would class teams like the Stars & Scorchers to have good AR strengths with little or no weaknesses. With this in mind I would avoid ALL of their middle order players from say a Maxwell or MMarsh down as the majority of points will be accumulated from the batsmen above them, and their bowlers.

Thunder more of a bowling rather than batsmen so only Sams & Morris would be in the reckoning, likewise with the Sixers target bowlers first and foremost.

The remaining FOUR teams are just too hard to nail down at the moment as who'll accumulate the points will change from game to game. These FOUR teams interestingly forms the backbone of the DDGRs so that in itself should provide some mix & challenges when selecting your players. That's a good thing in my book as there's nothing worst than everyone having a generic core of DG players for those last 2 rounds. The combination set for each team will depend on...
  • Who's currently already in your R9 team
  • Who's available to trade in from R10 onwards (noting that the ODI players will not be available prior to R12)
  • Who you can afford
The balance of your SG players for those last 2 rounds will be just as important as your DG players. Personally, I will try to have the bulk of my SG players as bowling AR players to ensure that I avoid a really bad score which a pure BAT is prone to put up regardless of how good they are. LYNN is firmly entrenched on my BAT bench for R11 if you're wanting confirmation...(y)

AFL Club
Sydney
Following on from above post. Mujeeb has the renegades and 6’ers in 3/5 matches. Given their inability to play spinners, he’s near the top of my list for the heat.

Means I probably have to scramble for cash to get de Villiers and Lynn though.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Following on from above post. Mujeeb has the renegades and 6’ers in 3/5 matches. Given their inability to play spinners, he’s near the top of my list for the heat.

Means I probably have to scramble for cash to get de Villiers and Lynn though.
De Villiers being just a pure bat is the one I reckon could be skipped by coaches IF funds were tight AND there was an appetite to take a risk. He's very expensive. No way he goes off every single game from here. So which ones will he do it in? Who knows but let's say he averages 70 across all games then I'd back in a bowler to match that.

We know how much harder it is for a bat to make 100 v a bowler. He only needs to fail in one of the DGR games to become not a factor. I know it is a risk but it is something to think about.

I reckon you make a great point about Mujeeb and just in that X v Y I'd definitely go Mujeeb first.

AFL Club
Collingwood
De Villiers being just a pure bat is the one I reckon could be skipped by coaches IF funds were tight AND there was an appetite to take a risk. He's very expensive. No way he goes off every single game from here. So which ones will he do it in? Who knows but let's say he averages 70 across all games then I'd back in a bowler to match that.

We know how much harder it is for a bat to make 100 v a bowler. He only needs to fail in one of the DGR games to become not a factor. I know it is a risk but it is something to think about.

I reckon you make a great point about Mujeeb and just in that X v Y I'd definitely go Mujeeb first.
Can I get your list of bowlers that are going to average 70+.

If they are from Adelaide , Brisbane , Hobart or the Renegades I wouldn't be seeing too many outside of RK19 & Richo getting even remotely close.

Not including Short as a bowler.

Can I get your list of bowlers that are going to average 70+.

If they are from Adelaide , Brisbane , Hobart or the Renegades I wouldn't be see too many outside of RK19 & Richo getting even close.

Not including Short as a bowler.
True but you could have the likes of Neser, Siddle, Ahmad, Mujeeb and Pattinson hover at around 40-60 but at a considerably cheaper price.