Discussion BBL|09 SuperCoach BBL In Game Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
My bad, read the month wrong for the T/20’s in South Africa. Thought they started in late January immediately after the India ODI’s.
all good , for a minute I thought the Bangladesh tour was back on ?

AFL Club
Collingwood
England tour of South Africa 2019/20

Tue 17 - Wed 18 Dec: Two-day Tour Match - Willowmoore Park, Benoni

Mon 20 - Wed 22 Dec: v South Africa ‘A’ - Willowmoore Park, Benoni

Thu 26 - Mon 30 Dec: 1st Test v South Africa - SuperSport Park, Centurion

Fri 3 - Tue 7 Jan: 2nd Test v South Africa - PPC Newlands, Cape Town

Thu 16 - Mon 20 Jan: 3rd Test v South Africa - St George's Park, Port Elizabeth

Fri 24 - Tue 28 Jan: 4th Test v South Africa - Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Fri 31 Jan: One-day warm-up - Eurolux Boland Park, Paarl

Sat 1 Feb: One-day warm-up - Eurolux Boland Park, Paarl

Tue 4 Feb: 1st ODI v South Africa - PPC Newlands, Cape Town

Fri 7 Feb: 2nd ODI v South Africa - Kingsmead Cricket Ground, Durban

Sun 9 Feb: 3rd ODI v South Africa - Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
Wed 12 Feb: 1st T20I v South Africa - Buffalo Park, East London

Fri 14 Feb: 2nd T20I v South Africa - Kingsmead Cricket Ground, Durban

Sun 16 Feb: 3rd T20I v South Africa - SuperSport Park, Centurion

AFL Club
Collingwood
Adelaide Strikers

Squad: Wes Agar, Alex Carey, Travis Head, Rashid Khan (AFG), Ben Laughlin, Jake Lehmann, Michael Neser, Liam O'Connor, Matt Short, Peter Siddle, Billy Stanlake, Cameron Valente, Jake Weatherald, Jon Wells, Cameron White, Nick Winter

In: Cameron White (Renegades)

Out: Colin Ingram

Unsigned from BBL|08: David Grant, Michael Cormack

Roster spots to fill: Two

Internationals signed: One

There has been minimal player changes at the Strikers so far this off-season, with the departure of South African batsman Colin Ingram effectively o***et by the recruitment of veteran Cameron White from the Renegades. With only two spots left to fill, the main focus now will be on who the Strikers sign as their second international player, with a top-quality batsman their most likely target.
Harry Nielsen has signed , makes 17

Salt makes 18

Squad complete

AFL Club
Collingwood
Kurtis Patterson has signed a 3 year deal with the Perth Scorchers.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Not a very inspiring squad ... seems to me to be the SA trend in most sports these days ...
They actually should be better than last season as I doubt Siddle & Stanlake will go to India for the ODI's.

Laughlin , Neser , Rashid Khan , Siddle , Stanlake is probably as good as any attack.

Head will be back after the Boxing Day & New Year's Test so will be a massive bonus.

Will lose Carey for the ODI's.

4, 5 & 6 will remain their problem if the top 3 fail.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They actually should be better than last season as I doubt Siddle & Stanlake will go to India for the ODI's.

Laughlin , Neser , Rashid Khan , Siddle , Stanlake is probably as good as any attack.

Head will be back after the Boxing Day & New Year's Test so will be a massive bonus.

Will lose Carey for the ODI's.

4, 5 & 6 will remain their problem if the top 3 fail.
Not overly concerned by the bowling line up ...

AFL Club
Collingwood
Not overly concerned by the bowling line up ...
Hopefully Carey & Weatherald have spent a few months together working out how to run between the wickets.

Head will (should) be stronger than Ingram.

Not sure where Bear fits in , best days are passed him anyway so leaves Baby Boof , Short & Wells.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hopefully Carey & Weatherald have spent a few months together working out how to run between the wickets.

Head will (should) be stronger than Ingram.

Not sure where Bear fits in , best days are passed him anyway so leaves Baby Boof , Short & Wells.
And there in highlights my concerns ... batting line up 1 - 6 inspires no confidence ...

AFL Club
Collingwood
And there in highlights my concerns ... batting line up 1 - 6 inspires no confidence ...
fair enough , I don't mind 1-3 tbh.

The bowling attack might restrict the opposition to 135-160 so they only need 1 or 2 of their batsmen to come off.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
fair enough , I don't mind 1-3 tbh.

The bowling attack might restrict the opposition to 135-160 so they only need 1 or 2 of their batsmen to come off.
All I will say is that if I was an opposition coach that I'd seriosuly target their top 5 supposed batsman as I don't reckon they'll have much left in the tank once we've got them ... and I'm born and bred SA FWIW ...

AFL Club
Collingwood
All I will say is that if I was an an opposition coach that I'd seriosuly target their top 5 supposed batsman as I don't reckon they'll have much left in the tank once we've got them ...
don't disagree with that at all , if a team is relying on 7-11 to make runs regularly in a T20 game they have definite issues.

Have read that in the IPL some 9-11 don't even have a bat in their kit bags.

AFL Club
Collingwood
in case anyone doubted it :) that looks pretty conclusive

Salt WEB.jpg

Powerhouse Sussex and England batsman Phil Salt has joined the Adelaide Strikers ahead of KFC BBL|09, completing the squad for the new season.

Salt, 23, has been a key part of the Sussex Sharks’ last two Vitality Blast campaigns, blazing 355 runs at a strike rate of 172 on the way to last year’s final.

The right-hander has also made 406 runs with four half-centuries in this season’s competition, including 72 off 40 balls in the Sharks’ quarter-final against the Worcestershire Rapids on Friday following a maiden call-up to England’s T20 squad against Pakistan in May.

Renowned for his aggression at the top of the order and sharpness in the field, Salt is the Strikers’ second international alongside Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan, who also plays at Sussex.

“We are incredibly excited to have signed Phil who has showed real signs of promise and has performed well for the Sharks in the Blast,” Sussex and Strikers Head Coach Gillespie said.

“He’s beyond excited to get started, obviously we have (Alex) Carey over here in England and Phil has been chatting to him non-stop about how it’s going to work, when he can come out to Adelaide and meet everyone and get stuck in.”

Salt spent some time in 2018 with Premier Cricket club Adelaide University and through the Darren Lehmann Academy, and he said that is was an easy decision for him to return to the city in Strikers blue.

“I had a stint in Adelaide playing for Adelaide University and loved it, I made some really good friends who I’m looking forward to seeing again,” he said.

“I love working with Dizz (coach Gillespie), Rash and Alex, it’s so key when you’re trying to build a great environment to have guys who you know are going to put 100% in at all times and give everything they’ve got to the cause. I’ve worked really well with Dizz over the course of my career so far and hope that we can be even more successful here at the Strikers.

“The squad that we have is more than good enough to challenge for the title; we’ve got some great players who have plenty about them, not only cricket-wise but in character also and that’s so important in a team.”

Salt joins experienced Cameron White and wicketkeeper-batsman Harry Nielsen as the Strikers’ new recruits for BBL|09, leaving Gillespie optimistic about his new batting stocks.

“After some inconsistency last year we have bolstered our squad with the signing of Phil and we know also that recruiting Cam White with all of his experience can only be a massive positive and I’m certainly looking forward to working with him and learning from him, “ Gillespie said.

“Someone of Harry’s quality is just brilliant, and the way he played against Perth showed us all what a skilful young player he is.

“He’s a great lad and great addition to the dressing room and I know he’ll do a job for us.”

The Strikers begin their season away to the Sydney Thunder on Saturday, 21 December.

Adelaide Strikers BBL|09 squad: Wes Agar, Alex Carey, Travis Head, Rashid Khan (OS), Ben Laughlin, Jake Lehmann, Michael Neser, Harry Nielsen, Liam O'Connor, Phil Salt (OS), Matt Short, Peter Siddle, Billy Stanlake, Cameron Valente, Jake Weatherald, Jon Wells, Cameron White, Nick Winter

In: Phil Salt, Cameron White, Harry Nielsen
Out: Colin Ingram, David Grant, Michael Cormack

Source: Adelaide Strikers website