Should we do single rounds?

• YES

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • NO

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Carlton
Connoisseur's Doubles comp is one of my favourite parts of the BBL SC season, but this year he can't run it. So I thought I'd have a go!

Previous season threads:
BBL|10
BBL|09

For those who haven't played before, the basic premise is you get randomly matched up with another player who joins the Doubles group on SC (I'll set this up when I see what the interest level is like) and your point tallies are combined and ranked against other teams.

We've had two different scoring systems so far - which one we go with will likely depend on numbers, but feel free to state a preference:
Head to Head: each team is drawn against a different team every week, and scores points for win/loss/draw, as per SC leagues. Last 2-3 rounds would be left for finals.
Free For All: every team's score is ranked in order and given a score from 1 to the amount of teams in the game. So if there are 15 teams the highest scoring team would get 15 points. These points are tallied over the course of the season, again with 2-3 rounds of finals at the end.

I'll give it at least through the weekend to see if we can get the numbers for a decent comp - probably need at least 10 teams to make it interesting. Hopefully previous participants can attest to how enjoyable it is to have something else to play for than a baggy green trackie (really, what were they thinking?).

TO JOIN BBL DOUBLES COMP:
1. Join GROUP 519761
https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/bbl/classic/#/?action=join-group&code=519761
2. Post in here with your team name.

Entries close this Wednesday.

AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks for taking it on, I'll definitely join in. Fwiw only played last year and liked the format except maybe the reverse round.
Hah, yeah, despite me and Tails getting all the benefit from that, that one won't be coming back. I'm thinking more like, if one round was the singles, another round might be the reverse singles, where the other partner has to go it alone instead.