Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Carlton
Sorry for not getting this out last night - yesterday was a long day!

Round 8 Results:
rd8.JPG
Highest individual score: @Bomber18 - 1084
Lowest individual score: @nateful - 475
Most consistent team: Just five points between @Herbie66 and @Creeker
Average (mean) across all players: 765

Points Table:
table.JPG
All it takes is one round! Look how much closer things are at the top now!

A reminder if we have ties to break we'll use the same method as last year, which is the overall points accumulated by the pair of coaches over the season. This was decided by four points the last time it was invoked, let's hope it's not that close again!

Double points can be claimed until the game on Friday night.

AFL Club
Carlton
Round 9 Results:
rd9.JPG

Highest individual score: @Jim's Dim Sims - 841
Lowest individual score: @Creeker - 397
Most consistent team: 7 points between @jaca and @Ironhawk
Average (mean) across all players: 635

Points Table:
table.JPG

We are down to a race in ten! The only teams that can supplant a team currently in the top 8 are @Tamuhawk / @Tex and @Rowsus / @Connoisseur .

On the other side of the equation, several top 8 teams can be the one (or two) supplanted - given Tamuhawk and Tex are on 145, the safe score to progress to the finals at this moment is 168. Astonishingly, only one team - @Beg2Differ and myself - are above this mark at the moment! @Diabolical and @Darkie would go to a tiebreaker in the worst possible case, but given one of them is in the current top ten overall, I think they'll probably survive too. Everyone else needs a big round to secure their place!

A reminder that the finals will be straight knockout quarter-semi-final across rounds 11-13. So all you need is a spot in the top 8 and you're live all the way through - just ask the first winners of this comp!

Good luck in the final preliminary round :)

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Overall Standings:
View attachment 37688 View attachment 37689 View attachment 37690 View attachment 37691 View attachment 37692
1 in the top ten!
7 in the top 100.
21 in the top 500.
26 in the top 1000.
33 in the top 2000.
42 in the top 5000.
45 in the top 7500.
Has to be one of the strongest doubles competitions I’ve been a part of. Congrats everyone. It has been way too hard to make up ground. As an example me and my partner have been top 1000 for the round and haven’t cracked the top 5. We’ll double our score this round

AFL Club
Carlton
Has to be one of the strongest doubles competitions I’ve been a part of. Congrats everyone. It has been way too hard to make up ground. As an example me and my partner have been top 1000 for the round and haven’t cracked the top 5. We’ll double our score this round
I've tried to come up with a few metrics to see how this season has compared to the others the competition has run. Using the top 500 as a good metric for top-end scores:
This year: 21/46
Last year: best I could find was 16/44
Two years ago: best I could find was 12/26

So on that score probably at least equal or better.

But the other interesting metric is how strongly the competition is being propped up from the lower end. Leaving aside our rookie this year, the lowest ranking in our comp is 6110 across 45 players! So I've looked at that as well, removing a maximum of one outlier:
This year: 6110 (45/46)
Last year: 11690 (43/44)
Two years ago: 3169 (25/26)

So I'd probably put it in the middle of the three years the comp's been running. It definitely feels stronger than that though, and I wonder how much of that is because of the carnage that's been dealt to us consistently throughout this season. I feel like on balance our coaches have done a pretty sterling job at navigating what's been a very compromised season.

AFL Club
Brisbane
I've tried to come up with a few metrics to see how this season has compared to the others the competition has run. Using the top 500 as a good metric for top-end scores:
This year: 21/46
Last year: best I could find was 16/44
Two years ago: best I could find was 12/26

So on that score probably at least equal or better.

But the other interesting metric is how strongly the competition is being propped up from the lower end. Leaving aside our rookie this year, the lowest ranking in our comp is 6110 across 45 players! So I've looked at that as well, removing a maximum of one outlier:
This year: 6110 (45/46)
Last year: 11690 (43/44)
Two years ago: 3169 (25/26)

So I'd probably put it in the middle of the three years the comp's been running. It definitely feels stronger than that though, and I wonder how much of that is because of the carnage that's been dealt to us consistently throughout this season. I feel like on balance our coaches have done a pretty sterling job at navigating what's been a very compromised season.
Great analysis. Did you also consider the amount of participants in SC overall.
I would guess that this year is better because there are more coaches overall than the previous years - but just a guess