Should we do single rounds?

• YES

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • NO

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Carlton
Right, this round was a bit of a madness. Let's get into it!

Round 10 Results:
rd10.JPG
Highest individual score: @Woosie - 1530
Lowest individual score: @American Doggie - 216
Most consistent team: Two winners here actually! @Diabolical and @Darkie, as well as @Pubnation and @Foxy's Fe-Lions, split by just five points each
Average (mean) across all players: 1259
Average (median) across all players: 1311
The median probably a bit more representative this week.

Final Points Table:
table.JPG
I've included last week's rank so you can see just how crazy things got at the end there. No team actually entered the top 8 from outside, but within the top 8 only one team stayed in place! And then only because of a tiebreaker (we'll get to this).

I have doubled everyone who didn't take a double earlier in the season - including @Young gun and @The Banker, where the latter didn't confirm last round and managed an even better result this round, however whichever double they got would have made no difference to their final position. Three of the five teams in this position actually got either their best or second best result doubled in the end anyway!

Now, as you can see third place is on equal points, so the tiebreaker of total SC points scored was activated. The results were:
@Diabolical 9191 + @Darkie 8245 = 17436
@7/11 8721 + @Woosie 8762 = 17483

By a mere 47 points, the consistent pairing of @7/11 and @Woosie snatch third place. This is obviously the reason I've been banging on about consistent teams all season and has nothing to do with the absolute monster score Woosie put up this round!

So with that, we have our eight finalists! The quarter final draw is as follows:
@Deeman1 (43) and @Chumpion (194) / @tso (494) and @BarkingGhecko (35)
@Beg2Differ (119) and @mike89 (87) / @Pubnation (256) and @Foxy's Fe-Lions (280)
@7/11 (111) and @Woosie (90) / @Bomber18 (60) and @KLo30 (889)
@Diabolical (10) and @Darkie (747) / @Ben's Beasts (460) and @All is Wells (56)

Ranks included alongside each coach to make the point that astonishingly, seven of eight finalists have a top 100 coach in their ranks. And the only one that doesn't, they're both running consistently in the 200s!

Just three good rounds to the title from here! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
Great work @mike89, thanks for running the competition!

@Chumpion great last round and you know what they say about the cream ;)

Dare I say it, but we played our double too soon :p

Good luck to all the finalists (not to much to you @tso and @BarkingGhecko).
Same to you!! Great round.. and season so far!! Lucky the premature doubling didn't hurt our final standing!

We're definitely hitting finals in good form! Hopefully we can keep riding that wave and not do a Geelong like finals performance. Or a bombers one for that matter..

Thanks @mike89 and good luck all!

AFL Club
Carlton
Quarter final results are in!
qf.JPG
Just playing around with what I think might be useful information. Nothing too fancy here. @tso very stiff to miss out on knocking off the top seed with the highest score of the 16 coaches remaining.

Highest score overall in the group was @Connoisseur, who was 8th overall in SC this round!

ELIMINATED:
@tso and @BarkingGhecko (8th)
Reigning champions @Ben's Beasts and @All is Wells (7th)
@7/11 and @Woosie (6th)
@Beg2Differ and @mike89 (5th)

Worth noting here that 3rd seed was a poisoned chalice - winning the tiebreaker did 7/11 and Woosie no favours!

Semi final matchups will be:
@Deeman1 (52) and @Chumpion (85) / @Pubnation (132) and @Foxy's Fe-Lions (232)
@Diabolical (5) and @Darkie (718) / @Bomber18 (53) and @KLo30 (670)

Best of luck to the remaining teams!

Last edited:
AFL Club
Brisbane
View attachment 38110
Just playing around with what I think might be useful information. Nothing too fancy here. @tso very stiff to miss out on knocking off the top seed with the highest score of the 16 coaches remaining.

Highest score overall in the group was @Connoisseur, who was 8th overall in SC this round!

ELIMINATED:
@7/11 and @Woosie (6th)

Worth noting here that 3rd seed was a poisoned chalice - winning the tiebreaker did 7/11 and Woosie no favours!

Good fun. Good luck to all left.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
View attachment 38110

ELIMINATED:
@7/11 and @Woosie (6th)

I just saw this for some reason - good luck @Bomber18 and @KLo30!

AFL Club
Carlton
Semi Final Results:
sf.JPG
Clear to see why you're all in the semi finals and I'm not - 8/8 Short captains!

Great work everyone, with @Deeman1 and @Chumpion moving into the final to face @Diabolical and @Darkie - with the last former champion now eliminated!

ELIMINATED:
@Pubnation and @Foxy's Fe-Lions - 4th
@Bomber18 and @KLo30 - 3rd

Top score in the whole group went to @bunlit who just pipped Deeman1 above to a score of 1436 - huge!

Grand Final takes place over the next three days - good luck!

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Semi Final Results:
View attachment 38290
Clear to see why you're all in the semi finals and I'm not - 8/8 Short captains!

Great work everyone, with @Deeman1 and @Chumpion moving into the final to face @Diabolical and @Darkie - with the last former champion now eliminated!

ELIMINATED:
@Pubnation and @Foxy's Fe-Lions - 4th
@Bomber18 and @KLo30 - 3rd

Top score in the whole group went to @bunlit who just pipped Deeman1 above to a score of 1436 - huge!

Grand Final takes place over the next three days - good luck!
Good luck @Deeman1 and @Chumpion!

This gives @Diabolical another incentive to finish the year strong - not that he needed it! 😋

AFL Club
Brisbane
Well done @Deeman1 & @Chumpion - too good! Good luck in the final!

@Pubnation, sorry we couldn’t quite get over the line but it’s been a good team effort to get this far - though a few of my more recent trade decisions haven’t helped our cause 🤣

@mike89 thanks heaps for running this competition! Your efforts in running this competition are very much appreciated and it’s been a heap a fun.

AFL Club
Essendon
Good luck @Deeman1 and @Chumpion!

This gives @Diabolical another incentive to finish the year strong - not that he needed it! 😋
Well done @Deeman1 & @Chumpion - too good! Good luck in the final!

@Pubnation, sorry we couldn’t quite get over the line but it’s been a good team effort to get this far - though a few of my more recent trade decisions haven’t helped our cause 🤣

@mike89 thanks heaps for running this competition! Your efforts in running this competition are very much appreciated and it’s been a heap a fun.
Thanks both - great effort for making it this far!!

@Deeman1 ripper score from you (to go along with a ripper season you're having!). Hopefully we can bring it home this week!

AFL Club
Essendon
@Diabolical and @Darkie good luck for the final, sorry I was out a the tennis all day yesterday so missed the lead-up.

@Chumpion well done on the great week last round.

I'm afraid based on what I know so far the heights of last week will not be reached again.

2 failed trade-ins so far, has me right of the pace unfortunately :confused:
I feel like most are in a similar boat given how the 6ers game unfolded! Hopefully it'll all come together at the right moment and we'll scrap in..

AFL Club
Carlton
Right well I could try and build the suspense but I think we're all coming down off @Diabolical 's incredible overall win. However even more prestigiously he's taken out the doubles comp too!

Grand Final Results:
final.JPG
Diabolical's "throw at the stumps" was huge in the end, dodging a lot of the Sixers dud scores to land on an incredible 1346, also the top score in the group for the round. @Darkie , amazingly, put up the second top score in the group to make a huge rankings leap to 228!

Commiserations to @Deeman1 and @Chumpion , who both also had superb seasons ending at 14 and 79, beaten only by an inspired gamble in the end.

Congratulations to our new champions, whose reward is to be joined at the hip once again next season!