Discussion BBL|12: Planning Thread

Which of the more expensive players on a double do you have for round 1?

• M Short

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • R Khan

Votes: 68 98.6%
  • Boult

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Sams

Votes: 66 95.7%
  • J Sangha

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Thornton

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Clarke

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • Siddle

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Sandhu

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Doggett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Collingwood
AS - de Grandhomme , Hose , Rashid Khan

BH - Billings , Munro , Whiteley

HH - Asif Ali , Faheem Ashraf , Shadab Khan

MR - Hosein, Livingstone , Mujeeb

MS - Boult , Clarke , Luke Wood

PS - Evans , Mills , Salt

SS - Jordan , Izharulhaq Naveed , Vince

ST - Hales , Rossouw , Willey

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hope SC tier the international selections prices based on their round picked. Would be a much better way than what they have been doing.
If your not $ 175k , we will make you $ 125k , regardless of whether you have made any impact internationally or domestically.

Some if you have played before we might use your previous average , but only if we want too and we won't bother explaining the pricing system to anyone that asks 😀

AFL Club
Collingwood
Tymal Mills 👏

Very happy with the scorchers 3 picks
This one I find a bit weird (unless they think Jhye is in the Test Squad) , have Hardie & Kelly on the sidelines already with Behrendorff , Jhye & Tye.

Although I did think they were going to go Willey.

Keen to keep Evans but let Munro go.

AFL Club
Sydney
If your not $ 175k , we will make you $ 125k , regardless of whether you have made any impact internationally or domestically.

Some if you have played before we might use your previous average , but only if we want too and we won't bother explaining the pricing system to anyone that asks 😀
I’m very interested in Luke Wood. If he is sub 100k (wishful thinking I know) I will be all over it.

Have to keep our eyes on how clubs are going to use these players during the trials I guess!

AFL Club
Geelong
Fairly average pool of players really, understand why its been structured the way it was but not sure it was the best method for the tournament by way of having the best quality of players playing possible when guys like Russell,Pollard,Faf,Curran,Roy etc are ending up not in the tournament.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m very interested in Luke Wood. If he is sub 100k (wishful thinking I know) I will be all over it.

Have to keep our eyes on how clubs are going to use these players during the trials I guess!
Was quickly on Big Bash Board for Hose , Whiteley & Wood.

Certainly need a few cheapies for our starting teams to fit everyone else in.

Can see Boult being $ 175k minimum (reading he has still made himself available for Test cricket) , de Grandhomme could be interesting (if released).

Won't be going near Roussow (although has been in great recent form) , will need to look up Willey's previous performances.

AFL Club
Geelong
Was quickly on Big Bash Board for Hose , Whiteley & Wood.

Certainly need a few cheapies for our starting teams to fit everyone else in.

Can see Boult being $ 175k minimum (reading he has still made himself available for Test cricket) , de Grandhomme could be interesting (if released).

Won't be going near Roussow (although has been in great recent form) , will need to look up Willey's previous performances.
Lot of guys drafted who have only really played in England or the sub continent of late, can't say I'm in a huge hurry to pick majority of those guys, lot of guys you'd want to wait and see perform in Australian conditions I think.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Lot of guys drafted who have only really played in England or the sub continent of late, can't say I'm in a huge hurry to pick majority of those guys, lot of guys you'd want to wait and see perform in Australian conditions I think.
Looks like :-

12 played BBL11
3 (Rossouw , Salt , Willey) previously

9 newbies

Afghanistan - Naveed
England - Hose , Whiteley , Wood
Pakistan - Asif , Faheem
New Zealand - Boult , de Grandhomme
West Indies - Hosein

Boult will be extremely popular

If the fixture stays as is probably be only looking at AS , MS & ST to start with and try and fit a few PS on the bench (with the aim of bringing in Bison & Jhye Round 2)

Pretty ordinary though that 5 out of the 12 platinum players don't get drafted at all

Last edited:
AFL Club
Brisbane
Looks like :-

12 played BBL11
3 (Rossouw , Salt , Willey) before

9 newbies

Afghanistan - Naveed
England - Hose , Whiteley , Wood
Pakistan - Asif , Faheem
New Zealand - Boult , de Grandhomme
West Indies - Hosein

Boult will be extremely popular

If the fixture stays as is probably be only looking at AS , MS & ST to start with and try and fit a few PS on the bench (with the aim of bringing in Bison & Jhye Round 2)

Pretty ordinary though that 5 out of the 12 platinum players don't get drafted at all
I'm liking those newbies :love:

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm liking those newbies :love:
CDG hasn't played since the 1st Test v England , any injury updates ? , has a contract so be very surprised if NZC even release him to play , wasn't even in the final list of players that nominated for the draft.

Boult will be a lock.

Punter might be onto something drafting 3 Pakis.

I know next to nothing about the 3 England players or the Afghan kid , plenty of time to research though

AFL Club
Collingwood
Stars have a interesting 5 minute video on their website "Road to the Draft" (Part 1 of 4) , insights into list management meetings with the GM , Hussey , McKay & Rohrer

AFL Club
Collingwood
Naveed was signed by St Kitts & Nevis Patriots for the upcoming CPL , was a net bowler for RCB in the IPL this year

AFL Club
Collingwood
Fairly average pool of players really, understand why its been structured the way it was but not sure it was the best method for the tournament by way of having the best quality of players playing possible when guys like Russell,Pollard,Faf,Curran,Roy etc are ending up not in the tournament.
And guys like Bairstow , Buttler , Malan , Moeen Ali , Stokes etc don't even nominate in the first place.

AFL Club
Geelong
And guys like Bairstow , Buttler , Malan , Moeen Ali , Stokes etc don't even nominate in the first place.
Open mind to External/Sponsor based financial backing and a shorter tournament and you'd get triple the quality of tournament, why CA seem so stubborn to do it all themselves is a bit beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.