Discussion BBL Big Bash SuperCoach Discussion

AFL Club
Sydney
Thanks Mate I will try get a updated team post closer to season opener

Don't think Head gets picked for Aus, but even if he doesn't get picked in first two matches chance if batsman have failed he could come in for boxing day test.

I think Labuschagne suits that line up added a 6th bowler cause Cutting doesn't really seem to get 4 overs any more. Bryant/Doggett could easy come in.

Jewell seems to be doing really well and they needed another batsman and its either him or Paine (Aus duty) or Doran Yuk.

Gades will sign someone to open could even sign 2 players if Harris & Finch stay in the Aus team. maybe Doolan?

Thinking Richardson in for Qadir

Yeah 6ers need players that's prob the best they could come up with atm.

Sangha is highly rated young gun so him over Lenton id say.
Think Head will still make it in the Aussie team, though Handscomb is certainly putting the pressure on.

I can't see how Labuschagne can fit in the Heat side - and I'd also question Ross who you have listed in the team prediction. I feel like Heazlett and Bryant are both ahead of them. (Heazlett no doubt). It's probably the hardest team to pick though. Mujeeb, Steketee, Pattinson and Cutting are probably certainties - but Cutting won't bat higher than 7 (if Peirson 6). And Doggett will probably get picked too. So it's mighty hard to fit all those bats into 5 spot, will be interesting to see how they go.

With Botha playing for Canes it wouldn't shock me to see them take Rogers over Rose. Toss up though. Ditto Doran/Jewell

I know Worrall has been bowling the house down in Shield but I suspect Stars will leave him out in favour of Coleman/Beer. Or even both, and lose Dean (open with Dunk/Maddinson), Gotch to 6.

No chance Abbott bats above Dwarshuis or Nevill (or possibly even SOK?) but overall agree. May see Fallins ahead of Pope. Love his quicker ball.

Hoping this is the year the Thunder finally realise Patterson is costing them games as an opener. They've deadset got rocks in their head if they don't go 1 Watson 2 Buttler 3 Root. Trlly bizarre stuff. Agree Jay Lenton's batting is good enough to take a spot if Buttler is keeping.

AFL Club
Collingwood

Don't think Head gets picked for Aus, but even if he doesn't get picked in first two matches chance if batsman have failed he could come in for boxing day test.

I think Labuschagne suits that line up added a 6th bowler cause Cutting doesn't really seem to get 4 overs any more. Bryant/Doggett could easy come in.

Jewell seems to be doing really well and they needed another batsman and its either him or Paine (Aus duty) or Doran Yuk.

Gades will sign someone to open could even sign 2 players if Harris & Finch stay in the Aus team. maybe Doolan?

Hi mate

Great insights into the sides , be interesting to see how the final XI pays out.

Be curious to see what happens to the Batsmen after the first 2 Tests and if they will get released before the Melbourne test.

Also how it affects other sides and which replacements they sign.

Archer could throw a huge spanner into the Canes fortunes.

Have you heard anything about the Sixers second OS player , surely the later and later they delay it they must be waiting on Stokes hearing.

Looking forward to following your progress this season , sure have an amazing record , I think you are heading for another 2nd placing though (because I am winning the comp this time...... hahaha)

Look forward to seeing your updated team XI's once squads have been finalised.

Cheers and good luck.

AFL Club
Carlton
Two weeks to go, first bash, no thought and not happy.

Lynn, A. Agar, Willey, McCullum, Klinger, (Henriques, Sangha)

Pierson, (Philippe)

Short, Bravo, Khan, Laughlin, Pattinson, (Rainbird, Parkinson)

$ 8,200

AFL Club
Collingwood

Pierson, (Philippe)

$ 8,200
Rainbird & Parkinson to loop Lynn ?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Pierson, (Philippe)

$ 8,200
An option could be to trade Short to Ur Rahman freeing up approximately 160,000 allowing Rainbird to be traded to Coulter-Nile as well as Pierson being traded to Buttler and Bravo switching with Henriques pushing Klinger to the bench and bringing Coulter Nile on. Also Klinger could be traded to Ludeman allowing Parkinson to be traded to S Lamichhane.

Apart from that I really like the rest of your selections.

AFL Club
Carlton
An option could be to trade Short to Ur Rahman freeing up approximately 160,000 allowing Rainbird to be traded to Coulter-Nile as well as Pierson being traded to Buttler and Bravo switching with Henriques pushing Klinger to the bench and bringing Coulter Nile on. Also Klinger could be traded to Ludeman allowing Parkinson to be traded to S Lamichhane.

Apart from that I really like the rest of your selections.
I think I want Klinger for the first round DGG, have played around the edges with the bench now being Ferguson, Sangha, Philippe, Bird and Edwards. NCN and Ur Rahman worth a look.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Finally!

Now, is he a must have??
depends , which brother is he ? hahaha

I think he is the one who had Warner out for 99 but was called for a no-ball.

2 Tests , 11 ODI , 7 T20

should be reasonably priced

still no word about Archer so at least we can plan for Short & Denly to bring in for Round 3.

bit of a anti-climax to be honest , honestly thought it was going to be Stokes :-(

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good to know. I was hoping the Sixers final OS signing wasn't a must have. Provided Archer plays the BBL and the rest of my team are named round 1, I am ready to go.

Team hasn't changed in roughly two weeks.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Curran played 5 games for the KKR in 2018.

23 Runs @ 7.67 , SR 82.14

Took 6 Wkts @ 19.67 , ER 11.61

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Curran probably puts Mickey Edwards out of the round 1 side now doesn't he?

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sixers XI should be something like Hughes, Denly, Henriques, Phillipe, J Edwards, Nevill, Abbott, Dwarshius, Curran, O'Keefe, Pope I reckon.

AFL Club
Sydney
I think they'll be working hard to get Mickey into the XI. He's such a good T20 bowler, so much height. Might play instead of one of the spinners?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Sixers XI should be something like Hughes, Denly, Henriques, Phillipe, J Edwards, Nevill, Abbott, Dwarshius, Curran, O'Keefe, Pope I reckon.
They still have 2 spots to go , and I noticed today Silk is still on their website.

Think they are a batsmen short if Nevill and Abbott are batting 6 & 7.

Not convinced on Pope to be honest , Denly can bowl 4 overs no problems.

AFL Club
Essendon
They still have 2 spots to go , and I noticed today Silk is still on their website.

Think they are a batsmen short if Nevill and Abbott are batting 6 & 7.

Not convinced on Pope to be honest , Denly can bowl 4 overs no problems.
I Have them at 18 with John Hastings (retired) and Jordan Silk who was named under the Tom Curran news. pretty much same team as Ben's Beasts just Silk in over Pope. Denly & SOK as spinners don't need a 3rd.

AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure if you guys have been following @BBLfreehitpod on twitter but I have rounded up 6/7 past winners from BBL Fantasy & the only SC winner and did a bit of a interview with them. thought i'd share it on here. hopefully you guys can take something from it.

**if you like I can post them each day they come up.

Dave Murtagh won BBL01 Fantasy and here is what he had to say...

1. What is your team name and where can people follow you if you have twitter?
Elvstroem

2. What was the keys to your success and any advice to new players?
Don’t chase scores, BBL fantasy has the most volatile scoring, players can easily score a 100 one week and 0 the next. I don’t look too much at a player’s scores (unless wanting a cheap player for cash generation) but more look at players role in the team and their opportunity to score, stay on top of team changes and the impact they can have on other players, it may mean someone gets to open or a part timer gets to bowl more overs.

3. Who is the must have player and why?
Joe Denly, opening the batting and should get plenty of overs.

4. Will you have more bowlers or batsmen in your side considering the all-rounder changes?
Tend to have more batsmen, T20 is a batsman’s game, but don’t actively choose one over the other.

5. Two part question will you have D’Arcy Short in your starting team and is James Pattinson a must have at 62k with a double game in week one?
At this stage I don’t have Short for round 1, will bring him in R2/3 for sure. If Pattinson ifs fit and playing R1 then he’s a must for me, not that many cheap bowlers to choose from and one starting with a DGW, while he can go for runs he’s a strike bowler and wickets is where the big points come from.

6. Who is someone you think will be a smoky this year?
Maybe not so much of a smoky now after his JLT, but I like Daniel Sams to take the next step this year, should add a lot of batting points this year and switching to Thunder gives him more opportunity.
Also like Jake Weatherald, his 2nd half to the BBL last year was terrific and looks to believe he belongs at this level now.

7. Making a big call, if you don’t start with…… You won’t win this year?
Obvious one, but Chris Lynn with Heat having DGW R1 he could go 400+ as captain.

8. Heat & Scorchers have a double game in week one. How many are you looking at starting with?
Around 8, need to take advantage of it but not cripple your team, seen plenty of times where 1 game from a Bravo type beats 2 scores from a Blizzard type.
Couple of season ago I got the highest score for R1 and only had 8 DGW players, there’s always guys that will outscore the DGW guys.

9. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us…which player is on the never again list for BBL08?
Ben Cutting.

10. Which two big bash sides face off in the Grand final?
Heat and 6ers.

AFL Club
Essendon
Matty Yap won BBL03 Fantasy and here is what he had to say...

1. What is your team name and where can people follow you if you have twitter?
I combined my initials with the stars, hence MYstars. It was the most stupid thing I could come up with at the time.

2. What was the keys to your success and any advice to new players?
Success is a whole lot of luck, but I tried to maximise the amount of double game week players and try to pick as many players who both bat and bowl.

3. Who is the must have player and why?
Haven’t done my research enough to pick a must have. But players like Watto who bat and bowl generally are locks.

4. Will you have more bowlers or batsmen in your side considering the all-rounder changes?
Haven’t checked out the new rules but I generally like bowlers. More consistent.

5. Two part question, will you have D’Arcy Short in your starting team and is James Pattinson a must have at 62k with a double in game week one?
As good as he was, don’t think Short can top last seasons feats. Pattinson probably if fit and ready to go.

6. Who is someone you think will be a smoky this year?

7. Making a big call, if you don’t start with…… You won’t win this year?
6 and 7. No idea. I only really do my research a day prior to lockout. I’m really lazy

8. Heat & Scorchers have a double game week one how many are you looking at starting with?
I focus on maximizing the DGW players over the whole season rather than just week one.

9. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us… which player is on the never again list for BBL08?
Ben cutting. I always get sucked in at some stage.

10. Which two big bash sides face off in the Grand final?
Scorchers and hopefully a Melbourne team.