Discussion BBL Big Bash SuperCoach Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
time to relax and have some fun

Short , Christian , Maxwell , Dwarshuis , Phillippe/Harper (Archer , Smith)

Nielsen (Wade)

Richardson , Lyon , Lamichhane , O'Keefe , Fraser-McGurk (Qais Ahmad , Parkinson)

$ 10,200.00 in the bank

Final Renegade/Sixers players subject to my 3 bench loops

VC Lamichhane
C Nielsen (or Richardson)

good luck all

time to relax and have some fun

Short , Christian , Maxwell , Dwarshuis , Phillippe/Harper (Archer , Smith)

Nielsen (Wade)

Richardson , Lyon , Lamichhane , O'Keefe , Fraser-McGurk (Qais Ahmad , Parkinson)

$ 10,200.00 in the bank

Final Renegade/Sixers players subject to my 3 bench loops

VC Lamichhane
C Nielsen (or Richardson)

good luck all
Don't have stoin either. Good anti pod call. Nice loops

AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't have stoin either. Good anti pod call. Nice loops
Cheers

I am ranked about 1 millionth so picking the same players as everyone else does achieves nothing for me , I have no expectations , will enjoy the SF (hopefully good cricket games) and relax.

Archer has frustrated me so many times the bench is the best spot to start him , have Nielsen so can use him and QA is able to be looped as well.

Are you still ranked reasonably high ?

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm looking at a very Cookie-Cutter-ish

Stoinis, Short (V), Maxwell, Finch, Willey (Dunk/Handscomb, Devcich)
Ludeman (Wade)
Lamichhane, Richardson, Christian, Abbott, Tremain (Ahmad, Parkinson)
$46,900 left over.

Loopholing Dunk/Handscomb because they won't be popular, and Hobart has been fairly bat friendly.
Loopholing Ahmad because he will be extremely popular, and in most serious teams.
Loopholing Wade more to have Captain's loophole option, but you never know?
Can take or leave both of Dunk/Handscomb or Ahmad after the first game, and if need be turn Willey into someone valued around $135k.
Not completely sold on Finch, and tossing up whether to squeeze the GOAT in there, too.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm looking at a very Cookie-Cutter-ish

Stoinis, Short (V), Maxwell, Finch, Willey (Dunk/Handscomb, Sutherland)
Ludeman (Wade)
Lamichhane, Richardson, Christian, Abbott, Tremain (Ahmad, Devcich)
$46,900 left over.

Loopholing Dunk/Handscomb because they won't be popular, and Hobart has been fairly bat friendly.
Loopholing Ahmad because he will be extremely popular, and in most serious teams.
Loopholing Wade more to have Captain's loophole option, but you never know?
Can take or leave both of Dunk/Handscomb or Ahmad after the first game, and if need be turn Willey into someone valued around $120k.
Not completely sold on Finch, and tossing up whether to squeeze the GOAT in there, too.
Very unlike you Rowsus.

If you need more cash to play with Devcich - > Parkinson (he was who Plunkett replaced so DEFINITELY won't play)
Willey - > Smith (he was a replacement player so won't be back)

although I guess you still want Willey's DPP with DC if you take Ahmad's score

can you get SOK at all ?

I think you said you wanted to finish < 150 , does cookie-cutterish get you there although some maybe struggling to afford DC , Richo , Abbott & Tremain so maybe it is not that cookie-cutterish

Good luck

Last edited:

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Very unlike you Rowsus.

If you need more cash to play with Devcich - > Parkinson (he was who Plunkett replaced so DEFINITELY won't play)
Willey - > Smith (he was a replacement player so won't be back)

although I guess you still want Devcich & Willey's DPP.

can't you get SOK at all ?

I think you said you wanted to finish < 150 , does cookie-cutterish get you there although some maybe struggling to afford DC , Richo , Abbott & Tremain.

Good luck
I'm always a bit wary about the "surprise" substitute fielder. I'm pretty sure they can use "anyone", and it doesn't have to be the listed 12th man. By having Willey/Devcich it removes that possibility.

Cookie-Cutter is unlike me, I must admit. I'm relying on my possible loopholes to provide a POD, and also having $200-$250k more than a lot of teams helps me get that one more gun in there. So that's sort of another POD in itself.

I'd like to squeeze SOK in there (and GOAT), but I have 4 Bowl and 1 Bat/Bowl on that line. I'm not sure which one I squeeze out, to fit SOK in. I definitely need to hang onto Christian, as being the only Bat/Bowl down there, he is pivotal to my loophole options. My line up is "bat-friendly" for the first game, and heavily "bowler dominated" for the 2nd game. There aren't too many inspiring Bat picks in the 2nd game!

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My semi final side:
BAT: Stoinis, Short, Maxwell, Faulkner, Finch (Bailey, Smith)
WK: Ludeman (Wade)
BWL: Richo, Abbott, Lami, SOK, Gurney (Ahmad, West)

$3,600 remaining.

Scenarios:
Bailey does well, Ahmad fails then Finch to Sutherland & Gurney to Boyce.

Ahmad does well, Bailey fails then Gurney to Sutherland & Finch to Dwarsh.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm always a bit wary about the "surprise" substitute fielder. I'm pretty sure they can use "anyone", and it doesn't have to be the listed 12th man. By having Willey/Devcich it removes that possibility.

Cookie-Cutter is unlike me, I must admit. I'm relying on my possible loopholes to provide a POD, and also having $200-$250k more than a lot of teams helps me get that one more gun in there. So that's sort of another POD in itself.

I'd like to squeeze SOK in there (and GOAT), but I have 4 Bowl and 1 Bat/Bowl on that line. I'm not sure which one I squeeze out, to fit SOK in. I definitely need to hang onto Christian, as being the only Bat/Bowl down there, he is pivotal to my loophole options. My line up is "bat-friendly" for the first game, and heavily "bowler dominated" for the 2nd game. There aren't too many inspiring Bat picks in the 2nd game!
Safe as houses with Parkinson.

He was the original replacement for Lamichhane , then had to withdraw from injury and replaced by Plunkett.

I doubt he even set foot in the country @ $ 42,000.00 he is a gift sitting there to be used.

My understanding was only 12th & 13th man in the named squad could field , (hence why they name 13 , they then need approval if someone pulls out to replace that player ) maybe I am wrong.

Smith was a injury replacement player for Harvey so again is ineligible to play or be named.

Anyway just putting it out there.

Agree no batsmen at all appeals in the second game , no doubt someone will get 50 points.

Your team value has allowed you to get that extra 1 or 2 POD's , personally I would have 1 Sixer spinner in there (I am sure you looked up the scorecard last time they played there).

Lami , DC , Richo are locks so yeah tough to leave out Tremain or Abbott , then if QA gets a acceptable score it makes it harder again.

Too many options

AFL Club
Collingwood
My semi final side:
BAT: Stoinis, Short, Maxwell, Faulkner, Finch (Bailey, Smith)
WK: Ludeman (Wade)
BWL: Richo, Abbott, Lami, SOK, Gurney (Ahmad, West)

$3,600 remaining.

Scenarios:
Bailey does well, Ahmad fails then Finch to Sutherland & Gurney to Boyce.

Ahmad does well, Bailey fails then Gurney to Sutherland & Finch to Dwarsh.
swap West to Parkinson , just in case

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Safe as houses with Parkinson.

He was the original replacement for Lamichhane , then had to withdraw from injury and replaced by Plunkett.

I doubt he even set foot in the country @ $ 42,000.00 he is a gift sitting there to be used.

My understanding was only 12th & 13th man in the named squad could field , (hence why they name 13 , they then need approval if someone pulls out to replace that player ) maybe I am wrong.

Smith was a injury replacement player for Harvey so again is ineligible to play or be named.

Anyway just putting it out there.

Agree no batsmen at all appeals in the second game , no doubt someone will get 50 points.

Your team value has allowed you to get that extra 1 or 2 POD's , personally I would have 1 Sixer spinner in there (I am sure you looked up the scorecard last time they played there).

Lami , DC , Richo are locks so yeah tough to leave out Tremain or Abbott , then if QA gets a acceptable score it makes it harder again.

Too many options
Using Parkinson/Smith I can squeeze an extra $13,000 out of my non-players, if all of my loopholed players fail, giving me around $135k to replace Willey, if that is required. You're right, every little bit can help sometimes.

The scorecard last time the Sixers played at Marvel can be read a couple of ways, I think.
Richo 3 wickets, Wildermuth 2, Shinwari 1.
Boyce and Nabi bowled 6 overs to return 1/48 - the only wicket being Phillipe batting at 6 in the 15th over.
O'Keefe/Manenti bowled 8 overs for 4/32 - good numbers, but look at the 'Gades batting line up that day!
Top 6 in order: Harvey, Ludeman, White, Cooper, Nabi and Christian.
Harper batted at 7 for a Golden, but came in in an impossible situation.
Last match it was Harris, Finch, Harper (then Cooper, Nabi, Christian).
There's possibly a little more starch in Harris and Finch at the top, over Harvey, Ludeman, White.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Using Parkinson/Smith I can squeeze an extra $13,000 out of my non-players, if all of my loopholed players fail, giving me around $135k to replace Willey, if that is required. You're right, every little bit can help sometimes.

The scorecard last time the Sixers played at Marvel can be read a couple of ways, I think.
Richo 3 wickets, Wildermuth 2, Shinwari 1.
Boyce and Nabi bowled 6 overs to return 1/48 - the only wicket being Phillipe batting at 6 in the 15th over.
O'Keefe/Manenti bowled 8 overs for 4/32 - good numbers, but look at the 'Gades batting line up that day!
Top 6 in order: Harvey, Ludeman, White, Cooper, Nabi and Christian.
Harper batted at 7 for a Golden, but came in in an impossible situation.
Last match it was Harris, Finch, Harper (then Cooper, Nabi, Christian).
There's possibly a little more starch in Harris and Finch at the top, over Harvey, Ludeman, White.
Great pickup Rowsus

3 changes at least to the batting lineup , with Nabi gone , ??? marks over Bear , maybe Ludeman gets a recall.....sad state of affairs he had a contract in the first place , maybe DC finally bats at 5.....Holland could get a game , lots of conjecture.

Depends on the state of the wicket and who bowls first and last , but both Goat and SOK are quality , do they risk Pope again against Finch or play Edwards and rely on Henriques to bowl 4.

Tough ask for MEdwards , Thornton , West to come in and play.

All will be revealed in a few days.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Great pickup Rowsus

3 changes at least to the batting lineup , with Nabi gone , ??? marks over Bear , maybe Ludeman gets a recall.....sad state of affairs he had a contract in the first place , maybe DC finally bats at 5.....Holland could get a game , lots of conjecture.

Depends on the state of the wicket and who bowls first and last , but both Goat and SOK are quality , do they risk Pope again against Finch or play Edwards and rely on Henriques to bowl 4.

Tough ask for MEdwards , Thornton , West to come in and play.

All will be revealed in a few days.
...... which is exactly why I need to keep at least $10,200 up my sleeve, in case I need to turn Ludeman into Nevill!

You wouldn't think both of them could feature this week, would you???!!!

AFL Club
Collingwood
...... which is exactly why I need to keep at least $10,200 up my sleeve, in case I need to turn Ludeman into Nevill!

You wouldn't think both of them could feature this week, would you???!!!
hahaha as I typed my reply to you , I was thinking Nevill (or Avendano) are there only alternatives to JEdwards.

Stuff up a lot of teams plans if Ludeman and Nevill were both picked , surely not.

Thank God I still have Nielsen.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Finals squad:

Bat: Christian, Archer, Dunk, Handscomb, Cooper (donut, donut)
Wkp: McDermott (donut)
Bwl: Stoinis, Short, Richardson, Abbott, Maxwell (donut, donut)

Have $30k left, had to trade out Wade for team balance, any thoughts on where I could spend the spare $30k?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Finals squad:

Bat: Christian, Archer, Dunk, Handscomb, Cooper (donut, donut)
Wkp: McDermott (donut)
Bwl: Stoinis, Short, Richardson, Abbott, Maxwell (donut, donut)

Have $30k left, had to trade out Wade for team balance, any thoughts on where I could spend the spare $30k?
who are your donuts ?

are you going to loop in Thursday nights game ?

no Ahmad ??? yet you have Dunk & Cooper