[BBL08] Big Bash League - Useful Information (Updated Squads 8/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
Consider this as your ONE-STOP thread for all things useful to help you navigate through the BBL season.

I will be the sole keeper of this thread and will add further information as they become relevant.

Please note that I've decided to prevent others from replying/posting on this thread in order to keep it clean. Through the course of the season, if anyone feels that they have something they feel is appropriate for this thread, then just tag me on the BBL discussion thread and I'll take care of the rest.

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
With SIX teams having a DOUBLE in the first FOUR rounds, below are relevant SC BBL scores for some of the KEY PLAYERS.
***Players likely to be part of the Test Squad are omitted for obvious reason.

Untitled.jpg

AFL Club
Collingwood
In case people have missed it (I think I have posted info about it 3 times now) :-

ENGLAND IN THE CARIBBEAN 2019
Fri Jan 11: England Team arrive, Barbados

Tue Jan 15 - Fri Jan 18: Tour match – The Three Ws Oval, Barbados

Wed Jan 23 - Sun Jan 27: 1st Test, Kensington Oval, Barbados

Thu Jan 31 - Mon Feb 4: 2nd Test, Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua

Sat Feb 9 - Wed Feb 13: 3rd Test, Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia

Sun Feb 17: 50-over Tour match, The Three Ws Oval, Barbados
Wed Feb 20: 1st ODI, Kensington Oval, Barbados

Fri Feb 22: 2nd ODI, Kensington Oval, Barbados

Mon Feb 25: 3rd ODI, National Cricket Stadium, Grenada

Wed Feb 27: 4th ODI, National Cricket Stadium, Grenada

Sat Mar 2: 5th ODI, Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia

Tue Mar 5: 1st IT20, Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia
Fri Mar 8: 2nd IT20, Warner Park, St Kitts

maybe print it off and stick it on the fridge :)

AFL Club
Collingwood
International Availability – BBL|08
November 15, 2018 Josh Schonafinger Fantasy Big Bash

Some are hanging around for the full tournament, some have better things to do. Here’s how your side’s international imports are spending their summer.

Rashid Khan: Full BBL
Colin Ingram: Full BBL

Both the Strikers will be around the squad for the duration of the tournament. Afghanistan don’t have any fixtures over summer and Ingram hasn’t played for South Africa since 2013.

Brendon McCullum: Full BBL
Mujeeb Ur Rahman: Full BBL

McCullum will skipper the Heat once again and isn’t going anywhere. Ur Rahman is in the same boat as Rashid – Afghanistan don’t have any scheduled matches over summer so he’s good to go.

Jofra Archer: Full BBL
Tymal Mills: Full BBL

Archer is still ineligible to play for England due to the ECB’s strict code on players changing nations(Archer was born in Barbados but wants to play for England), but that’s great news for fantasy coaches. Very hard to see Mills getting selected for his country either, unless things change dramatically.

Mohammad Nabi: Full BBL
Usman Shinwari: Available rounds 1-6
Harry Gurney: Available rounds 7-13

Nabi will play the full tournament once again, but Gurney will replace Shinwari on January 11. Both are left-arm bowlers and Shinwari represented Pakistan against Australia as recently as October. Gurney played for England in 2014.

Dwayne Bravo: Full BBL
Sandeep Lamichhane: Available rounds 1-4, rounds 12-13
Matt Parkinson: Available rounds 5-11

Bravo has made the switch and committed to a full season with the Stars. Nepalese sensation Lamichhane will bowl leggies for the Stars at the front-and-back-end of the tournament, because his Bangladesh Premier League commitments take precedence. Lancashire’s Matt Parkinson fills in for him during rounds 5-11.

David Willey: Full BBL
Usman Qadir: Full BBL

England starts with Tests for its tour of the Caribbean so Willey will be right to play the full tournament. Qadir too, the son of the legendary Pakistani Abdul, dreams of representing Australia. For now, he’ll have to impress in Scorchers colours.

Joe Denly: Full BBL
At this stage he’s here for the full summer. But after recently being a part of England’s Test squad in Sri Lanka, he could be called away in the new year on national duty. If he is selected he’ll be available until round 6.

Joe Root: Available rounds 1-6
Jos Buttler: Available rounds 1-6
Chris Jordan: Available rounds 7-13
Anton Devcich: Available rounds 7-13

Root and Buttler jet off to play the West Indies and are replaced by Chris Jordan and the Kiwi Anton Devcich. Jordan bowls good pace and can slog down the order, while Devcich is a top-order Twenty20 hitter who also bowls extremely handy left-arm spin.

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
***Please Note***

The 'Runs' in the top table (season's averages) for each players are INCORRECTLY assigned as average per total number of games played, not per innings at bat. The current algorithm is unable to distinguish between a zero (batted and dismissed for a 'duck') and a DNB (did not bat), so most of those averages would be understated, particularly for BWL and BAT/BWL players.

Apology for the misleading data, and please bear with me until I come up with an 'easy' fix.

Many thanks to @toxic for bringing this to my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.