Discussion BBL09 Supercoach Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haven't heard anything in regards to an overseas for the Scorchers at this stage. However, have seen some of Banton's work in the T20 Blast and boy oh boy do I like the look of him. Would be a great pickup for a BBL side.
signed with the Heat , exciting times ahead.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
he's coming !!!!!!Tom Banton signed with the Heat for the first 8 games , before ADB arrives@Goodie's Guns
HEAT KEEP HITS COMING WITH YOUNG-GUN BANTON
09 October 2019

Fresh from landing South Africa superstar AB de Villiers, the Brisbane Heat have landed another international coup by securing English young gun Tom Banton for the coming KFC BBL season.
Likened to Kevin Pietersen by former Heat star Brendon McCullum, the 20-year-old Somerset star lit up this year's T20 Blast competition in England with 549 runs at a strike-rate of 161.47, including a maiden T20 ton off just 51 balls against KentIt saw him called up to England's T20 squad to tour New Zealand next month, and he was named England's Young Cricketer of the Year last week.
Banton will play the first eight games of the Heat season, before Proteas legend de Villiers joins the Heat for their final six regular season games and any subsequent finals, with Afghanistan spin pair Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Zahir Khan rounding out Brisbane's international recruits for the summer.​
Banton, who is also a wicket-keeper, admitted it had been a whirlwind few months culminating in his first overseas T20 contract with the Heat. "If you had asked me at the start of the summer would I imagine it going like this, I would have probably had a laugh and suggested you weren't serious," he said.
"I was blown away when it was announced last week that AB was coming to join the Heat so what was already going to be a huge experience just got bigger.
"I'm really looking forward to coming to Brisbane and seeing what Queensland has to offer after previously playing club cricket in Perth when I was younger.
"I've watched a fair bit of the BBL at home and it is a quality competition with so many outstanding players. I can't wait to be honest.”
Heat coach Darren Lehmann said Banton's recruitment had been a high priority.​
"He was the talk of English cricket during their season," Lehmann said. "Outside the World Cup and the Ashes, Tom was the player that a lot of people were really excited to be watching, and with good reason.
"He's a lovely striker of the ball and has that wide and varied range of shots you need to make the most of the early overs in the power play or to accelerate the scoring through the middle and back half of an innings.
"The prospect of pairing him alongside some of our young batsmen like Max Bryant, his mate Matt Renshaw and Sam Heazlett is pretty enticing, that's for sure.
"But we know Tom will also benefit from playing and being around the likes of Chris Lynn, Joe Burns, Ben Cutting and Marnus Labuschagne as he takes steps to expand his skills and experience in Australian conditions.

"He's joining us for the first half of the tournament but we're hopeful he will have some time to catch-up with AB de Villiers at some point as that would be a great opportunity as part of his experience with the Heat."
Lehmann said the club was close to finalising its 18-man roster with two spots to fill.

"We're working on those last few spots, so we'll keep a close eye on the Marsh One Day Cup and Sheffield Shield, and performances in Premier Cricket," Lehmann said.
"It's all about weighing up the options to give us the depth in the roles we feel we need for the tournament."

Brisbane Heat BBL|09 squad: Chris Lynn, Tom Banton (UK), AB de Villiers (SA), Mujeeb Ur Rahman (Afg), Zahir Khan (Afg), James Pattinson, Max Bryant, Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Sam Heazlett, Matthew Renshaw, Josh Lalor, Mitch Swepson, Jack Prestwidge, Mark Steketee, Jimmy Peirson, Marnus Labuschagne. (Two spots to fill).

AFL Club
Collingwood
Nicholas Pooran possibly to the Perth Scorchers

they might be better chasing his Amazon Warriors team mate Brandon King 132 * off 72, highest score in CPL history and 11 wins out of 11

Last edited:

7/11

AFL Club
Sydney
be nice if Banton gets Bat/WK status.

Theoretically should be under $ 90,000.00

Expect Steyn & ABD to be $ 200k plus.

Not sure how they will price Morris.
What was Vince priced at when he came out? Might be a good indication of where Banton will be at. Most of the new overseas players start around 70-85k (ala Mujeeb), so I’m hoping he’s in that range too.

Definitely a better punt than Salt, but I’ll leave that to the analysis thread (when I get to it later today).

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
What was Vince priced at when he came out? Might be a good indication of where Banton will be at. Most of the new overseas players start around 70-85k (ala Mujeeb), so I’m hoping he’s in that range too.

Definitely a better punt than Salt, but I’ll leave that to the analysis thread (when I get to it later today).
James Vince starting price last season was $98,400.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Big Bash League 2019-20: Sydney Thunder snap up Chris Tremain and Brendan Doggett

Alex Ross also at the Thunder

According to FoxSports they now have :-

THUNDER SQUAD SO FAR: Callum Ferguson (C), Jonathan Cook, Oliver Davies, Brendan Doggett, Matthew Gilkes, Chris Green, Alex Hales, Usman Khawaja, Jay Lenton, Nathan McAndrew, Chris Morris, Arjun Nair, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Jason Sangha, Gurinder Sandhu, Chris Tremain

= 17

Cummins now is missing :unsure: so what is Warner doing ? :unsure::unsure: one of the best T20 batsmen in the world and not playing in his own country's comp !!!!!!

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Using last season's MN of 2707 the Top 10 averaging players should be priced at (approximately) :-

Stoinis $ 262 k
Short $ 247 k
Cummins $ 227 k - could be discounted
Qais Ahmed $ 221 k
Richardson , K $ 201 k
Curran $ 197 k
Rashid Khan $ 191 k
Lalor $ 190 k
Richardson , J $ 186 k
Christian $ 185 k

Some I am keen on

Marsh , S $ 138 k
Lynnsanity $ $ 118 k
Finch $ 112 k
Marsh , M $ 100 k
Head $ 76 k

hoping Banton & Salt are < $ 90 k
Patterson should be $ 62,500.00

Paris , Rogers , Summers should be cheap

Philippe $ 115 k
Bancroft (if Bat/WK) $ 115 k

Gilkes & Lenton should be both $ 113 k but hopefully get discounted.

Paine should also get a discount on last season.

Think last year the Salary cap was $ 2 million.

Tamuhawk

AFL Club
Hawthorn
BBL09 Supercoach Fixture Analysis

The Heraldsun released the dates of the breakdown of each rounds just yesterday. So I thought I'd go through and break the matches into rounds for us.

There will be a total of 16 rounds, with the first 12 rounds part of the Home & Away Season and the last 4 rounds will be finals. It appears there are only 4 rounds where teams actually have a bye. Rounds 1, 3, 4 & 5. Round 12 which is also the last round of the Home & Away rounds is going to be a huge one with a MASSIVE six teams having the DGR while the remaining two teams only have the single game round.

Four game rounds: R2-R7
Five game rounds: R1, R8-R11
Seven game round: R12

(There are four rounds of finals after the H&A season.)

Round 1 (Dec 17th-20th)
Heat v Thunder
Sixers v Scorchers
Renegades v Thunder
Hurricanes v Sixers
Heat v Stars

DGR: Heat, Thunder & Sixers.
BYE: Strikers

Round 2 (Dec 21st-22nd)
Thunder v Strikers
Scorchers v Renegades
Stars v Hurricanes
Sixers v Heat

DGR: None
BYE: None

Round 3 (Dec 23rd-27th)
Strikers v Scorchers
Hurricanes v Renegades
Scorchers v Sixers
Stars v Strikers

DGR: Scorchers & Strikers.
BYE: Heat & Thunder.

Round 4 (Dec 28th-31st)
Sixers v Thunder
Renegades v Strikers
Hurricanes v Stars
Strikers v Thunder

DGR: Thunder & Strikers.
BYE: Heat & Scorchers.

Round 5 (Jan 1st-3rd)
Heat v Scorchers
Thunder v Stars
Renegades v Sixers
Hurricanes v Heat

DGR: Heat
BYE: Strikers

Round 6 (Jan 4th-6th)
Stars v Renegades
Sixers v Strikers
Scorchers v Hurricanes
Thunder v Heat

Round 7 (Jan 7th-9th)
Renegades v Scorchers
Strikers v Sixers
Stars v Thunder
Heat v Hurricanes

Round 8 (Jan 10th-12th)
Renegades v Stars
Thunder v Hurricanes
Scorchers v Heat
Strikers v Renegades
Stars v Sixers

DGR: Renegades & Stars.

Round 9 (Jan 13th-16th)
Hurricanes v Scorchers
Heat v Strikers
Thunder v Renegades
Scorchers v Stars
Sixers v Hurricanes

DGR: Hurricanes & Scorchers.

Round 10 (Jan 17th-19th)
Strikers v Heat
Stars v Scorchers
Thunder v Sixers
Hurricanes v Strikers
Heat v Renegades

DGR: Heat & Strikers.

Round 11 (Jan 20th-23rd)
Sixers v Stars
Scorchers v Thunder
Renegades v Hurricanes
Strikers v Stars
Heat v Sixers

DGR: Sixers & Stars.

THE SUPER ROUND
Round 12 (Jan 24th-27th)

Hurricanes v Thunder
Scorchers v Strikers
Sixers v Renegades
Stars v Heat
Thunder v Scorchers
Strikers v Hurricanes
Renegades v Heat

DGR: Hurricanes, Thunder, Scorchers, Strikers, Renegades & Heat.
SGR: Sixers & Stars

FINALS (TBA)
Round 13 (Jan 30th-31st) - 2 matches
Round 14 (Feb 1st) - 1 match
Round 15 (Feb 6th) - 1 match
Round 16 (Feb 8th) - 1 match

Last edited: