Discussion BBL|09 SuperCoach BBL In Game Discussion

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
don't disagree with that at all , if a team is relying on 7-11 to make runs regularly in a T20 game they have definite issues.

Have read that in the IPL some 9-11 don't even have a bat in their kit bags.
Might have to swallow some pride on my initial observation as I actually meant target the top 1 -3 batsman ....

- Anyway I see we've added Salt and the Bear to replace Ingram and ?? not so bad on a second look ... but I still don't like the batting depth ... lots of boom or bust options ... who is/are the anchor(s) is my concern ...

- Don't trust any POM on our pitches and the Bear ... I'll leave the latter alone ...

AFL Club
Collingwood
Might have to swallow some pride on my initial observation as I actually meant target the top 1 -3 batsman ....

- Anyway I see we've added Salt and the Bear to replace Ingram and ?? not so bad on a second look ... but I still don't like the batting depth ... lots of boom or bust options ... who is/are the anchor(s) is my concern ...

- Don't trust any POM on our pitches and the Bear ... I'll leave the latter alone ...
Too early for me to put my Big Bash hat , the NFL has started hahaha.

Carey , Weatherald , Salt (I believe) are all openers and Head can as well.

I actually think Wells is probably the best bet as a anchor at 3-4 but they are not all going to fit.

I wonder if they decide to use Carey at 4 or 5 as the anchor.

Leaves Lehmann , Short and Bear to fill the remaining spot , Bear might only be there when Head & Carey are missing.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Media going into melt down that the Stars are about to sign Dale Steyn

Only later in the article it might be for the last 6 games only as he also wants to play BPL and may be involved in the ODI series v England.

watch this space

Tibor

Draftee
I've just nabbed this from the Big Bash twitter; Lamichhane confirmed back for the Stars for the full season:

Big news! @IamSandeep25 and his massive Nepalese cheersquad will be back with the @StarsBBL for the entirety of #BBL09

AFL Club
Collingwood
I've just nabbed this from the Big Bash twitter; Lamichhane confirmed back for the Stars for the full season:

Big news! @IamSandeep25 and his massive Nepalese cheersquad will be back with the @StarsBBL for the entirety of #BBL09
The 2020 Nepal Tri-Nations (Nepal, Oman , USA) is scheduled Feb 5 to 12 so I wonder if he will be available for Finals if the Stars qualify.

Tibor

Draftee
I'm naive to international cricket, but if I was to guess 2 other teams to have a Tri-Nations series with Nepal then those wouldn't have been it in a million years... :geek:

Good pick up on his availability. They say 'entirety' but that might be disclaimered to mean entirety of the regular season..

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm naive to international cricket, but if I was to guess 2 other teams to have a Tri-Nations series with Nepal then those wouldn't have been it in a million years... :geek:

Good pick up on his availability. They say 'entirety' but that might be disclaimered to mean entirety of the regular season..
all part of the 2019–22 ICC Cricket World Cup League 2 which forms part of the qualification pathway to the 2023 Cricket World Cup.

Essentially it is the level behind the 12 Test teams + Netherland's ODI League.

Teams are Nepal, Scotland, UAE, Namibia, Oman , PNG & USA who particapte in 21 Tri-Nation series between them.

USA is currently hosting PNG & Namibia

Tibor

Draftee
all part of the 2019–22 ICC Cricket World Cup League 2 which forms part of the qualification pathway to the 2023 Cricket World Cup.

Essentially it is the level behind the 12 Test teams + Netherland's ODI League.

Teams are Nepal, Scotland, UAE, Namibia, Oman , PNG & USA who particapte in 21 Tri-Nation series between them.

USA is currently hosting PNG & Namibia
Thanks for the explanation. I've just looked through the wikipedia and there's a good graph explanation on the Qualifier and how the different comps feed into the main one, which I didn't know anything about previously. I learnt something today, thank you.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks for the explanation. I've just looked through the wikipedia and there's a good graph explanation on the Qualifier and how the different comps feed into the main one, which I didn't know anything about previously. I learnt something today, thank you.
No problems at all.

Thanks for sharing the news about Sandeep and Cook & Gilkes

AFL Club
Sydney
Keep an eye out for Tanveer Sangha. Very good upcoming leg spinner in the Australian 19’s squad and should be associated with the Sydney Thunder. If he’s named in their squad, he could be a great cheapie for us.

Has had big wraps on him in the Sydney Grade comp and it’s just a matter of time before he gets a go in the BBL.

AFL Club
Collingwood
James Vince has rejoined the Sixers for BBL09

that makes 17 for the Sixers (forgot about Bird) and still no news about Hazlewood , Lyon , Smith & Starc

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
News corp reporting that Chris Morris has signed with the Sydney Thunder.

Confirmed on their website , also added Ollie Davies to their list.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
you bloody beauty

not only is Mujeeb coming back but he is bringing Zakir Khan with him......unreal

AFL Club
Collingwood
Confirmed Overseas Signings

Adelaide Strikers: Rashid Khan , Salt
Brisbane Heat: Mujeeb Ur Rahman , Zakir Khan
Hobart Hurricanes: Qais Ahmad , Archer *
Melbourne Renegades: Gurney , Nabi
Melbourne Stars: Lamichhane
Perth Scorchers: TBA
Sydney Sixers: Curran * , Vince *
Sydney Thunder: Buttler * , Morris

* Archer , Buttler , Curran , Vince all subject to availability (England tour dates to South Africa previously posted, post # 62)

6 from England , 5 from Afghanistan , 1 from Nepal & 1 from South Africa (so far)

Last edited:
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm currently doing a write up of every player from each of the squads from a fantasy point of view. Would people prefer I start a new thread to discuss this and leave this for the social media/other information pertaining to the BBL?

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm currently doing a write up of every player from each of the squads from a fantasy point of view. Would people prefer I start a new thread to discuss this and leave this for the social media/other information pertaining to the BBL?
Nobody else jumping in - I think it is a great idea (and kind of you to share!) I reckon start a new thread for statistical information so it is easier to find that sort of information. If the mods decide it should just all be in one thread, they will alter things accordingly.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think last year we had two separate threads ... one for general discussion and another for player / team analysis (Thanh's stats come to mind) but it was an almost locked down thread from memory and I really liked it .... no discussion just pure facts of team / player / schedule analysis ...

AFL Club
Sydney
Nobody else jumping in - I think it is a great idea (and kind of you to share!) I reckon start a new thread for statistical information so it is easier to find that sort of information. If the mods decide it should just all be in one thread, they will alter things accordingly.
It'll be more of what I know of players and how their role is shaping up for the season. I should have the Strikers up by the next 20-30 minutes, so I'll see what people think of it.