Cars Discussion

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I haven't but curious to know what you're looking at getting.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
69 rt charger

Something like that, I dont have the time for restoration etc, I just want to get a completed one. Probably looking at 50/60K to get one already here.

Would be more variety to find one in the states, but it seems it would be a bigger headache than Nic Nat lol

MovingUpward

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Has anybody ever imported a car from America?
Nice looking Charger mate. Not from America but have had some dealings with importing vehicles from Japan. It is a bloody hassle, but if you can score one cheap after taking into account customs duty, insurance, freight etc, you could well come out ahead. I'd look at an making an inquiry with an import agency which depending on cost could take out some of the stress and drama. You used to be able to import a vehicle that's over 30 years old without paying customs duty. Not sure if that's still the case though...

Nice looking Charger mate. Not from America but have had some dealings with importing vehicles from Japan. It is a bloody hassle, but if you can score one cheap after taking into account customs duty, insurance, freight etc, you could well come out ahead. I'd look at an making an inquiry with an import agency which depending on cost could take out some of the stress and drama. You used to be able to import a vehicle that's over 30 years old without paying customs duty. Not sure if that's still the case though...
Yeah on the money. Find a good reputable local import broker who specializes in American muscle and ask them every question you can think of to give you the bigger picture. You will find that they will charge you a premium buyers fee but the bonus is they will get you exactly what you want, take care of legals and because they would have a network/contacts over there they will source the best example as possible within you budget.

Trying to do something like this off your own back would be a very troubling process unless you fly over there and take care of everything yourself from start to finish - which isn't impossible and will save you thousands.