Discussion COVID-19 Lockdown: General Discussion (Poll added)

At post #118 Freowho/Bermi have a picture. Do you think

• Speccy 1 is better

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Speccy 2 is better

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Another 2 frames should be added to complete the action!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The guy on the bottom got kneed in the face!

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Collingwood
I get a bit of enjoyment from recording "The Chase" episodes on my Personal Video Recorder. Then I watch it later with my finger on the 'pause button' and press it as soon as a questioned has been asked. That gives me time to answer the question before the answer is given.
Not to mention that I am able to skip the commercials :)

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I hate to say this, as I'm repeating myself, so I will keep it short and to the point.
It's still too little.
Why midnight tomorrow? Most places in Europe just said "Now!".
Why are shops other than supermarkets and chemists still open?
Weddings etc. still going ahead?
Barber shops and hairdressers still open???!!! Oh for F"#&$ SAKE!!!!! They are not life essentials!!!!! What message are you sending here.
"It's very bad out there, but no so bad you can't get a haircut". I literally could vomit!!!!
It's still reactionary. It's still too little. It's still way behind standards being set elsewhere. It's still playing catch up, but it's like trying to catch a runaway train on a tricycle!!!
When you think you've drawn a safe line, move it another 5 places up the restriction level meter, and you might be close.
They have to stop we are trying to protect this, we are trying to protect that, type thinking. Their actions now will have a worse, and longer reaching affect, on those things they are trying to protect!

You create the things you fear. The government fears a total economic meltdown, rightfully so, but the more they tippy toe around this, the bigger the meltdown will be!
It reminds of the story of the mother chasing her teenage child down the street, and the child gets hit by a car:
Mum gets asked, why were you chasing them? Answer, because I was scared they'd run into traffic!
Child gets asked, why were you running? Answer, because mum was chasing me!
The mother created the circumstances, for the thing she feared most, to happen.
That's what is happening here!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
On a positive note, and a side affect of C-19.

Danish police have announced, that for the first time since any of them can remember, there were no domestic break ins reported in the past 24 hours!

The burglars and street corner drug dealers are doing it tough, with everyone staying home!

AFL Club
Collingwood
I hate to say this, as I'm repeating myself, so I will keep it short and to the point.
It's still too little.
Barber shops and hairdressers still open???!!! Oh for F"#&$ SAKE!!!!! They are not life essentials!!!!! What message are you sending here.
"It's very bad out there, but no so bad you can't get a haircut". I literally could vomit!!!!
It's still reactionary. It's still too little. It's still way behind standards being set elsewhere. It's still playing catch up, but it's like trying to catch a runaway train on a tricycle!!!
When you think you've drawn a safe line, move it another 5 places up the restriction level meter, and you might be close.
They have to stop we are trying to protect this, we are trying to protect that, type thinking. Their actions now will have a worse, and longer reaching affect, on those things they are trying to protect!

You create the things you fear. The government fears a total economic meltdown, rightfully so, but the more they tippy toe around this, the bigger the meltdown will be!
It reminds of the story of the mother chasing her teenage child down the street, and the child gets hit by a car:
Mum gets asked, why were you chasing them? Answer, because I was scared they'd run into traffic!
Agree!

It's so logical, that the quicker the Virus is contained, the quicker the country will get back to normal.
Hmmm, what will be the normal after all this?

AFL Club
Richmond
I work in construction. I’m on a site with 500-600 people and according to the government that’s ok. You eat your lunch sitting side by side switch each other. You catch alimaks/lifts up the building with each other( 4metre x 2metre ) with at least 20 people in it. They make certain rules for some and it’s fine for the others.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I have been wondering how washing one's hands kills the Corona Virus.

Simply put, once the virus leaves a body through coughing or sneezing, it protects itself by forming a sticky bubble around itself. Soapy water disrupts the protective bubble, so it dies.

AFL Club
Richmond
It's still too little.

One of the biggest problems that I see here Rowsus is the three tier levels of Government. Federal look after economics, State look after services and council look after....ummm....rubbish?

So the Federals are trying to make decisions that don't impact the economy too hard. The States are making decisions to maintain hospitals etc. the highest standards that they can and Councils are making sure that our rubbish is taken away. So our leadership hierarchy are now splitting with the measures that need to be taken. The schools fiasco is just one example where the States are making decisions to go it alone.

I am absolutely gobsmacked/stunned and feel violated by the fact that authorities allowed cruise ships, I'll say that again, CRUISE SHIPS!!! to disembark their passengers in Sydney without providing proper quarantining restrictions. That decision alone has lead to a spike in our confirmed cases. FFS what were these fools thinking? States are closing borders, ordering domestic arrivals to isolate and quarantine, yet we allow a known incubator of the virus to just spread their passengers over the whole country!!!! Add to that the political point scoring that went on, particularly with our so-called leader. I feel embarrassed by allowing these ****ing morons to make decisions that are meant to be for the welfare of the citizens of this country.

I do however feel comforted by the fact that I'll be well groomed come my demise.

AFL Club
Richmond
I work in construction. I’m on a site with 500-600 people and according to the government that’s ok. You eat your lunch sitting side by side switch each other. You catch alimaks/lifts up the building with each other( 4metre x 2metre ) with at least 20 people in it. They make certain rules for some and it’s fine for the others.
FFS....You can't be serious. An 8m2 lift carrying 20 people? Maximum allowed is 2!! Is it a union controlled workplace? If it is then I'd be straight on to the shop steward because that **** is just not on!

*Edit....even if not unionised it is breaking the social distancing laws that have serious fines attached to any breach. Up to 100k for companies, maybe the construction operator should be made aware of this?

AFL Club
Richmond
FFS....You can't be serious. An 8m2 lift carrying 20 people? Maximum allowed is 2!! Is it a union controlled workplace? If it is then I'd be straight on to the shop steward because that **** is just not on!

*Edit....even if not unionised it is breaking the social distancing laws that have serious fines attached to any breach. Up to 100k for companies, maybe the construction operator should be made aware of this?
It’s one of the biggest sites in Melbourne. All sites across Australia are the same.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
To give you an idea, of how the world is seeing Australia's C-19 efforts so far.
It's 6am here in Denmark, and I turned on the news to catch up with things from overnight.
The 4th story on the news, was about ScoMo rolling back the 30 minutes at hairdressers. Followed by a quick discussion as to why on Earth you'd be allowed to go the hairdresser in these times anyway!
My daily rant of Australia: Too little, too late! Even the world is commenting on it now!!!!
You only have to look at the USA. 70,000 reported cases, and climbing fast! They were/are too little too late, too!
The biggest point with the USA is, 50% of the cases are in New York state, and the most of those in NY city.
This dense population gives you a snapshot of how quickly this virus gets hold, and skyrockets, unless you take extreme measures IMMEDIATELY! Just because your population isn't as dense as NY's doesn't mean it won't skyrocket the same!!!!
They've had to build a temporary tent morgue outside a NY hospital, because the real is one is full.
C'mon Australia, get real!!!! ScoMo, ramp up the actions now, Everyone ...... STAY HOME!!!!

AFL Club
Fremantle
To give you an idea, of how the world is seeing Australia's C-19 efforts so far.
It's 6am here in Denmark, and I turned on the news to catch up with things from overnight.
The 4th story on the news, was about ScoMo rolling back the 30 minutes at hairdressers. Followed by a quick discussion as to why on Earth you'd be allowed to go the hairdresser in these times anyway!
My daily rant of Australia: Too little, too late! Even the world is commenting on it now!!!!
You only have to look at the USA. 70,000 reported cases, and climbing fast! They were/are too little too late, too!
The biggest point with the USA is, 50% of the cases are in New York state, and the most of those in NY city.
This dense population gives you a snapshot of how quickly this virus gets hold, and skyrockets, unless you take extreme measures IMMEDIATELY! Just because your population isn't as dense as NY's doesn't mean it won't skyrocket the same!!!!
They've had to build a temporary tent morgue outside a NY hospital, because the real is one is full.
C'mon Australia, get real!!!! ScoMo, ramp up the actions now, Everyone ...... STAY HOME!!!!
I think they decided to have a complete lockdown some time ago but didn't want a whole nation rushing to shops, petrol stations, welfare websites etc. So they are locking it down step by step starting with activities that cause the most infection.