Discussion COVID-19 Lockdown: General Discussion

At post #118 Freowho/Bermi have a picture. Do you think

• Speccy 1 is better

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Speccy 2 is better

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Another 2 frames should be added to complete the action!

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • The guy on the bottom got kneed in the face!

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was just reading the ABC page on statistics

Australia has had 6,640 cases sadly resulting in 71 deaths

64% of cases were contracted overseas.

4,258 people have recovered

leaves 2,311 active cases of which 170 are in hospital and 32 of those are in ICU

going to be very interesting to see how the Government consider when and how they will start relaxing restrictions , before the general public start kicking up

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Was just reading the ABC page on statistics

Australia has had 6,640 cases sadly resulting in 71 deaths

64% of cases were contracted overseas.

4,258 people have recovered

leaves 2,311 active cases of which 170 are in hospital and 32 of those are in ICU

going to be very interesting to see how the Government consider when and how they will start relaxing restrictions , before the general public start kicking up
Was your point to show that the ABC are showing two day old data? Or that the data is still trying to scare us into submission and thus accept all measures given by our Governments (multiple)?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Was your point to show that the ABC are showing two day old data? Or that the data is still trying to scare us into submission and thus accept all measures given by our Governments (multiple)?
no point really , just was sharing what I read , thought it may of been of some intetest

can't really see 95% + of the country continuing to "accept" these sanctions , business are going down the gurgler left right and centre (not all due to the virus) , millions are out of work , the government is printing money day after day , who ends up paying for it all ?

surely countries can't stay in lockdown until a vaccine is found

certainly not a expert on the medical facilities of this country , but surely we have had time now to prepare temporary facilities to completely isolate those that contract the virus

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
no point really , just was sharing what I read , thought it may of been of some intetest

can't really see 95% + of the country continuing to "accept" these sanctions , business are going down the gurgler left right and centre (not all due to the virus) , millions are out of work , the government is printing money day after day , who ends up paying for it all ?

surely countries can't stay in lockdown until a vaccine is found

certainly not a expert on the medical facilities of this country , but surely we have had time now to prepare temporary facilities to completely isolate those that contract the virus
All very valid points and questions. I'm getting sick of misleading statistics. But hey, congratulations to Dan and Sutton on saving 36,000 lives (sic).

AFL Club
Sydney
I’m just trying to understand why NSW decided it would be smart to send kids back one day a week for school starting 11th May when we are the highest state for cases yet Canberra are closed for the term. :unsure:

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
79B590DC-38DC-43BE-84D4-D998936F2DA4.jpeg

The daily cases number for most countries has seen some decline however, the great united states of america has gone consistently at at least 20k+ new cases per day for nearly 30 days straight now. It’s also the only country I’m aware of with a large number of people protesting lockdown orders and also a state declaring that non-essential business can reopen from as early as tomorrow!

I think Mason Cox summed it up best!

Also came across a rather amusing study

AFL Club
Collingwood
View attachment 17046

The daily cases number for most countries has seen some decline however, the great united states of america has gone consistently at at least 20k+ new cases per day for nearly 30 days straight now. It’s also the only country I’m aware of with a large number of people protesting lockdown orders and also a state declaring that non-essential business can reopen from as early as tomorrow!

I think Mason Cox summed it up best!

Also came across a rather amusing study
Unbelievable! At least America has Trump ;)

AFL Club
Collingwood
I guess the public demonstrations in Brazil , Germany , Russia & Turkey etc are not as "exciting" as the ones in America , probably something to do with being the 51st State ?

AFL Club
West Coast
A bit of a laugh is always good, but I don't get why jokes, and stand up comedians, need to use the 'F' word?
There are many very good funny comedians that don't rely on the 'F' word.
Agreed, I went to a dinner and a show once at the comedy club in North Melbourne and the first 2 comedians just let fly with obscenities all over the place.. really made me rethink my next dinner plans with my mother!!

EDIT: I've blacked out the offending words @Bermi not that it changes much in the context of things :rolleyes:

AFL Club
Collingwood
I guess the public demonstrations in Brazil , Germany , Russia & Turkey etc are not as "exciting" as the ones in America , probably something to do with being the 51st State ?
I wonder how small is the population percentage of the isolation protesters?

AFL Club
West Coast
Did you see they did a random study in New York and found 21% of those tested had the Covid-19 antibodies - and these were people going out to do shopping on the basis they were feeling fine... 3,000 only tested but its probably enough to draw certain conclusions

AFL Club
Collingwood
Agreed, I went to a dinner and a show once at the comedy club in North Melbourne and the first 2 comedians just let fly with obscenities all over the place.. really made me rethink my next dinner plans with my mother!!

EDIT: I've blacked out the offending words @Bermi not that it changes much in the context of things :rolleyes:
I'm not offended, really, just wondering why obscenities are so often used.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not offended, really, just wondering why obscenities are so often used.
Either part of a shtick/persona or appealing to their intended demographic/audience.
A bit of a laugh is always good, but I don't get why jokes, and stand up comedians, need to use the 'F' word?
There are many very good funny comedians that don't rely on the 'F' word.
Jim Gaffigan, Milton Jones and Tim Vine to name a few.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I wonder how small is the population percentage of the isolation protesters?
I suspect it is a lot smaller than the % of people who have the virus.

Depending on the size of the TV screen it could be larger or smaller number.

Some of them could have been "paid professional demonstrators" as well.