Discussion COVID-19 Lockdown: General Discussion

At post #118 Freowho/Bermi have a picture. Do you think

• Speccy 1 is better

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Speccy 2 is better

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Another 2 frames should be added to complete the action!

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • The guy on the bottom got kneed in the face!

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Collingwood
In 1918, the Spanish flu, which infected half a billion people (one-third of the world's population at the time), killed at least 50 million people.

AFL Club
Collingwood
In 1918, the Spanish flu, which infected half a billion people (one-third of the world's population at the time), killed at least 50 million people.
I googled how the Spanish flu was stopped and found this reply:
Simply the world reached herd immunity (55% is enough), it ran the course and died out.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
3918D87F-6849-4AE1-A0D6-5425C21ED38A.jpeg
Two US states relaxed lockdown rules yesterday, and the US records its highest one day spike in new cases.... Trending up in the last 3-4 days. Worrying signs and they’ve got a leader backtracking saying he was being sarcastic when suggesting people should be injecting themselves with disinfectant. ?‍♀️

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
View attachment 17046

The daily cases number for most countries has seen some decline however, the great united states of america has gone consistently at at least 20k+ new cases per day for nearly 30 days straight now. It’s also the only country I’m aware of with a large number of people protesting lockdown orders and also a state declaring that non-essential business can reopen from as early as tomorrow!

I think Mason Cox summed it up best!

Also came across a rather amusing study
You let yourself down by posting obvious incorrect interpretations.

Last edited:

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
You let yourself down by posting obvious incorrect interpretations.
By claiming nearly 30 days?

I was just roughly going off the graph but now I see the first time the US went over 20k was March 29, so to be accurate, as of now, it’s 27 days of at least 20k new cases in the US....

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
By claiming nearly 30 days?

I was just roughly going off the graph but now I see the first time the US went over 20k was March 29, so to be accurate, as of now, it’s 27 days of at least 20k new cases in the US....
What is the need of anyone, be they a politician/journalist/citizen, to misrepresent/approximate the statistics? Everyone can make their point loud and clear with the available statistics without enhancing or down playing them.

Victoria has saved 36,000 lives. What is the need of declaring this figure?

Last edited:

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
What is the need of anyone, be they a politician/journalist/citizen, to misrepresent/approximate the statistics? Everyone can make their point loud and clear with the available statistics without enhancing or down playing them.

Victoria has saved 36,000 lives. What is the need of declaring this figure?
Fair point will keep that in mind. Didn’t intend to misrepresent. Not a great statistic either way.

AFL Club
Collingwood
RE: ........A Belarusian soccer club is selling virtual tickets, where they will print out a photo of your face and glue it to a mannequin and put it in the stands.........

That's another way the churches can get their weekly offerings ;)

As coronavirus empties churches, Italian priest fills pews with photos of parishioners

Father Giuseppe Corbari, pastor of the Saints Quirico and Giulitta parish in Robbiano, celebrates Mass in front of photos of his parishioners that he taped to the empty pews in light of restrictions due to the coronavirus outbreak. (Credit: Courtesy of Father Giuseppe Corbari.)

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
In Denmark:
Schools opened 2 weeks ago for grades 0-5, and will open for grades 6-10 on the 18th.
School is structured differently here, and years 11 & 12 are always totally different and separate schools.
Monday 11th re-opening
Outdoor sports clubs, but still a restriction on no groups over 10 applies (everywhere not just clubs).
Large shopping centres, but not the restaurants in large shopping centres.
Shops in strip shopping centres had been allowed to open restricted hours, but most stayed closed.
Boarding schools.
Churches
Professional sport like football, handball etc but without spectators.
Monday 18th re-opening
Schools for grades 6-10, but still a restriction on class sizes of around 12.
Where the hell do we put them all, and where do we get all the extra teachers needed???!!! No one knows!
Restaurants & Pubs

Still no opening on:
The Zoo - the zoo has announced it has started to euthanase some animals, as they can't afford to keep them. Someone tell me how an open air zoo is more dangerous than the closed enviroment of a large shopping centre or a pub???!!!
Cinemas - cinemas have presented a plan to space patrons, but the government says no, not yet.
Schools for year 11-12 and Universities etc.
The border remains closed until at least 1st June.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't get it?
A 400 seat restaurant can only have 10 sitting people, so how far in advance would one have to book a table?
A small cafe can sit up to 10 people if they are 1.5 meters apart, so why can't a large restaurant follow the same distance rules?

AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't get it?
A 400 seat restaurant can only have 10 sitting people, so how far in advance would one have to book a table?
A small cafe can sit up to 10 people if they are 1.5 meters apart, so why can't a large restaurant follow the same distance rules?
Seems a bit odd but you also have to consider bottlenecks like doorways, toilets, kitchens etc.
Golf courses for example are massive areas but there is a lot of congregating around the pro shop, toilets, putting green etc.