Discussion COVID-19 Lockdown: General Discussion

At post #118 Freowho/Bermi have a picture. Do you think

• Speccy 1 is better

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Speccy 2 is better

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Another 2 frames should be added to complete the action!

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • The guy on the bottom got kneed in the face!

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

THCLT

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Masks compulsory in Melbourne unless you are running or talking for a job!
Seems a bit subjective.
My workplace has recommended/insisted on the wearing of masks for about 2 weeks now and our family have been wearing them whenever we're out shopping, exercising, driving to work, etc.

AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm all for the masks.
But Daniel Andrews said it would be up to common sense whether you got fined $200!
Why exempt running but not walking for exercise?
Why exempt banks for security reasons but not a servo?
Hopefully there will be something more specific on the DHHS website.
Common sense is not that common.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
I will go against the general sentiment here.

Encourage the public all you like to wear masks in high density places; ie supermarkets, malls etc

But to fine the public $200 for not wearing a mask outside of the home is absolute totalitarian madness.

Watch all the ‘Karen’s’ get all high & mighty now and go on a snitching rampage out in public. Will do more harm to society than this supposed pandemic.

There was a great video of two Karen’s harassing a dude over this but YouTube has since deleted it- shame; no free speech outside of the pushed narrative is allowed these days too it seems.

AFL Club
Brisbane

Encourage the public all you like to wear masks in high density places; ie supermarkets, malls etc

But to fine the public $200 for not wearing a mask outside of the home is absolute totalitarian madness.

Watch all the ‘Karen’s’ get all high & mighty now and go on a snitching rampage out in public. Will do more harm to society than this supposed pandemic.

There was a great video of two Karen’s harassing a dude over this but YouTube has since deleted it- shame; no free speech outside of the pushed narrative is allowed these days too it seems.
No cure and killing 5 times the flu globally and that is with lockdowns. Sweden had a weak lockdown and 5,500 deaths. Hard to find a more progressive and compliant country and they have less than half our population. Lockdown or let it rip which would overwhelm the health system. Yes the elderly and vulnerable are most likely to die but dying on a ventilator is a horrible death. Health workers and young are also dying. Wearing a scarf, bandana, home made or official mask is a minor inconvenience. It’s also an alternative to Stage 4 restrictions.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
No cure and killing 5 times the flu globally and that is with lockdowns. Sweden had a weak lockdown and 5,500 deaths. Hard to find a more progressive and compliant country and they have less than half our population. Lockdown or let it rip which would overwhelm the health system. Yes the elderly and vulnerable are most likely to die but dying on a ventilator is a horrible death. Health workers and young are also dying. Wearing a scarf, bandana, home made or official mask is a minor inconvenience. It’s also an alternative to Stage 4 restrictions.
There is a cure...you just need to ween yourself off the spoon feeding & learn to think critically and for yourself.

High doses of Vitamin C, D and Zinc will work too?

AFL Club
Brisbane
And therein lies the problem...you think Big Pharma isn’t the science that is the pseudo one?
I have a science degree and I’m well versed in critical thinking. Nothing is 100% but I’ll back scientific consensus, facts and rigorously peer reviewed studies over opinion, youtube videos and conspiracism. Not accepting all the scientific evidence of COVID as genuine is denial not critical thinking. Majority take vaccines to protect the elderly and sick (young and old). To minimise COVID deaths and not overwhelm our health system we’re told to lockdown and do things like wear masks.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
I have a science degree and I’m well versed in critical thinking. Nothing is 100% but I’ll back scientific consensus, facts and rigorously peer reviewed studies over opinion, youtube videos and conspiracism. Not accepting all the scientific evidence of COVID as genuine is denial not critical thinking. Majority take vaccines to protect the elderly and sick (young and old). To minimise COVID deaths and not overwhelm our health system we’re told to lockdown and do things like wear masks.
Ahh the old ‘I have a __ degree line. Whoopdee fokin doo!

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it“

I am prescribing you with a dose of common sense & sanity. Sit back, get comfy and listen; advice from a motherly Doctor?

AFL Club
Brisbane
Her claims in this video are widely discredited and contrary to the weight of scientific evidence and recommendations from infectious disease experts and epidemiologists. She is an anti-vax physician who resonates most with COVID deniers, Fox News and Trump supporters. Dr Norman Swan (Physician; Coronacast podcast) and Prof Mary-Louise McLaws (Epidemiologist) are not afraid to critique Australian government approaches and others around the world, however, they present scientific evidence that refutes many of the claims Dr Victory is making.

AFL Club
Collingwood

RE: ...........to fine the public $200 for not wearing a mask outside of the home is absolute totalitarian madness.........

If it's mandatory to wear a mask, but some people refuse to follow the law and not wear a mask, how do you suggest we make these people follow the law?

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Her claims in this video are widely discredited and contrary to the weight of scientific evidence and recommendations from infectious disease experts and epidemiologists. She is an anti-vax physician who resonates most with COVID deniers, Fox News and Trump supporters. Dr Norman Swan (Physician; Coronacast podcast) and Prof Mary-Louise McLaws (Epidemiologist) are not afraid to critique Australian government approaches and others around the world, however, they present scientific evidence that refutes many of the claims Dr Victory is making.
When it comes to Covid 19 or any coronavirus...it matters not whether someone is pro-vaccine or anti-vaccine.[Dr Victory does not claim to be either in this presentation]

Why? Well..what do all strains of coronavirus have in common ?

They are all related to the common cold. Why then have we not been able to develop a vaccine against the common cold ?

Because it MUTATES...EVERY winter.

What does this mean ? It means that ALL coronavirus’s MUTATE. You would need a new vaccine every winter that ANTICIPATES the MUTATION ...same as the flu shot...which is unreliable.

But I guess you knew all of this right....you know, because your a man of science with a ‘science degree’ who only considers what has been ‘scientifically proven’.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
RE: ...........to fine the public $200 for not wearing a mask outside of the home is absolute totalitarian madness.........

If it's mandatory to wear a mask, but some people refuse to follow the law and not wear a mask, how do you suggest we make these people follow the law?
Is it a law to wear a condom every time you get laid ?

Apparently STD’s are on the rise?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
When it comes to Covid 19 or any coronavirus...it matters not whether someone is pro-vaccine or anti-vaccine.[Dr Victory does not claim to be either in this presentation]

Why? Well..what do all strains of coronavirus have in common ?

They are all related to the common cold. Why then have we not been able to develop a vaccine against the common cold ?

Because it MUTATES...EVERY winter.

What does this mean ? It means that ALL coronavirus’s MUTATE. You would need a new vaccine every winter that ANTICIPATES the MUTATION ...same as the flu shot...which is unreliable.

But I guess you knew all of this right....you know, because your a man of science with a ‘science degree’ who only considers what has been ‘scientifically proven’.
I thought the common cold was a type of rhinovirus, not a coronavirus.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Ahh the old ‘I have a __ degree line. Whoopdee fokin doo!

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it“

I am prescribing you with a dose of common sense & sanity. Sit back, get comfy and listen; advice from a motherly Doctor?

I watched the video and yeah, I thought gee, she makes a lot of sense! Why don't the leaders in the world follow her common sense. So I checked further and found the following:

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/...video-includes-claims-that-are-not-facts.html
Fact Check: Dr. Kelly Victory's 'COVID Facts' Video Includes Many Claims That Are NOT Facts
Does a video by Dr. Kelly Victory that promises to discuss "COVID facts" deliver all factual claims?
No, that's not true: Lead Stories identified at least 10 "facts" that are false, including claims that children are at "virtually no risk" from the novel coronavirus, that social distancing is "not an established public health concept," and that there is "no scientific justification" for wearing face masks to protect against the spread of COVID-19, and that masks are a health risk. Peer-reviewed scientific articles, guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and responses from other medical experts dispute Victory's claims.