Discussion COVID-19 Lockdown: General Discussion

At post #118 Freowho/Bermi have a picture. Do you think

• Speccy 1 is better

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Speccy 2 is better

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Another 2 frames should be added to complete the action!

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • The guy on the bottom got kneed in the face!

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems a bit odd but you also have to consider bottlenecks like doorways, toilets, kitchens etc.
Golf courses for example are massive areas but there is a lot of congregating around the pro shop, toilets, putting green etc.
I can see the bottlenecks as a problem. People cannot be relied upon to follow the distancing protocol, as seen in other countries and as Bondi Beach recently. Major Supermarkets seem to have distancing (and sanitising) under control though, so Restaurants should be able to cater safely for a larger number of patrons, more than 10 people.

People will have to learn to adjust to a new life style. So the minority doesn't spoil it for the majority, enforcement will have to be implemented. At the beginning, security guards may be employed and/or police would have to be called.

Anyway, many restaurants won't open because catering for 10 people would not be profitable, unless combining it with takeaways maybe.

AFL Club
Collingwood
This reminds me of the first time, while sitting outside the fish and chips shop, I tossed some chips to the begging seagulls.
Another time, barbequing beside the beach and a flock of seagulls started to surround me. I turned around for a moment and when I looked back, one sausage was gone.

The first woman to buy fish & chips after easing restrictions…

Fish & chips after lockdown.jpg

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

“Absolutely not true ‘Darce’ (Luke Darcy),” he said on Triple M.

“I only knew about this account on Sunday night, so all the detractors on social media that bag me they’re now criticising an account that I know nothing about suggesting that it’s me and I don’t know anything about the account.”

Asked whether someone close to him might’ve created the account, Browne said there was no indication that was the case.

“Absolutely no one I know to the best of my knowledge unless my Mum’s got some secret fascination for Twitter, Darce,” he said.

“But no, it’s not.

“I’ve got no idea who this is, I think they’re stitching me up. Perhaps a colleague or someone out there creating lots of buzz among all the journalists, ‘Geez, someone’s sticking up for Tom Browne’. I’ve got no idea what’s going on, I’ll just keep trying to do my job and break some stories.”

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've taken to investing in the sharemarket to pass the time. Something I have long been interested in. Although not a great time to enter the market, it's been fun researching different ETF's and what to do. I'm only 24 so hoping by the time I'm 65-70 (if I make it that far), I'll have a portfolio to be proud of.
Also for those interested, the ASX runs a free sharemarket game for the public. Might be a neat little alternative to SC.
One to keep an eye on either currently/ in the future:
Fastbrick Robotics:
https://www.fbr.com.au/
https://www.asx.com.au/asx/share-price-research/company/FBR

AFL Club
Collingwood

We've been let down by politicians, selfish individuals and now non nonsensical business promotions.

This is so heartbreaking as a business owner...............
Really disappointing!

Human Beings are not the best species on this planet, hmmm. We range from blockheads to geniuses, so I don't see the Coronavirus being under control until a vaccine is developed.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Really disappointing!

Human Beings are not the best species on this planet, hmmm. We range from blockheads to geniuses, so I don't see the Coronavirus being under control until a vaccine is developed.
We better hope the geniuses defy history and produce a vaccine. And a few other geniuses pop up and help us establish an economy equivalent to pre-Covid19 whilst we await the cure.