Discussion Cricket Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
I have no info on it, but you've got to think its now definitely down to just not being liked by those in the powerful position. As the years go on I think we'll eventually get a better understanding of whats actually gone on when Maxy's career is over.
Cheers mate , I thought maybe a change of coach or captain may have helped him , but it would appear not.

Might be Chappell and Hohn's who have stamped his papers then , I hope for Maxy's sake he scored a truck load of runs in the domestic season , goes to the World Cup then tells everyone to shove it and join the T20 circuit and makes millions.

AFL Club
Collingwood
JLT One-Day Cup: All the squads
Take a closer look at who's in and who's out for this month's JLT One-Day Cup
Cricket Network
13 September 2018, 10:02 AM

NSW Blues
After a tumultuous off-season, the Blues have named three uncapped players in a squad that will be led by new skipper Peter Nevill. Despite their youthful look, the likes of Moises Henriques, Daniel Hughes and Steve O'Keefe are class players and the Blues could be boosted by the return of star quicks Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins later in the tournament.

Squad: Peter Nevill (c), Sean Abbott, Harry Conway, Trent Copeland, Jack Edwards, Mickey Edwards, Ryan Gibson, Moises Henriques, Daniel Hughes, Nick Larkin, Stephen O'Keefe, Kurtis Patterson, Daniel Sams, Jason Sangha

Queensland
With five players unavailable due to Test selection, Chris Lynn will captain a young Bulls side in what will be the skipper's first domestic one-day cup campaign in five years. Joe Burns will be looking to put his Test omission behind him with a big tournament while allrounder Jack Wildermuth, spinner Mitchell Swepson and towering quick Billy Stanlake will also be key players having represented Australia over the winter.

Squad: Chris Lynn (c), Xavier Bartlett, Max Bryant, Joe Burns, Luke Feldman, Sam Heazlett, Charlie Hemphrey, Lachlan Pfeffer, Jack Prestwidge, Billy Stanlake, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Sam Truloff, Jack Wildermuth

South Australia
Apart from the absence of Travis Head due to his call-up to the Test squad, the Redbacks will field largely the same side that reached the final last season. Jake Lehmann has been elevated to the captaincy and will be boosted by an international quality bowling attack and a top three featuring Jake Weatherald, Alex Carey and in-form veteran Callum Ferguson.

Squad: Jake Lehmann (c), Alex Carey, Tom Cooper, Callum Ferguson, Spencer Johnson, Joe Mennie, Harry Nielsen, Kane Richardson, Alex Ross, Chadd Sayers, Cameron Valente, Jake Weatherald, Daniel Worrall, Adam Zampa

Tasmania
With only Tim Paine away on Test duty, the Tigers have named a strong squad featuring a host of former internationals and a handful of promising youngsters. George Bailey and Matthew Wade will be well supported by the likes of Ben McDermott and Jake Doran with the bat while Jackson Bird and James Faulkner will lead a strong bowling attack. The fact that off-season recruit Gurinder Sandhu has not been included in the initial Tigers squad underlines their quality.

Squad: George Bailey (c), Jackson Bird, Nicholas Buchanan, Jake Doran, James Faulkner, Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Simon Milenko, Tom Rogers, Clive Rose, Jordan Silk, Aaron Summers, Matthew Wade, Beau Webster

Victoria
The absence of Aaron Finch, Peter Siddle and Jon Holland due to international duty has been o***et for the Vics by the surprise Test omissions of Glenn Maxwell and skipper Peter Handscomb. There are three teenagers in the squad, led by exciting leg-spinning recruit Tom O'Connell, while dumped Blues batsman Nic Maddinson will also be looking to make an impact for his new state.

Squad: Peter Handscomb (c), Scott Boland, Jackson Coleman, Travis Dean, Sebastian Gotch, Marcus Harris, Mackenzie Harvey, Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell, Tom O'Connell, Matt Short, Will Sutherland, Chris Tremain, Cameron White

Western Australia
The Warriors will be without the Marsh brothers due to Test duty but will still field a strong side for their title defence. Spinner Ashton Agar will play the first two games before heading the UAE, adding to an international quality bowling attack featuring star quicks Nathan Coulter-Nile, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye and Joel Paris. BBL star D'Arcy Short looks set for an extended run as an opener and keep an eye on damaging allrounder Marcus Stoinis in the middle order.

Squad: Ashton Turner (c), Ashton Agar, Hilton Cartwright, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Cameron Green, Josh Inglis, Matt Kelly, Joel Paris, Josh Philippe, Jhye Richardson, D’Arcy Short, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye, Jonathan Wells

* Interestingly Ben Cutting (and Ben Laughlin) have signed up for the Afghanistan Premier League to be held in the UAE from October 5 to October 23

AFL Club
Collingwood
Bravo brothers, Pollard, Simmons edge closer to West Indies returns

The Bravo brothers, Kieron Pollard and Lendl Simmons have all made themselves available for the Trinidad and Tobago Red Force in Cricket West Indies' upcoming Super50 Tournament, in another step towards returning to the national side for the 2019 World Cup in England.

Hopefully they and others like Gayle, Narine, Russell , ,Samuels etc will make themselves available for the World Cup and the Windies can select their best side.

T20/T10 commitments clash with the Windies series against India and Bangladesh this year, so we will see what happens in the home series against England for the ODI & T20 which will clash with the Pakistan Super League (Feb 14 - March 17)

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
lets see how long it takes for calls for Will Sutherland to be in the Australian side :)

5/35 after 8 overs against Queensland including Lynnsanity for a duck
What a start to the summer of cricket. Swepson of all people almost getting QLD over the line.

Maddinson and O'Connell nice debuts for the VICs. Bryant also whacked a quick fire 40 odd for QLD.

AFL Club
Collingwood
What a start to the summer of cricket. Swepson of all people almost getting QLD over the line.

Maddinson and O'Connell nice debuts for the VICs. Bryant also whacked a quick fire 40 odd for QLD.
Is O'Connell the boom young leggie the Vic's got from SA ?

Does this mean Fawad Ahmed has lost his contract ? I notice he is doing well in CPL.

Given Boyce and Zampa have failed to live up to expectations and the jury is still out on Swepson (maybe he is a all rounder) be curious to see how O'Connell and Pope go this season.

Good reports on Bryant as well.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is O'Connell the boom young leggie the Vic's got from SA ?

Does this mean Fawad Ahmed has lost his contract ? I notice he is doing well in CPL.

Given Boyce and Zampa have failed to live up to expectations and the jury is still out on Swepson (maybe he is a all rounder) be curious to see how O'Connell and Pope go this season.

Good reports on Bryant as well.
Yep it is. He has joined my premier club also. But not sure we will see him much given he'll be in the VIC side by the looks of it.

Yeah Fawad lost his contract, O'Connell is on a full contract.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep it is. He has joined my premier club also. But not sure we will see him much given he'll be in the VIC side by the looks of it.

Yeah Fawad lost his contract, O'Connell is on a full contract.
Cheers mate

Good luck keeping to him , what are his main strengths as a leggie ?

Has Warnie popped down to see him ?

Geez Fawad was a interesting one , fast tracked his citizenship , regular net bowler , reports players ranked him on par with MacGill , went on one tour and was never given the opportunity.

Something not right about the whole thing.

Hope he keeps his Thunder contract , enjoy watching him bowl.

Seems a lot of countries are using (good) leggies in T20 now.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Phil Nevill out of the JLT Cup with a broken thumb , Lenton to WK , Patterson to be Captain.

And D'Arcy Short is out of WA's first game after been bitten by his dog , not sure if related to de Goeys dog or not.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Sri Lanka out of the Asian Cup after being beaten by Afghanistan overnight , led by Rashid , Mujeeb , Nabi & co.

India yet to play but up against Hong Kong in their first match.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Would like to see Rory Burns get a go. A run machine at county level.
you are a good judge :)

Squad announced

Jennings , Burns , Denly , Root (C) , Ollie Pope
Bairstow , Buttler
Curran , Stokes , Woakes
Ali , Leach , Rashid
Anderson , Broad , Olly Stone

AFL Club
Collingwood
D'Arcy Short double hundred in today's JLT game.

257 from 148 balls
15 x 4's , 23 x 6's

came in at 3

incredible

wonder if Lynnsanity can match it

PS 3rd highest List A Score in history behind:-

Ali Brown (Surrey) 268 v Glamorgan in 2002
Rohit Sharma (India) 264 v Sri Lanka (ODI Record) in 2014

previous highest in Australia by Ben Dunk (Tasmania) 229* v Queensland in 2014

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pakistan 17 man Squad for the 2 Tests

Squad: Azhar Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam, Asad Shafiq, Haris Sohail, Usman Salahuddin, Sarfraz Ahmed (capt & wk), Yasir Shah, Shadab Khan, Bilal Asif, Mohammad Abbas, Hasan Ali, Wahab Riaz, Faheem Ashraf, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Rizwan

AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought this was interesting, what do you think?
my first thought was I hope they have hi-speed Internet available in the UAE in case they need Hazlewood considering he is in Australia :)

pretty much thought M Marsh was a given to be VC , not sure why they have chosen 2 vices , not sure on Hazlewood's leadership skills.

I guess it depends if Smith is given back the captaincy when he returns or waits 12 months , so does Paine keep the job until 2020.

Be curious to see who the ODI captain is against SA , whether they stick with Paine or give it to Finch , or now Marsh & Hazlewood come into the picture.

Hoping the responsibility lifts Marsh's performances because I am sure the critics will be after him in a test or 2.

Paine still has dodgy fingers as well.

Will be a interesting summer.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
my first thought was I hope they have hi-speed Internet available in the UAE in case they need Hazlewood considering he is in Australia :)

pretty much thought M Marsh was a given to be VC , not sure why they have chosen 2 vices , not sure on Hazlewood's leadership skills.

I guess it depends if Smith is given back the captaincy when he returns or waits 12 months , so does Paine keep the job until 2020.

Be curious to see who the ODI captain is against SA , whether they stick with Paine or give it to Finch , or now Marsh & Hazlewood come into the picture.

Hoping the responsibility lifts Marsh's performances because I am sure the critics will be after him in a test or 2.

Paine still has dodgy fingers as well.

Will be a interesting summer.
Some interesting points above.

I'm not sure about having two vice captains. Although it seems to work in the AFL, in cricket the captains actually do a bit more on field, so it's slightly different.

I do like that a bowler has been selected - I think we have some entrenched views in Australian cricket, and I'm not sure the view that the captain and vice captain have to be batsmen is entirely justified. I would have thought Hazlewood could be close to last on that list though, given Lyon is fully entrenched, durable, and sings the team song, Cummins has been lauded for his leadership ability, and Starc is most senior of the quicks and probably the one who will play all three formats?

It's a good point above re Marsh. I always dislike choosing a player who isn't locked in the side as a captain or vice, because they end up giving them far too long a rope form wise. Someone named Marsh, who also happens to be an all rounder, probably gets a long enough rope as it is.

I assume they have chosen these three because they think they are squeaky clean, in which case that's probably fair enough.