Cricket Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
What makes you say we lacked a 5th bowler?
There 9 for at end of day 1, combo of some elite fielding and terrible shot selection.
What makes you say we lacked a 5th bowler?
There 9 for at end of day 1, combo of some elite fielding and terrible shot selection.
At 4/41 we should have been batting by tea , supposedly the best bowling 4 some we have ever had in history.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Siddle is staying in Adelaide for the whole Test so suspect he could be the one to come in for the Big 3.

By all accounts the new Perth Stadium is bouncy and fast , where is Doggett & Jyhe Richardson ?

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pakistani leg spinner, Yasir Shar has become the quickest to reach 200 test wickets. He has reached the milestone in his 33rd test, breaking Clarrie Grimmett’s 82 year old record of 36 tests.
This is a genuinely significant record in my opinion (not all of them are).

200 wickets has been a challenging, but attainable, benchmark for most of Test cricket’s history ... so being the fastest to reach that threshold is quite an achievement. And Shah broke it quite comfortably. He has 27 wickets in the current series - the next best is 12.

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fair to say the crowd at the ground today was very disappointing. There are three main stands, and 1 1/2 of them were predominantly empty all day.

I bought tickets a month or two ago and thought I was lucky to get good ones ... turns out that for much of the day I had three whole rows to myself!

AFL Club
Collingwood
This is a genuinely significant record in my opinion (not all of them are).

200 wickets has been a challenging, but attainable, benchmark for most of Test cricket’s history ... so being the fastest to reach that threshold is quite an achievement. And Shah broke it quite comfortably. He has 27 wickets in the current series - the next best is 12.
Amazingly Yasir Shah debuted in October 2014.

Grimmet played from 1925-1936.

Bradman played from 1928-1948 , 52 Tests (Hussey played the number in 4 years)

If Bradman played the same number of Innings as Border he would have scored 25,000+ Runs

AFL Club
Collingwood
Fair to say the crowd at the ground today was very disappointing. There are three main stands, and 1 1/2 of them were predominantly empty all day.

I bought tickets a month or two ago and thought I was lucky to get good ones ... turns out that for much of the day I had three whole rows to myself!
It was actually the second biggest attendance crowd for the 1st Day of Australia v India.

The heat certainly did not help , the hill was bare apart from those under the fig trees.

The stand opposite the members looked completely empty.

Problem with Adelaide crowd is their is probably 5,000 + behind the members in the hospitality tents who don't watch a ball live.

Think they said it was 22,000.

Gold coin donation after tea each day might help , bit wait the Govt has decided to close the entire rail network on the weekend.

Oh and they were peeved off they lost the D/N test which only really needs lights for 2 hours so theoretically should be played from 5pm to midnight to actually be a day/night test

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was actually the second biggest attendance crowd for the 1st Day of Australia v India.

The heat certainly did not help , the hill was bare apart from those under the fig trees.

The stand opposite the members looked completely empty.

Problem with Adelaide crowd is their is probably 5,000 + behind the members in the hospitality tents who don't watch a ball live.

Think they said it was 22,000.

Gold coin donation after tea each day might help , bit wait the Govt has decided to close the entire rail network on the weekend.

Oh and they were peeved off they lost the D/N test which only really needs lights for 2 hours so theoretically should be played from 5pm to midnight to actually be a day/night test
That's an interesting stat, this being the second best opening day for India.

I suppose it says a lot about historical crowds, although I think this would be the first or second time India have played at the redeveloped ground, and this seems to be as strong a touring side as they have pulled together.

Interestingly there also seemed to be very few Indian supporters. At the T20 matches it appeared that they were in the majority!

Apparently there were 55,000 for the Ashes under lights last year. Very different feel at the ground.

I wonder how much of this is driven by what happened in SA, versus the other factors. I think the Big Bash crowds will probably give a decent indication.

AFL Club
Collingwood
That's an interesting stat, this being the second best opening day for India.

I suppose it says a lot about historical crowds, although I think this would be the first or second time India have played at the redeveloped ground, and this seems to be as strong a touring side as they have pulled together.

Interestingly there also seemed to be very few Indian supporters. At the T20 matches it appeared that they were in the majority!

Apparently there were 55,000 for the Ashes under lights last year. Very different feel at the ground.

I wonder how much of this is driven by what happened in SA, versus the other factors. I think the Big Bash crowds will probably give a decent indication.
I am not sure how much ticket prices are anymore , bit food and drinks are very over priced.

First thing that struck me was how bad the crowd was , was fully expecting 25,000 screaming Indians to see King Kohli.

Be curious to see how Sat and Sun crowds are.

SA would have a lot to do with , most of the Big Bash games are 45,000 + for the Strikers but some are there for the game , some for the entertainment , some are there for the sake of being there.

Another Scorcher tomorrow , load up on frozen drinks and snacks b4 you go , I think they allow you to take it in.

Should be a good day to see how the Aussies can bat.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Trent Copeland unavailable for NSW's Shield game because he is doing the "big screen TV" analysis for Channel 7 in Adelaide.

seriously !!!!!!

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am not sure how much ticket prices are anymore , bit food and drinks are very over priced.

First thing that struck me was how bad the crowd was , was fully expecting 25,000 screaming Indians to see King Kohli.

Be curious to see how Sat and Sun crowds are.

SA would have a lot to do with , most of the Big Bash games are 45,000 + for the Strikers but some are there for the game , some for the entertainment , some are there for the sake of being there.

Another Scorcher tomorrow , load up on frozen drinks and snacks b4 you go , I think they allow you to take it in.

Should be a good day to see how the Aussies can bat.
Thanks mate - you’re right about food. $6.90 for a Powerade I think, must add up quickly for families.

I reckon tomorrow’s crowd will be quite telling, especially if it’s cooler.

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Victoria 3/311
South Australia 5/315

Why couldn’t anyone bat when the national selectors were watching the last couple of rounds?

Oh, Tasmania 167 and Queensland 8/86 in reply. That’s more like it!