Discussion Cricket Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
How does someone make 130odd and not win man of the match
pretty easy really , you have someone take 2 wickets in 3 balls including Kohli after they are already 1 down , game is pretty much already over , no matter how well Rohit batted.

Then come back and take a extra 2 to finish with 4/26 out of a 254 score

AFL Club
Collingwood
Great looking figures ... if they can't bother televising it FTA then my interest dwindles ... until I get my Foxtel back online and have nothing better to watch.
they sucked a lot of people in with their "new home of cricket" and "more cricket on TV" advertising

don't have much interest in the ODI game to be honest

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
they sucked a lot of people in with their "new home of cricket" and "more cricket on TV" advertising

don't have much interest in the ODI game to be honest
Me either - stopped watching it years ago once the novelty wore off. Same boring tactics these days - only really need to watch the first 6 and last 6 overs so might as just watch the highlights package.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Me either - stopped watching it years ago once the novelty wore off. Same boring tactics these days - only really need to watch the first 6 and last 6 overs so might as just watch the highlights package.
Agree

Bat for the first powerplay , milk it around from 11-40 then have a whack at the end.

I actually wish they would get rid of it completely (too much money in TV advertising though) and just have Tests & T20's.

The new ODI League starting this year might give some more meaning to series , but even then teams are only playing 8 teams out of a possible 13 over the period.

Always thought if they allowed 1 or 2 bowler's unlimited overs it would be more interesting.

A bowler gets limited now by only being allowed 10 overs , penalised for wides , bouncers , batsmen changing grips affecting field placings etc yet a batsmen can bat the full match and no restrictions on any of their shots.

AFL Club
Carlton
Great looking figures ... if they can't bother televising it FTA then my interest dwindles ... until I get my Foxtel back online and have nothing better to watch.
Tails Foxtel Go is free to subscribers and gives access to all channels in your subscription.

Get your ODI (and if I remember an earlier post NBA) fix

AFL Club
Collingwood
Carey 18
Finch 6
Khawaja 21

and please before the drums start beating too loudly remember Smith (rehab permitting) and Warner will in the side for the World Cup.

EDIT

Marsh , S
Handscomb 20
Stoinis 29

Last edited:

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Carey 18
Finch 6
Khawaja 21

and please before the drums start beating too loudly remember Smith (rehab permitting) and Warner will in the side for the World Cup.

EDIT

Marsh , S
Handscomb 20
Stoinis 29
It appears that everyone is now accepting that Warner will be straight back in (ie, no veto from the existing squad, seemingly just because we desperately need him on field). Not sure this is the best way to make this decision ... I hope it doesn't comment back to bite us.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
It appears that everyone is now accepting that Warner will be straight back in (ie, no veto from the existing squad, seemingly just because we desperately need him. Not sure this is the best way to make this decision ... I hope it doesn't comment back to bite us.
Personally I would not be picking him at all , think his days should definitely be numbered.

I know in the pass we have had dressing rooms with disharmony Waugh v Warne , Gilly v Warne , Katich v Pup , Pup v Watto etc etc but you still think they had respect for each other , this one feels different , UNLESS there is more to it than what is publically known.

I still have doubts that the Bowlers did not know anything about it , and why the TV crew were so keen on picking something up if it had never happened before.

I think it was Jaca who was saying home Smith is mentally prepared enough to walk back in and be the saviour.

I think.our cricket needs a lot more fixing than what Smith and Warner can provide

AFL Club
Collingwood
WI have recalled Bravo to the Test Squad after 2 years when he called the President a "Big Idiot"

Big series for England , especially Burns & Jennings.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Alzarri Joseph named in the squad as well after 1-2 years of injury , boy has some serious pace , although I think most of the WI pitches are slow and dead now.

AFL Club
Collingwood
CA XI

Renshaw 7
Burns 4
Labuschagne 6

it's Pucovski time 23

Ironic one of the batsmen not in the Test Squad is about to make a century

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Finch , Carey , Khawaja , Marsh , Handscomb , Stoinis , Maxwell.(Marsh)

suspect Smith will bat 4 , Warner opening so does that mean Khawaja & Handscomb miss ?

any chance they get Handscomb to keep and Carey misses out ?