Discussion Cricket Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
Bad for our chances, but good for the series. Happy to see them play.
Couple of solid days training ahead of them I guess , Boult in particular could be very dangerous with a pink ball.

CDG very vital to their team.

Been waiting years to see KW again.

Hopefully a good , hard fought close series.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Anderson , Bairstow & Wood the 3 most likely to be recalled to the England Squad.

Mahmood to miss out.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Play was suspended in the Sheffield Shield match at the MCG today due to a dangerous pitch, after multiple players got hit in the body. Don't want to see people getting hurt, but it is good to see the pitch isn't just a road before the test match, hoping they don't over react to this and make it completely boring.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Play was suspended in the Sheffield Shield match at the MCG today due to a dangerous pitch, after multiple players got hit in the body. Don't want to see people getting hurt, but it is good to see the pitch isn't just a road before the test match, hoping they don't over react to this and make it completely boring.
WORST PITCH OF ALL TIME - JAMAICA 1998 West Indies v England 1st test

AFL Club
Collingwood
WORST PITCH OF ALL TIME - JAMAICA 1998 West Indies v England 1st test

I remember another Test at Sir IVA Richards ground being abandoned after a couple of overs , but that might have been issues with the outfield and run ups , too much sand or something.

They ended up adding a Test at the old ground in Antigua.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Anderson , Bairstow & Wood the 3 most likely to be recalled to the England Squad.

Mahmood to miss out.
No unexpected surprises , same XV that went to NZ less Mahmood with the above 3 mentioned included.

Moeen Ali still remains unavailable for Test selection.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Match has now been abandoned.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Wow. They really need to get the MCG pitches right ... this is not a good sign with the biggest Test of the year coming up.
Matt Page should be one very worried person at the moment , if they get another poor pitch rating from the ICC , I think they lose International Cricket for 12 months.

CA might get their wish and have a Big Bash derby Xmas Eve at the G afterall ?

AFL Club
Sydney
Saw some of the deliveries that hit batsmen, and I reckon I’ve played on plenty pitches well worse than that, just haven’t had the same quality of bowling.

Stoinis didn’t even bother moving his feet to one that hit him (the ball was fairly full) so it gives you an idea of how the preparation of pitches is a vitally important part of our game. Hopefully it will be rectified in the next 2 weeks.

AFL Club
Collingwood
George out for a golden ? in his farewell innings for Tasmania.

Made the most of his ability , personally think he should have captained Australia a lot more in ODI's & T20I's.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Test Cricket returns to Pakistan after a 10 years absence (fingers crossed)

Pakistan have done a Gillespie and dropped their centurion form their last test (Yasir Shah) ok Dizzy's was a double

Usman Khan Shinwari on Test debut

no Fawad Alam :cry: