Discussion Cricket Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
The Thunder with Davies (21), Holt (22) and Gilkes (22) have terrific potential. But it's a bit of a log jam for spots at the moment with Khawaja and Cutting still going at 35/34 years old.
Hales , Khawaja , Billings , Cutting doesn't leave much room for others.

Similar to the Renegades need to get games into the kids before they go elsewhere.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hales , Khawaja , Billings , Cutting doesn't leave much room for others.

Similar to the Renegades need to get games into the kids before they go elsewhere.
I know it was for commercial (money) reasons but the more I look at the current lists, the more I think 2 internationals a game was the right number.

The Renegades last season at least started moving in the right direction in regards to younger players. But 38 year old Shaun Marsh was still their second highest run scorer. Perhaps they need to look at moving him down to 4 and bringing Harvey or McGurk into the top 3 more regularly.

The 'swap' between Webster and Maddinson has undone some of that work with Webster being 2 years younger than Maddinson.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I know it was for commercial (money) reasons but the more I look at the current lists, the more I think 2 internationals a game was the right number.

The Renegades last season at least started moving in the right direction in regards to younger players. But 38 year old Shaun Marsh was still their second highest run scorer. Perhaps they need to look at moving him down to 4 and bringing Harvey or McGurk into the top 3 more regularly.

The 'swap' between Webster and Maddinson has undone some of that work with Webster being 2 years younger than Maddinson.
It's certainly a fine balance , clubs playing for the "now" while CA probably wants them to fast track the development of the younger players.

I am all for quality , if clubs can attract 3 genuine OS star players then go for it , hopefully lifts the standard of play , attracts more spectators etc etc.

When we continue to get second/third rate OS players though 2 per team is probably even too much and probably better off giving the local players games.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Chris Cairns paralysed in his legs after suffering a spinal stroke when he underwent heart surgery.

Returned home to Canberra

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Chris Cairns paralysed in his legs after suffering a spinal stroke when he underwent heart surgery.

Returned home to Canberra
That’s terrible news. I must say that I feared it may be worse, so I’m pleased to hear he will be heading home.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Billings called up for England's 4th Test Squad as WK cover with Buttler unavailable , not sure what has happened to Foakes.

Woakes also included.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I have posted before but would have loved to see both Hong Kong & PNG involved in the Big Bash or as a minimum CA should invite them to join our one day domestic comp to help their development , the more games these countries have in different conditions should only help them.

Hong Kong has now lost Rath to Indian first class cricket along with Chapman a year or so ago back to New Zealand.

Think one of the PNG players was on the Renegades list a few seasons ago as a development player and Vala was a rookie at the Heat.

Give them a opportunity and who knows what could happen.
Rath has now qualified as a local player to play for Odisha in India's 2021-22 domestic season , still only 23 be interested if he can get a IPL contract in future years and see how far he can progress.