Discussion Cricket Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
England might have found one

107 & 102* (first time he has scored a πŸ’― in each Innings)

481 (8th highest) @ 60.13 this County season so far

Might have a future in the game πŸ˜‰

Sir Alastair Cook

In all honesty he would probably be a better option than every one they have tried since retiring

good sounding board for Ben as well

AFL Club
Collingwood
SA v Australia postponed Test series scrapped for 5 ODI & 3 T20I in August 2023.

Wanting the ODI's this summer played before the 3 Tests so as they don't clash with their new (here we go again) T20 League.

AFL Club
Collingwood
No shortage of cricket after the SL tour

Aug/Sep v Zim (3 X ODI) , v NZ (3 X ODI)

Sep tour India (3 X T20I)

Oct v WI (3 X T20I) , v Eng (3 X T20I)

Oct/Nov T20 World Cup

Nov v Eng (3 X ODI)

Dec v WI (2 Tests)

Dec/Jan v SA (3 Tests , 3 ODI)

Feb/Mar tour India (4 Tests)

AFL Club
Collingwood
Another one competing with the BBL. I assume they will be offering big money too.
Mega $ I would imagine , been in the pipeline for 2-3 years so interesting how CA reacts to try and maintain getting the premium OS players here.

Be funny if Cummins , Hazlewood , Smith , Starc & Warner are "allowed" to play in that competition instead of Big Bash.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mega $ I would imagine , been in the pipeline for 2-3 years so interesting how CA reacts to try and maintain getting the premium OS players here.

Be funny if Cummins , Hazlewood , Smith , Starc & Warner are "allowed" to play in that competition instead of Big Bash.
Someone - I think it may have even been you! - suggested that the BBL clubs need a separate pot of dollars from which to pay 1-2 marquee overseas players, which does make sense to me. It has to be a big name player though, not the 20th best English quick.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Someone - I think it may have even been you! - suggested that the BBL clubs need a separate pot of dollars from which to pay 1-2 marquee overseas players, which does make sense to me. It has to be a big name player though, not the 20th best English quick.
Their has been talk that the CA contracted players will be "allocated" a BBL club and that they will get a additional payment , think they are aiming for 2023-34.

Given OS players can get 2-3 times as much playing in the BPL for half the series length , we might end up with the 30th best English bat & quick , can only imagine what the UAE will be offering them.

BPL , PSL , CSA new T20 League , UAE T20 League all in competition to the Big Bash + International series.

Personally (CA will never do it) would have done a deal with the BCCI/IPL years ago and ran the Big Bash in a "clear" window sometime in October/November and actually made it the second best T20 domestic tournament in the world.

Might end up with OS players just coming for 2-3 weeks before jetting off elsewhere.

AFL Club
West Coast
Australian cricket is in mourning after the shock passing of Andrew Symonds, aged 46.

The former all-rounder passed away in a car accident on Saturday night outside Townsville, with his family confirming the tragic news on Sunday.

Symonds played 26 Tests and 238 ODIs for Australia and is a two-time World Cup winner.

He averaged 40.6 with the bat and 37.3 with the ball across his 26 Test matches.

πŸ˜³πŸ˜”

What on earth is going on with ex cricket players????

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Australian cricket is in mourning after the shock passing of Andrew Symonds, aged 46.

The former all-rounder passed away in a car accident on Saturday night outside Townsville, with his family confirming the tragic news on Sunday.

Symonds played 26 Tests and 238 ODIs for Australia and is a two-time World Cup winner.

He averaged 40.6 with the bat and 37.3 with the ball across his 26 Test matches.

πŸ˜³πŸ˜”

What on earth is going on with ex cricket players????