Cycling Discussion

AFL Club
Carlton
Great win by Gerrans. Nice for Green Edge to have a rider first over the finish line rather than the team bus.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah great start by the OricaGreenEdge team.

I must admit I thought it would take years before an Aussie owned/ran TDF team wouild show anything! OK its only tha start of the TDF but still quite exciting.

Also noticed there is some kind of fantasy comp for the TDF but hey have missed the start so will probably look inti it next year.

AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah great start by the OricaGreenEdge team.

I must admit I thought it would take years before an Aussie owned/ran TDF team wouild show anything! OK its only tha start of the TDF but still quite exciting.

Also noticed there is some kind of fantasy comp for the TDF but hey have missed the start so will probably look inti it next year.
I've entered in previous years but it was a fairly poor comp so you're not missing much.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Cycling Mega Thread

Not sure how many on here follow Le Tour de France so I may be the only one posting! Only time of the year I watch cycling but l love watching the Tour. Probably reminds me of my grandfather who followed cycling and the Tour fanatically.

Awesome start for Rohan Dennis, has set the bar and a good chance to hang on and win the first time trial.

AFL Club
St Kilda
I had no idea it was starting in the Netherlands this year, how wonderful the early stages will be.
Fantastic time for Rohan Dennis !

AFL Club
Carlton
I knew Dennis was talented but I thought Martin would comfortably beat him pre stage. Once Dennis broke 15 minutes I thought he'd win and was happy he held on.

Had a bet on Durbridge to beat Boom h2h and he lost by 2 seconds. Disappointing ride by Turbo Durbo.

I think Contador will miss the podium. 1 Qunintana, 2 Froome, 3 Nibali for me.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Andre Greipel takes the 2nd day, but Fabian Cancellara now wears yellow.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Whhhoooaaa wow, what a stack!
And they all fall down.

Stopped the race for quite awhile, and still a large pack still coming in.

GreenEdge terrible stage.

Fromme to yellow.

INCREDIBLE stage.

Aftermath will show more so.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Seems like a lot has been happening already. That fall looked huge!

In Japan at the moment so have only watched some highlights on my phone and followed the live blogging.

Back for the 2nd half of the tournament though, super excited. Love the tour!

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Just saw the dummy spit / frustration from Thibaut Pinot yesterday. Tour over being more than 6 minutes behind.

Can't believe he didn't jump on his teammates bike when it was offered. Claims his teammate is 10cm taller, but surely you just keep moving even if it means a few minutes on a wrong sized bike until you team car catches up to you.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Love watching the tour; the dulcet tones of Phil Liggert and Paul Sherwin talking c$&p for 4 hours in a row.

Still not convinced that having a strong team is all that important for a GC contender though.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Getting to the business end now in the Alps.

Hopefully Quintana keeps attacking and challenging and make for some fascinating viewing.

AFL Club
St Kilda
As always, awesome to see the chopper shots of the Alps and the beautiful villages and fields.
Next few stages the one's to watch as people lining the mountain tops are going to go completely nuts.

Am loving the tactical side as the field can very quickly get stretched out with breakaway groups pressing the pace of the peleton and things can get complicated for the overall leaders. Having your team mates deployed further up the road can help just as much as having them right beside you, depends on the situation.

Man, those descents down the mountains are crazy ! :)

AFL Club
Melbourne
It's a shame Froome is so far ahead. The Alps still make great TV but would be so much better if the yellow jersey was up for grabs!

AFL Club
St Kilda
Nibali top finish last night, but Quintana cut Froome's lead back.

What a great last mountain stage we'll have tonight.

AFL Club
St Kilda
What a climb by Quintana ! Awesome, gave it a shot, cut back 1 min 20, but not enough in the end.
Crowds at the top of the Alpe d'Huez were crazy, I want to be on Dutch corner, wow insane.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Someone told me one of the riders had a cup of urine tipped on him as he rode past...wat the!