Discussion Darts Discussion

AFL Club
Carlton
Made it through 8 days with no spoilers, only watched the final and caught up on the (dated but still some gems worth reading) posts here this afternoon.

Thought Smith would win because if I had to choose before the tournament would have gone for one of the welshmen.

Well done snakebite.

Hi all,

Whilst it only reached a small field of entry on site (and had it's flaws), I still thought the recent World's fantasy was a really good complement to the tournament. Which got me thinking that some of you would like to play a season long tournament, featuring the bigger events on the calendar.
With that said I'm going to be running a SCS Premier League over the course of 2022, culminating in the final event being the 2023 World Championship. I haven't got anything fancy set up yet, in terms of a google/excel entry form (I'm not too familiar with being able to develop something so that may be a work in progress), so it will be simple data entry for at least the early part of the season.

The fixture of the season will be as follows (fixture only announced until October) and throw off in just over 2 weeks at the Ladbrokes Masters.
SCSPL2022.png

Here is the current tournament bracket. Note: Whitlock is a replacement for Noppert
2022 Ladbrokes Masters Tournament Bracket.png

This is the intended scoring method for the Ladbrokes Masters. Entries can be simply posted in the thread or via PM to myself. If a participant chooses to PM their entry it will be disclosed after lockout has closed. Due to Covid, it would be wise to leave posting an entry until at the earliest Thursday 27th (however an early indication of participation would be encouraged and helpful). If I get something fancy set up in the meantime then I will post it here to enable easier entry.

A few things of note when team selecting:
*Player cost is simply PDC Order of Merit earnings. (This will be the method used all season long)
*Team size is 6 for the 1st/2nd round comprising 2 top 8 players and 4 remaining players (salary cap total $3mil). For those unfamiliar, top 8 players have a round 1 bye. QF/SF/Final stage team size is 4 players of any choice (again salary cap total $3mil)
*In the event that an entry exceeds value and the entry remains unamended at lockout, the lowest cost player exceeding value will be automatically transferred to the lowest cost player that doesn't exceed value. (eg a team 50K over budget that has selected White as cheapest player has no alternative selection. If Searle is next cheapest player he would be automatically substituted by Dolan who is the cheapest alternative to fit into salary constraints). Within time constraints of lockout, I will PM participant if I notice an over budget entry, but it falls on the participant themselves to calculate the cost of their team before submitting.
*Trading period will be announced after the completion of the 2nd round, and ahead of the final day's action. 2 free transfers awarded, with additional transfers charged at -4 (same format as the Worlds)
*Similar scoring to that of the World Championship, with the addition of 6 bonus points awarded for starting (and finishing with) the tournament winner, and 3 bonus points for trading in the tournament winner.
*Captain x2 and VC x1.5 for both rounds of the tournament and all avenues of scoring in the chart. Changes in C/VC may occur during trading period. Please be clear and concise of choices. Default captaincy will revert to highest and 2nd highest valued players if not stipulated.
*Should there be a withdrawal during a tournament, that is the luck of the draw, and no replacement player or points will be awarded.

2022 Ladbrokes Masters.png
I will update the charts should there be any further player withdrawals prior to the 1st event.
I intend to advertise event #2 Cazoo Premier League once the field is set, and immediately after the conclusion of the Ladbrokes Masters.

I know that's a fair bit to take in, but I'd rather be clear on the expectation of participants, than have a situation arise where someone feels cheated. Any questions, ask away or PM me. The more the merrier so all are welcome.

Regards,
Andrew

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi all,

Whilst it only reached a small field of entry on site (and had it's flaws), I still thought the recent World's fantasy was a really good complement to the tournament. Which got me thinking that some of you would like to play a season long tournament, featuring the bigger events on the calendar.
With that said I'm going to be running a SCS Premier League over the course of 2022, culminating in the final event being the 2023 World Championship. I haven't got anything fancy set up yet, in terms of a google/excel entry form (I'm not too familiar with being able to develop something so that may be a work in progress), so it will be simple data entry for at least the early part of the season.

The fixture of the season will be as follows (fixture only announced until October) and throw off in just over 2 weeks at the Ladbrokes Masters.
View attachment 38056

Here is the current tournament bracket. Note: Whitlock is a replacement for Noppert
View attachment 38058

This is the intended scoring method for the Ladbrokes Masters. Entries can be simply posted in the thread or via PM to myself. If a participant chooses to PM their entry it will be disclosed after lockout has closed. Due to Covid, it would be wise to leave posting an entry until at the earliest Thursday 27th (however an early indication of participation would be encouraged and helpful). If I get something fancy set up in the meantime then I will post it here to enable easier entry.

*Player cost is simply PDC Order of Merit earnings. (This will be the method used all season long)
*Team size is 6 for the 1st/2nd round comprising 2 top 8 players and 4 remaining players (salary cap total $3mil). For those unfamiliar, top 8 players have a round 1 bye. QF/SF/Final stage team size is 4 players of any choice (again salary cap total $3mil)
*In the event that an entry exceeds value and the entry remains unamended at lockout, the lowest cost player exceeding value will be automatically transferred to the lowest cost player that doesn't exceed value. (eg a team 50K over budget that has selected White as cheapest player has no alternative selection. If Searle is next cheapest player he would be automatically substituted by Dolan who is the cheapest alternative to fit into salary constraints). Within time constraints of lockout, I will PM participant if I notice an over budget entry, but it falls on the participant themselves to calculate the cost of their team before submitting.
*Trading period will be announced after the completion of the 2nd round, and ahead of the final day's action. 2 free transfers awarded, with additional transfers charged at -4 (same format as the Worlds)
*Similar scoring to that of the World Championship, with the addition of 6 bonus points awarded for starting the tournament winner, and 3 bonus points for trading in the tournament winner.
*Captain x2 and VC x1.5 for both rounds of the tournament and all avenues of scoring in the chart. Changes in C/VC may occur during trading period. Please be clear and concise of choices. Default captaincy will revert to highest and 2nd highest valued players if not stipulated.
*Should there be a withdrawal during a tournament, that is the luck of the draw, and no replacement player or points will be awarded.

View attachment 38057
I will update the charts should there be any further player withdrawals prior to the 1st event.
I intend to advertise event #2 Cazoo Premier League once the field is set, and immediately after the conclusion of the Ladbrokes Masters.

I know that's a fair bit to take in, but I'd rather be clear on the expectation of participants, than have a situation arise where someone feels cheated. Any questions, ask away or PM me. The more the merrier so all are welcome.

Regards,
Andrew
Wow, that looks like a lot of work on your behalf. Count me in at this stage, but if possible, could you please send me a reminder a day or so before hand so I remember to enter (Public Holiday on the 26th, so I should have plenty of time)?

I enjoyed the WDC comp, more of the same seems a great idea. Looking forward to it!

AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi all,

View attachment 38056

View attachment 38058

*Similar scoring to that of the World Championship, with the addition of 6 bonus points awarded for starting (and finishing with) the tournament winner, and 3 bonus points for trading in the tournament winner.

View attachment 38057

Regards,
Andrew
I'm in. (y)I have picked my team and will PM you nearer the time.