Position Defence Rookies

Which Defence rookies will you be taking into round 1?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BigRuss

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As we near the start of the season and the drop of the all important round 1 teams, I thought it would be an enlightening little exercise to see where the site as a collective sits on the rookie situation.

I've made a poll (hope I've done it right) for each line (excluding rucks) to allow us to gauge who appear to be the most selected rookies by the site.

As to DPP players, if they are M/F or D/M I've included them in their non midfield positions. D/F players are included on both lines.

I've tried to include the most popular choices though if I've forgotten anyone feel free to let me know and I'll try to rectify it.

Thanks to everyone that participates.

BigRuss

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ive selected Collins, Scrimshaw, Clark, Duursma & Hore for mine.

Duursma is likely to end up in the mids for me though as I think we'll have enough def rookies to fill the four spots I need without him.

AFL Club
West Coast
At the moment Collins, Scrimshaw, Clark, Duursma (McKay, Hore) with Burgess forward.

Not sure I’ll keep that structure though.
Have considered this, however, feels to aggressive for me. McKay looks a poor scorer, Collins and Schrimshaw seem a little hit a miss and does Hore last more than a week. Feels safer to lose McKay, maybe to Ridley. Provides one more on field option.

AFL Club
Essendon
Have considered this, however, feels to aggressive for me. McKay looks a poor scorer, Collins and Schrimshaw seem a little hit a miss and does Hore last more than a week. Feels safer to lose McKay, maybe to Ridley. Provides one more on field option.
Yeah you’re not wrong. There’s certainly an element of risk with this type of structure. FWIW my team changes on an almost hourly basis at this stage of the year so there’s every chance I’ll straighten up when teams drop.

Woodsey

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw, Clark, Hore for me with Burgess in the fwd line.
Going light in the backline this year with a 1-2-5. All of this of course is dependent on team selections.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I got rid of collins and duursma yesterday. With thompson out with an acl collins takes the number 1 forward and has to defend rather than run around taking marks. Duursma i needed the 7k! Also i think he is likely to be first out for hartlett and broady after a coupe of rounds. Who knows. Its too confusing. I'll stop changing my side when the music stops.

AFL Club
Essendon
I’ve taken Scrimshaw out and brought in Ridley.

I had been running three on field rookies in defence, and if Scrimshaw isn’t really a sure thing, could be tricky to reshuffle structure as Duursma / Hore also don’t have rock solid JS.

I’m pretty comfortable with the JS of Ridley.

It’s mainly becoming a bit more keen on the downgrade of Sloane to BCrouch that has allowed this.

Hondo

350 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
I got rid of collins and duursma yesterday. With thompson out with an acl collins takes the number 1 forward and has to defend rather than run around taking marks. Duursma i needed the 7k! Also i think he is likely to be first out for hartlett and broady after a coupe of rounds. Who knows. Its too confusing. I'll stop changing my side when the music stops.
I think it’s better to scrape cash out of your premiums or so called rather than the better looking rookies. Also having that $30-$60k spare to correct to who you need to in R3.

I’m seeing a few cash strapped teams or X v Y’s taking out the better rookies. It could be the right call but, if not, you will look back later and regret taking the cheap rookies more than than you will be cheaper premium.

Round 3 corrections to bring in expensive rookies can break teams if you haven’t set aside enough breathing space for higher priced rookies in your starting squad.