Position Defender Discussion

Which players caught your eye after Marsh 1...?

• D Houston

• D Byrne-Jones

• J Dawson

• J Crisp

• H Clark

• L Weller

• C Blakely

• W Milera

• J Short

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
AFL Club
Geelong
So is Houston more popular now. Fair chance we wont have bye rounds this year, you'd think.
I'm happy to take Houston, but also have no issue at all downgrading him to Roberton should I need cash for other rookies (which feels kinda inevitable).

If Roberton gets within 10 points of Houston then I'm more than happy to take the 220k saving on Roberton.

Where is everyone at on Roberton? Am I mad for not auto-picking him?

AFL Club
West Coast
I'm happy to take Houston, but also have no issue at all downgrading him to Roberton should I need cash for other rookies (which feels kinda inevitable).

If Roberton gets within 10 points of Houston then I'm more than happy to take the 220k saving on Roberton.

Where is everyone at on Roberton? Am I mad for not auto-picking him?
I haven't necessarily been convinced by him either but some people seem to think he'll average 90 (I don't see it personally) so if you see him getting to say 80 then he would still be a good get in these uncertain times

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Williams played mid end of last year though.
Yeh he did by the end, I'm just saying if he is lining up in defence with the like's of Hately/Green still in the team and 1 of Ash,Cumming are playing defence with him. It is more likely that Hately or Green get dropped for Ward.

Are people thinking Roberton will be a good pick at his price?
I suspect shorter games are going to be to his advantage, coming from a long layoff.

On the flip side the possibility of playing games on a compressed schedule probably doesn't work in his favour and he might be a target for being "rested" in select rounds with tight turnaround times in that situation.

AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone considering Jayden Short after the Houli calf injury? Priced at 64.
Short is more the last link in the chain,gets the ball,runs straight and kicks long. After Rance went down,all Tiger defenders saw an increase in scoring with more chipping around,except for stoppers like Ashbury and Broad. Grimes,Houli,Vlaustin and Baker all increased their averages while Short went backwards from 83 in ‘18, to 65 in ‘19 (yet he averaged the same amount of possessions in both years , 17)

AFL Club
Fremantle
Went from having a pretty stacked backline to stripping it back and going more "midpriced". Is this too speculative?

Houston, Smith, Docherty (locked), Roberton, Noble, BZT (Brander, Starcevich)

AFL Club
Collingwood
Ive got Sicily, Houston, Crisp, Docerty, Zerk-Thatcher, Brander/ Starcevich, Balley.J Williams is that balanced enough