Div 2: Grand Final GV Vikings v Moneyball FC Discussion Thread

AFL Club
Melbourne
Well here we are after a long season and many ups and downs, there are only 2 teams left with a shot at SCDL Diviison 2 glory.

SDCL Division 2 Grand Final

Goulburn Valley Vikings v MoneyBall FC

MoneyBall FC is currently on a 11 game winning streak and has rocketed up the ladder since being on the bottom mid way through the season. MoneyBall FC carries by far the best form leading into the Grand Final and will be hoping that its great from leading into the GF will continue for one more week.

Goulburn Vallley Vikings have maintained pretty solid form throughout the season, finishing the regular season in 2nd position and winning their 2 finals to date, all be it with some luck in the 2nd Semi Final against the Gladiators who were hit badly by injuries.

Selection has not been overly kind to ether team with the Vikings loosing its best scoring player in the past 5-6 weeks in Goldstein and also loses Greenwood, McKenzie and McGlynn from its best 22. On MoneyBall FC's team, it has lost Fyfe to suspension and also will be without Hodge, Carlise, Motlop and Rioli from its best 22.

Both teams are a little undermanned, but both should be able to field full teams so it should be a good close match.

Goodluck Benno and may the best team win (as long as it is the Vikings :p)

Benno

50 Games Club
AFL Club
West Coast
Good luck deeman, going to be a cracker.

I think out of all my outs luke hodge will have the biggest impact for me. Have some solid role players to fill in for Fyfe (Boyd or Zaharakis) and Motlop (Walters), but with no hodge and also no carlisle I'll to need to play one of lake (60 average) and day (61 average), going to leave a pretty big hole in my backline.

Both teams with a few big names out, going to make for an interesting and close grand final, good luck :)

AFL Club
Melbourne
Good luck deeman, going to be a cracker.

I think out of all my outs luke hodge will have the biggest impact for me. Have some solid role players to fill in for Fyfe (Boyd or Zaharakis) and Motlop (Walters), but with no hodge and also no carlisle I'll to need to play one of lake (60 average) and day (61 average), going to leave a pretty big hole in my backline.

Both teams with a few big names out, going to make for an interesting and close grand final, good luck :)
Yeah you are right about Hodge he probably is you most costly out.

Goldstein is a major loss for me, he has been tearing it up. In my MVP award, he was on 7 votes after round 14, but has scored 5 votes (being the highest each week) every week for the past 5 weeks. So he has scored 25 votes in the past 5 weeks to go from 7 votes to 32 in 5 weeks. If he played this week and got votes he would have overtaken Liberatore on 34 votes. His non playing this week, has pretty much cost him the MVP, lol.

I will have atleast one debut player this week (possibly 2), with Daniel Currie to debut, (in Goldsteins absence), I guess the silver lining is that atleast Currie is playing and will mean that I don't get a '0' in the ruck line (providing he does play), I guess anything he scores over 0 in a bonus, lol.

Benno

50 Games Club
AFL Club
West Coast
Currie will be out to prove himself after MFC delisted him earlier in the season, may come up with a big score against his old team.

I'll be hoping Watson and Riewoldt have big games :p

Benno

50 Games Club
AFL Club
West Coast
Both teams for the big game have been announced. Thought I'd post here for others to follow throughout the weekend. I'll also try to update this post with scores after each game :)

Moneyball FC

DEF
Sam Mitchell 127
Sam Day 66
Matthew Jaesnch 99
Robert Murphy 108
Scott D. Thompson 79
Cameron Guthrie 48

MID
Tom Rockliff (C) David Zaharakis 68
Matthew Boyd 94
Matt Priddis (VC) (C) 200
Jobe Watson 85
Daniel Hannebery 154
Jackson Macrae 63
Luke Shuey 117
Andrew Swallow 106

RUC
Nic Naitanui 145
David Hale (ps) 98

FWD
Dustin Martin 95
Matthew Pavlich (ps) 97
Michael Walters 112
Nick Riewoldt 49
Josh Caddy 121
Jeremy McGovern 85

Emergencies
David Zaharakis (MID1) 68
Jarrod Witts (RUC1) (FWD1/MID2) 74
Brian Lake (DEF1) (FWD2/MID3) 63

Total/Played/Captain
2216/22/Rockliff Priddis

Goulburn Valley Vikings

DEF
Kade Simpson 117
Nick Malceski 127
Jarrod Harbrow 101
Paul Duffield 78
Greg Broughton (ps) 90
Troy Chaplin 116

MID
Tom Liberatore (C) 214
Chris Masten 84
David Armitage 98
Nick Dal Santo 53
Farren Ray 70
Nathan Jones (VC) 98
Shaun Grigg76
Dylan Shiel 112

RUC
Todd Goldstien Daniel Currie 90
Ivan Maric 126

FWD
Luke Parker 117
Jack Riewoldt 68
Angus Monfries 10
Mark LeCras 117
Ben Howlett 62
Sam Dwyer (ps) 68

Emergencies
Daniel Currie (RUC1) 90
Brock McLean (MID1) (FWD1) 139
Daniel Merret (DEF1/FWD2) 41

Total/Played/Captain
2092/22/Liberatore

Last edited:

Benno

50 Games Club
AFL Club
West Coast
Happy with my Hale over Witts selection, also hope Day can score higher then Lakes 63. Mitchell finally giving me a score that makes it worth picking him with my first selection in the draft, solid start :)

AFL Club
Geelong
Good work Benno! Doing well so far. The Rockliff out definitely hurts though. :/

Benno

50 Games Club
AFL Club
West Coast
Moneyball FC

DEF
Sam Mitchell 127
Sam Day 66
Matthew Jaesnch 99
Robert Murphy 108
Scott D. Thompson 79
Cameron Guthrie 48

MID
Tom Rockliff (C) David Zaharakis 68
Matthew Boyd 94
Matt Priddis (VC) (C) 200
Jobe Watson 85
Daniel Hannebery 154
Jackson Macrae 63
Luke Shuey 117
Andrew Swallow 106

RUC
Nic Naitanui 145
David Hale (ps) 98

FWD
Dustin Martin 95
Matthew Pavlich (ps) 97
Michael Walters 112
Nick Riewoldt 49
Josh Caddy 121
Jeremy McGovern 85

Emergencies
David Zaharakis (MID1) 68
Jarrod Witts (RUC1) (FWD1/MID2) 74
Brian Lake (DEF1) (FWD2/MID3) 63

Total/Played/Captain
2216/22/Rockliff Priddis

Goulburn Valley Vikings

DEF
Kade Simpson 117
Nick Malceski 127
Jarrod Harbrow 101
Paul Duffield 78
Greg Broughton (ps) 90
Troy Chaplin 116

MID
Tom Liberatore (C) 214
Chris Masten 84
David Armitage 98
Nick Dal Santo 53
Farren Ray 70
Nathan Jones (VC) 98
Shaun Grigg76
Dylan Shiel 112

RUC
Todd Goldstien Daniel Currie 90
Ivan Maric 126

FWD
Luke Parker 117
Jack Riewoldt 68
Angus Monfries 10
Mark LeCras 117
Ben Howlett 62
Sam Dwyer (ps) 68

Emergencies
Daniel Currie (RUC1) 90
Brock McLean (MID1) (FWD1) 139
Daniel Merret (DEF1/FWD2) 41

Total/Played/Captain
2092/22/Liberatore
If I've scored correctly I believe I may have won, might just wait for official confirmation before I celebrate lol

AFL Club
Melbourne
If I've scored correctly I believe I may have won, might just wait for official confirmation before I celebrate lol
I have doubled checked your calc's Benno, and its time to celebrate GVV 2,092 v MFC 2,216.

In the end you were way to good, despite the loss in the final of Rockliff and Fyfe.

I think that Brad Scott learned abit to much whilst playing with Michael Voss, lol.

In the end, the loss of Goldstein was marginal, as Currie steped up adequately, but lossing Greenwood, meant that Grigg had to start, another call that I got wrong and McLean scoring 139 whilst Emg, meant that I gave up 70 points.

But the killer blows were Dal Santo and Monfries both starting in the Green vests, plus the high scores from Nic Naitanui and Hanneberry.

Congratulations on your victory and winning streak being extended to 12.

Time for the Vikings to go away, re-focus and prepare for another tilt at the 2015 title.

Benno

50 Games Club
AFL Club
West Coast
:D :D :D :D :D

Well done on a great season deeman, and thanks to all the other coaches, had a great year. Big thanks to Damoz for running the comp, and all those that helped out at some point during the season. Thanks to jay for letting us run the game on SCS.

Really had a lot of fun playing this style of game, even took priority over my SC team as it was a lot easier and quicker to do each week (not needing to do loopholes, trades each week etc.) and didn't have much time being a year 12. Loved doing this all on the forum, made it a lot more interactive and fun.

Once again thank to everyone, I'm sure the boys from MFC will be enjoying mad Monday and premiership celebrations! :)