Review End of Season (EoS) AFL SC rankings and teams

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'll kick off this thread ...

End of Season (EOS) overall ranking: 344
EoS state wide ranking: 2 (ACT)
EoS team supported ranking: 12 (PTA)
Total Score: 52,604
Total Team Value: $13,653,000 ($53,500 left ITB)

- SCS$E and SCS$C top rank and GF runner up
- SCS#5 lost Prelim by 5 pts (DBJ grrr)
- SUPERCOACHSCORES$ group top rank, Eliminator winner and 3 weekly prizes
- Lock and Load comp top scorer

Final team:

Def: Whitfield, Lloyd, Houli, Williams, Rich, Sicily | Johannisen
Mid: MacRae, Neale, Cripps, Bont, Treloar, Oliver, Sloane, B Croach
Ruc: Grundy, Goldy
Fwd: Dunkley, Dangerfield, Marshall, Boak, Kelly, Worpel

Where did I go wrong:

- ROB > Whitfield pre-bye only to cop his injury and held him until he came back (lost a lot of points during that time period)

- Last week I went Logue > DBJ only to cop his un-injured "7" (by far the worst trade I have ever made) which screwed up this weeks trades as I was so furious that I focused on trading him straight back out

- Not going Goldy back to Gawn this week which I had always planned to do ... can't even blame DBJ for that one as it was one of my planned dozen or so options this week (totally my call)

- Never picking up Fyfe, Hurn, Houli (until this week) due to previous injury concerns ....

Anyway all in all I can't really complain though ...

Last edited:

TerryB

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would like to thank the moderators and members for all of the valuable posts, latest news and respected views throughout 2019.
My team had some highs and many lows. Some achievements and many failures.
My overall ranking of 1538 with a season high of 834, round high of 5, State overall ranking of 20 and Team supported ranking of 83 was only achieved with the help of all “SuperCoach scores” members. Thank you ?
Looking forward to 2020 :)

Attachments

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well, I finished up just inside the top 60K this season - not good at all, but I had been in freefall down the rankings for the last 3 weeks (weekly ranks 90K+) due to a lack of players and no trades. Ended with a 2,542 in the final round after getting 3 players back to claw back a few ranks - my top score for the season despite still only having 21 on field.

Did a lot wrong in the first half of the season, wasted too many trades on an already bad starting side. I learned a lot as to what not to do next year (things I should have already known from previous years) - I'm guessing I'll do equally badly yet again anyway.

See you all in 2020 for those that head off, I'll still be around for EPL / NFL etc - hopefully I can do a bit better with one of those.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
A big thanks to those committed die hards who with then vengence of bruce willis post updates, stats and theories...I've loved it and learnt from it, so thank you.

ACT rank: 6
Hawks rank: 44
SCS#5 and SCS$B GF winner
SCS$A, SCSHawks, GF runner up

Plenty of mistakes, which I'll list here in due course, but for starters:
- buying soldo for ROB at byes
- buying boak over cameron Rnd 23 :sick:
- selling a permo and copping a donut in his spot :sick:
- relying on Toby Greene to play over the bye rounds:sick: yeah, whitfield, yeah Jelly, you're worse.
- buying Mundy over Boak earlier
- not bye round planning properly (heavy R14 rookies with, with even split of premos), i.e. not checking bye rounds of rookies at some points
- not selling Tom Rockliff at first sign of injury
- buying Sicily for $540k

I'm sure some things went well, I started with 14 premos of a sort, with a focus on the big dogs, it worked, I'll do it again. Hit the right rookies, mostly.

EDIT: Picking up Greene $360k, Treloar $530k, Marshall $400k, and ROB $220k, Houli $450k, Zmerrett $497k, all did their job well.

See ya'll in 2020

EDIT: Team Value: peaked @ $14.0m in R19-R20 and fell back to $13.8m in R23.

Attachments

Last edited:
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Vic Rank: 1,388
Port Rank: 36
Total Score: 52,016
Total Team Value: $13,393,100

Won my most important league GF which didn’t look likely at any point throughout the year.

Down on last year overall and didn’t quite get to where I wanted to be. Apart from some Rockliff and Libba trades I traded really well throughout the year (ROB, Marshall and Treloar at their basement prices) and was the main reason why I went not too badly.

Need to back myself in in the pre-season as I was never a Darling man and somehow ended up with him instead of Boak which cost a hell of a lot of points throughout the year.

Got struck with a lot of injuries between rounds 5-10 or so which really made it difficult to make any ground.

Like usual made big ground up in the byes with no bye planning. Think I had 21/19/20 playing and scored well above average in those 3 weeks the same as last year.

Onto next year where hopefully don’t get as unlucky with injuries and continue to be a good trader and bye scorer.

Final team:

3CC1E24B-39D6-4CB4-A024-DB5939A750FA.jpeg
901A91E7-CAE6-4BAC-98BA-C701BE74822D.jpeg

AFL Club
West Coast
First and foremost, my success this season is largely a result of this forum, the wisdom and knowledge is amazing. For me, relevance was the VC/C loophole thread (on the times where Grundy/Gawn were not an option), so thank you.

WA rank: 27
WCE rank: 21
SCS#6 and SCS Trilobites GF winner :D

Plenty of mistakes, ones that come to the top of my head:
- Taking our Marshall for Newnes prior to Round 1 lockout
- Trading in Zerett and Duncan mid year, dud picks they turned out to be (never again list for me haha)
- Not getting in Dunkley until the last 5 or so games (Newnes on the field instead - yuck)

Without a doubt my best SC season to date. Personal highlight was ranked 30 overall in round 7. Fair amount of luck and dodging bullets in this game.

Thank you all and see you in 2020 :)

AFL Club
Adelaide
Well done all! - I finished just outside the top 10K

Main issues were starting too many guys I thought would break out like Brayshaw, M Crouch, Billings, Heeney. It meant I didn't start with any of MAcrae, Lloyd, Grundy, Neale and T Kellywhich pretty much stuffed me from the outset.

I picked the right rookies but the wrong premo starters and then chasing my tail made me go against instinct and second guessing my gut decisions. Plenty to review over the break.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Finished at 9,123 after being 107,188 after Rd 1 - gee that's a big number :oops: - I still can't work out how I managed to start so badly.

Great to be part of the SCS community though - reading all the self-flagellation posts mixed in with the wise counsel is fun. Great to see so many do so well and congrats to SCS Best of the Best - great win!

AFL Club
Brisbane
Finished 7,810th. Bit of a rocky road this year. Had a great group of core players but made a few poor choices including getting in the likes of, for example, H Andrews, J Darling, Rocky at various stages and missing out on the likes of R Marshall, Treloar.

As usual very valuable contributions on this website which is still at the core of my SC game - thanks everyone.

Incidentally first year for many that i couldn't make a GF in any league.

Final thought. In 2001, I moved overseas and lived in the USA. Met a great group of friends who were into poker, as I was. We played lots, traveled to Vegas to play small tournaments, and did really well. Started playing online and had similar success. Then the craze happened and everyone got really good once they had equal access to information. And i feel that's where we are with SC! Most teams are pretty cookie cutter and with so much information available i feel it diminishes some skill and lateral thinking.

Still love it though - thanks for a good year!

AFL Club
West Coast
End of Season (EOS) overall ranking: 868
EoS state wide ranking: 33
EoS team supported ranking: 33

Final team:

Def: Whitfield, Williams, Lloyd, Laird, Answerth, Logue,
Mid: MacRae, Treloar, Fyfe, Cripps, Bont, Yeo, Jelly, Neale
Ruc: Grundy, Gawn
Fwd: Dunkley, Dangerfield, Marshall, Heeney, Kelly, Jezza

Where did I go right:

- brought in ROB, Stack, Marshall early on along with Caleb Daniel in round 3 for Dusty

Where did I go wrong:

- held Libba too long

- final upgrades all kinda sucked... Jezza, Luke Ryan, Heeney, Jelly (pre injury)

Last trade was in Round 18 so had to carry Jelly through his calf (had Brouch for cover tho) and also Luke Ryan in defence which meant I couldnt loop Answerth & logue as planned. Pretty stoked with the year but lost my only league GF 2815 to 2830.... :( go figure.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Total Score: 52,336
Total Team Value: $13,830,000

D: Lloyd, Williams, Stewart, Sicily, Whitfield , Laird (Logue, Rotham)
M: McRae, Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Oliver, J.Kelly, Sloane, Treloar (Rockliff , Hind, T.Watson)
R: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
F: Dunkley, Danger, Boak. Kelly, Heeney, Worpel (I.Hill, Young)

Wins: ROB and Stack best value rookies for the year

Where I went wrong: Held Whitfield and J.Kelly too long but brought them both back in later.

Should have off loaded Rocky after Rd 10.

Missed out on Marshall and Bontempelli despite me short listing them pre season.

Overall reasonable season with my 2nd best overall season.

AFL Club
West Coast
Brownie’s Bandits 2019 Season Review

Overall Ranking: 3,357 of 207,318
Highest Ranking: 2,018 (Round 15)
Lowest Ranking: 44,448 (Round 1)

Highest Weekly Ranking: 950 (Round 7)
Lowest Weekly Ranking: 65,768 (Round 16)

Highest Weekly Score: 2,795 (Round 23)
Lowest Weekly Score: 1,648 (Round 13)

State Ranking: 196 (WA)
Club Ranking: 162 (West Coast)

Total Score: 51,770
Total Team Value: $13,292,300

Starting Team:
Def:
Lloyd, Williams, Smith, Collins, Scrimshaw, Clark (Burgess, Hore)
Mid: Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Coniglio, M.Crouch, Walsh, Butters, Constable (Atkins, Scott, Duursma)
Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
Fwd: Dangerfield, Heeney, Darling, D.Moore, Setterfield, Drew (Petruccelle, Parker)

Final Team:
Def:
Whitfield, Lloyd, Hurn, Sicily, Smith, Rozee (Birchall, Naish)
Mid: Macrae, Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Oliver, M.Crouch, Sloane, Taranto (Clarke, Scott, Bewley)
Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Z.Clarke)
Fwd: Dunkley, Dangerfield, Marshall, Boak, Kelly, Heeney (Bines, Gardner)

Best Initial Selections
Brodie Grundy
2. Max Gawn
3. Jake Lloyd

Worst Initial Selections
Jack Darling
2. Isaac Heeney
3. Bailey Scott

Sliding Door Decisions in Initial Selection
Spending the cash to start with both of Grundy & Gawn instead of a cheaper R2 to save money. Would have been costly not starting them.
2. Believing what I’d seen and heard about Jack Darling, And starting him over Tim Kelly. Darling a massive failure which no one saw coming.
3. Deciding to save a few dollars by selecting Matt Crouch over Lachie Neale. Had Neale most of the pre-season but changed to Crouch late.

Best Trades:
Jack Darling ---> Travis Boak (Round 4)
2. Tom Atkins ---> Josh Dunkley (Round 13)
3. Noah Answerth ---> Rowan Marshall (Round 13)

Worst Trades:
Reilly O’Brien ---> Jeremy Cameron (Round 10)
2. Zac Williams ---> Lachie Whitfield (Round 10)
3. Marty Hore ---> James Sicily (Round 17)

SUMMARY

Reasonably happy with my season, But the really high standard I hold myself too always leaves me expecting more.

Started the season off slowly and for the first 3 weeks didn’t get anywhere rank wise. The next 5 weeks where really good though jumping over 40,000 spots to around 3,300ish. From there I rose and dropped at various times but ultimately finished the season around that 3,300 mark I was at after 8 rounds. I should have been able to turn that into at least a top 500 finish. Made a few big errors in my starting team most notably Jack Darling so that undoubtedly cost me quite a few points.

Trading Heeney to Rocky, then Rocky to Libba the next week, then Libba to Fyfe all in the space of 4 rounds was really silly in hindsight throwing away crucial trades. Also wasted 3-4 trades around the Bye period trading in rookies who neither made any cash, nor played more than a couple of games thus providing no cover late in the season. So that’s a fair chunk of trades this season wasted for very little return. Definitely an area I need to massively improve on next season.

Jeremy Cameron was also a terrible trade-in averaging 100 before I traded him in, But just 81 after getting him. Sicily, Sloane, Taranto & Heeney for the last 2 rounds where all horrible Premo trade in’s too. All averaging far less after I traded them in than beforehand.

Round 13 was a Trade highlight though , trading Atkins to Dunkley, and Answerth to Marshall… Dunkley averaged 131 from the moment I traded him in, And Marshall 119… So both those trades payed off big time. Trading in Reilly O’Brien in Round 5 was fantastic when a lot passed on him, He made some really good cash, but never took my field and I traded him too early in Round 10 just before he really started killing it. Parker to Liam Baker was another good trade in Round 6. For a 6 week stretch after trading him in he put up some really good scores as a Forward rookie that I was able to field…. Very handy as most passed on him.

Unfortunately my poor trading left me 1 Premo short, so I had to field Rozee for the last 8 rounds which also cost me a ton of points. The poor rookie trading around the Bye’s left my bench very thin towards the end of the year.

Happily reduced my Donut count from 16 in 2018 to just the 1 in 2019 (Round 16 Boak). 2018 was a nightmare year so to have just the 1 donut was very pleasing, though any donut is annoying.

Had a pretty good year on the VC/C front. Finishing with a Captain’s Avg of 137.17. Only had the 1 Captain score under 100 which was Max Gawn in round 1 with just 87. But only managed to select my highest scoring player for a particular round as Captain just 4 times. Ended up taking my VC score in 15 of the 23 rounds, And either Gawn or Grundy was taken as a VC or C score 16 times.

Due to their poor (And sometimes pathetic efforts) Sicily, Darling, J.Cameron, M.Crouch, Taranto, Heeney, Sloane & Rockliff have likely all added themselves to my Never Again list. Very underwhelming seasons from that bunch. Also costing me a huge amount of points.

Was an absolute honor to once again be in the SCS Premier League. Ultimately fell just that little bit short in Prelim to @Courtesans . But the quality of coaches in that league is incredible. Look forward to going one better next season and trying to win the Premier League title. Well done @jaca !! And massive thanks to @THCLT for his massive effort in all the write-up’s and Previews!!

Overall a pretty good SC season. Big improvement on my terrible 2018. But also massive room for improvement. Looking forward to 2020 and also the NBA & NBL comps over the summer.

Self-Assessment for 2019: 6.5/10

Trades for the year...

SC Trades 3c.jpg

Congratulations to all that had successful years in 2019!! Also huge thanks to everyone who contributed massive amounts of their precious time during the season for the benfit of the community. Hope to see everyone around here in the other Fantasy sports over the summer.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Brownie’s Bandits 2019 Season Review

Overall Ranking: 3,357 of 207,318
Highest Ranking: 2,018 (Round 15)
Lowest Ranking: 44,448 (Round 1)

Highest Weekly Ranking: 950 (Round 7)
Lowest Weekly Ranking: 65,768 (Round 16)

Highest Weekly Score: 2,795 (Round 23)
Lowest Weekly Score: 1,648 (Round 13)

State Ranking: 196 (WA)
Club Ranking: 162 (West Coast)

Total Score: 51,770
Total Team Value: $13,292,300

Starting Team:
Def:
Lloyd, Williams, Smith, Collins, Scrimshaw, Clark (Burgess, Hore)
Mid: Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Coniglio, M.Crouch, Walsh, Butters, Constable (Atkins, Scott, Duursma)
Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
Fwd: Dangerfield, Heeney, Darling, D.Moore, Setterfield, Drew (Petruccelle, Parker)

Final Team:
Def:
Whitfield, Lloyd, Hurn, Sicily, Smith, Rozee (Birchall, Naish)
Mid: Macrae, Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Oliver, M.Crouch, Sloane, Taranto (Clarke, Scott, Bewley)
Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Z.Clarke)
Fwd: Dunkley, Dangerfield, Marshall, Boak, Kelly, Heeney (Bines, Gardner)

Best Initial Selections
Brodie Grundy
2. Max Gawn
3. Jake Lloyd

Worst Initial Selections
Jack Darling
2. Isaac Heeney
3. Bailey Scott

Sliding Door Decisions in Initial Selection
Spending the cash to start with both of Grundy & Gawn instead of a cheaper R2 to save money. Would have been costly not starting them.
2. Believing what I’d seen and heard about Jack Darling, And starting him over Tim Kelly. Darling a massive failure which no one saw coming.
3. Deciding to save a few dollars by selecting Matt Crouch over Lachie Neale. Had Neale most of the pre-season but changed to Crouch late.

Best Trades:
Jack Darling ---> Travis Boak (Round 4)
2. Tom Atkins ---> Josh Dunkley (Round 13)
3. Noah Answerth ---> Rowan Marshall (Round 13)

Worst Trades:
Reilly O’Brien ---> Jeremy Cameron (Round 10)
2. Zac Williams ---> Lachie Whitfield (Round 10)
3. Marty Hore ---> James Sicily (Round 17)

SUMMARY

Reasonably happy with my season, But the really high standard I hold myself too always leaves me expecting more.

Started the season off slowly and for the first 3 weeks didn’t get anywhere rank wise. The next 5 weeks where really good though jumping over 40,000 spots to around 3,300ish. From there I rose and dropped at various times but ultimately finished the season around that 3,300 mark I was at after 8 rounds. I should have been able to turn that into at least a top 500 finish. Made a few big errors in my starting team most notably Jack Darling so that undoubtedly cost me quite a few points.

Trading Heeney to Rocky, then Rocky to Libba the next week, then Libba to Fyfe all in the space of 4 rounds was really silly in hindsight throwing away crucial trades. Also wasted 3-4 trades around the Bye period trading in rookies who neither made any cash, nor played more than a couple of games thus providing no cover late in the season. So that’s a fair chunk of trades this season wasted for very little return. Definitely an area I need to massively improve on next season.

Jeremy Cameron was also a terrible trade-in averaging 100 before I traded him in, But just 81 after getting him. Sicily, Sloane, Taranto & Heeney for the last 2 rounds where all horrible Premo trade in’s too. All averaging far less after I traded them in than beforehand.

Round 13 was a Trade highlight though , trading Atkins to Dunkley, and Answerth to Marshall… Dunkley averaged 131 from the moment I traded him in, And Marshall 119… So both those trades payed off big time. Trading in Reilly O’Brien in Round 5 was fantastic when a lot passed on him, He made some really good cash, but never took my field and I traded him too early in Round 10 just before he really started killing it. Parker to Liam Baker was another good trade in Round 6. For a 6 week stretch after trading him in he put up some really good scores as a Forward rookie that I was able to field…. Very handy as most passed on him.

Unfortunately my poor trading left me 1 Premo short, so I had to field Rozee for the last 8 rounds which also cost me a ton of points. The poor rookie trading around the Bye’s left my bench very thin towards the end of the year.

Happily reduced my Donut count from 16 in 2018 to just the 1 in 2019 (Round 16 Boak). 2018 was a nightmare year so to have just the 1 donut was very pleasing, though any donut is annoying.

Had a pretty good year on the VC/C front. Finishing with a Captain’s Avg of 137.17. Only had the 1 Captain score under 100 which was Max Gawn in round 1 with just 87. But only managed to select my highest scoring player for a particular round as Captain just 4 times. Ended up taking my VC score in 15 of the 23 rounds, And either Gawn or Grundy was taken as a VC or C score 16 times.

Due to their poor (And sometimes pathetic efforts) Sicily, Darling, J.Cameron, M.Crouch, Taranto, Heeney, Sloane & Rockliff have likely all added themselves to my Never Again list. Very underwhelming seasons from that bunch. Also costing me a huge amount of points.

Was an absolute honor to once again be in the SCS Premier League. Ultimately fell just that little bit short in Prelim to @Courtesans . But the quality of coaches in that league is incredible. Look forward to going one better next season and trying to win the Premier League title. Well done @jaca !! And massive thanks to @THCLT for his massive effort in all the write-up’s and Previews!!

Overall a pretty good SC season. Big improvement on my terrible 2018. But also massive room for improvement. Looking forward to 2020 and also the NBA & NBL comps over the summer.

Self-Assessment for 2019: 6.5/10

Trades for the year...

View attachment 11213

Congratulations to all that had successful years in 2019!! Also huge thanks to everyone who contributed massive amounts of their precious time during the season for the benfit of the community. Hope to see everyone around here in the other Fantasy sports over the summer.
We are currently going through a process mapping review at work with a view to e-filing early next year. Should have considered employing you for the process mapping LITS.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Overall Ranking: 108th
Highest Weekly Ranking: 87th (Round 21)
Lowest Weekly Ranking: 43,666 (Round 22)

Highest Weekly Score: 2,875 (Round 23)
Lowest Weekly Score: 2,074 (Round 1 - Not including byes)

Total Score: 52,906
Average Score: 2,300
Final Team Value: $13,752,500
Highest Team Value: $14,094,200 (Round 18 - first time ever hitting 14 mil)

Best Initial Selections
Neale - Averaged 132 over the first 9 rounds and was able to start him at 607k. Didn't drop below this price until rd 11
2. Z.Williams - Started the season slowly only averaging 86 until rd 6. Ended up being a top 6 averaging defender and had an average of around 97 in my team if you include the 2 rookie scores that covered his injury rds 10-11. Great value at 407k
3. Moore - Dpp swing was invaluable the first 2 months of the season for trading. Made 140k and averaged 80 until i traded him. Was a bit of a pod as a midpricer so makes the list
4. B.Smith - Averaged 94 the first 7 rounds and was looking like a keeper. Slowed down and traded him for a 70k profit and 85 avg until his bye. Did was he was meant to as a selection
5. Whitfield - Was looking like my #1 starting selection pick averaging 120 over the first 5 rounds at just 535k and with lowish ownership for a top player. Unfortunately got injured and missed a few weeks. Average in my side dropped to about 95 with some poor rookie scores covering the weeks he missed. However i know if i didn't start him i would have got him in as my first upgrade around rd 5 or 6 and missed all his huge early weeks.

Grundy, Gawn, Cripps and Macrae all close to making the list. However they were all more popular than the guys above so just missed out. In terms of rookies, all of Hore, Butters, Duursma, Setters and Drew were great and I can't forget the best of them all, Balta :love:

Worst Initial Selections
Burgess - Contributed nothing to my side. Thought his dpp would be useful hence his selection. Turned out having Moore was enough. Made 70k and took Gibbons place who made 200k
2. B.Scott - Sat at M11 all year after his first few weeks. Could have had a playing rookie or a dpp donut. Was a popular selection and didn't use a trade getting him in so could have been a lot worse
3. Oliver - Bit of a harsh selection but only averaged 101 until rd 7 and dropped 80k. However was great after that, played all 22 weeks and averaged 109. Stiff to make the list but would have been a better trade in option for his game against GC where he scored 175

A few coaches mentioned Heeney. I guess if you traded him out after his first couple of weeks then it's a valid reason for him making the list. In a season long perspective he averaged 94 (only about 4ppg below his initial price) and played all 22 weeks. So if you held him it wasn't a failed starting pick imo.

Best Trades:
1. Bines (102k) ---> R.O'Brien (137k) (Round 5)

Don't need to say a hell of a lot about it. Whilst i didn't need O'Brien's score until rd 13 when he scored 181, he made 405k after trading him out at his highest price (545k rd 16). Was deciding between Bines and Balta to chop for him. Luckily went Bines as he didn't have potential to make money. Balta ended up making 200k and i would have been pretty cut if i traded him instead for O'Brien. Also gave piece of mind of ruck cover. Comes in 3rd as the best SC rookie of all time after Relton Roberts and Barlow.

2. Hore (418k) ---> Bont (543k) (Round 13)
Hore just came off a 94 vs Collingwood and still had a B.E of around 35. Bont had played WCE before his bye for his lowest score of the season. Was worried but ended up pulling the trigger which helped me avoid a 0 for the round. Hore scored a 50, 76 and 3 after his bye and dropped 70k in price. Bont averaged 117 over 11 rounds. Was my best timed premium upgrade of the year.

3. Moore (380k) ---> Fyfe (597k) (Round 9)
Moore was a late out and faced a donut. Luckily hadn't used my 2nd trade for the week and i had traded Fyfe out a few weeks previous so was a perfect opportunity to jump back on. Traded Moore 2k short of his highest price and got Fyfe in for a low 120s average for the remainder of the year.

Others - Butters (242) - Stack (102k) in round 5, Collins (300k) - C.Daniel (475) rd 6 and M.Parker (215) - L.Baker (162k) rd 6 were closing to making my top 3

Worst Trades:
1. Fyfe (605k) ---> M.Crouch (564k) (Round 4)

Traded Fyfe out after his concussion in rd 3 as it looked serious and was looking like more than 1 week. Came back the next week and averaged 124 for the 4 weeks i didn't have him. Matt Crouch on the other hand scored a 90 the week Fyfe missed so only gained 20 points over my bench cover for Fyfe in Duursma. Then proceeded to average 91 the next 4 weeks. Got injured the 4th week and then i held him for another before deciding enough was enough. Effectively lost 2 trades, 150 points and about 90k in cash as Crouch had dropped to 510k when i traded him out and Fyfe was around 600k the same week. Motive behind the traded wasn't too sound to begin with. Got a bit greedy as i hadn't used a trade up until that point and T.Kelly dropped a 40 earlier in the day and i was behind par for the round and didn't want to cop another rookie score. In the end probably the trade that stopped me from a potential top 20 spot but deserves me right for being short sighted. Should know by now not to trade out top players unless it's an LTI

2. Answerth (285k) ---> Hurn (518k) ( Round 19)
Fell 9k short of Whitfield which was my preferred trade in option for Answerth. Ended up getting Hurn as the next best option only for him to be a late out that week forcing me to cop a 40 odd as cover. Didn't return the next week so i traded him out for not a single game in my side despite him killing it all year against me. Answerth ended up killing it for the rest of the year but luckily there weren't many rounds left in the year so that side of the trade didn't end up hurting too much.

3. Atkins (242) - Hately (148k)
Atkins had just come off an injured score of 12 where i had him on the field so no chance he was getting a 2nd chance after that. Ended up missing the next week but returned with a 115 vs GC then a 67, 70 and 82 to hit 340k bye his bye. Hately on the other hand i traded in knowing he was an emergency that week but hoping he would be a late in and pod rookie. And if he wasn't he would return within the next fortnight due to his form. Needed the money to do my other trade of the round which was Moore to Fyfe and the only reason why this wasn't my 2nd worse trade of the year. Hately didn't play another game until rd 15 and forced me to have my first donut in years during the byes. My other option was Stocker but he didn't fill me with much confidence. For my own sanity luckily stocker got injured and didn't go on to make alot of $$$ and play throughout the byes as that would have put the nail in the coffin for this trade.

SUMMARY

Had a spare few minutes to write this review today in the time i would usually be watching 2 games at once and following live SC scores keenly. Overall cannot complain too much about the season that I've had. My starting team was much much better than last year and probably the best i've had. 10 of my starting premiums lasted the full year which was significantly more than the 2 years where i finished top 20.

Trading on the other hand wasn't the best. Made some very good early rookie trade ins in Stack, O'Brien and Baker and got some good premiums at low prices in Daniel, Fyfe and Bont. On the other hand had some very poor premium trade ins that stopped me from contending in the prize money. Decisions like Lycett over Marshall lost 200 points over just 6 rounds and then proceeding to trade Lycett - Greene - Marshall over the last month and wasting 2 trades in the process that wouldn't have been used if i just went Marshall over Lycett in the first place. Trading guys like Sicily in for an average of 87.8 over 11 weeks instead of Houli and Merrett for 97.9/10 over Treloar didnt help either. Can't be too annoyed because i barely considered those guys at the time of making those trades, hindsights a wonderful thing.

AFL Club
North Melb.
*Turns out i've written a short novel so need to split my post over 2

My bye period and captain choices were the best they've been since starting SC so will take something from that. Had a 3 week average of 2024 and went from 2.5k to 675th over the period. Glad i planned for them as they entrenched my spot in the top 1k. In regards to captain choices, i only had 2 scores below 124 for the whole year (Fyfe's 101 rd 22 and Cripps' 110 rd 5). Ended up with a captain average of 138.26 over the season

Won prizes in the 2 SCS cash leagues i was in for finishing 2nd on overall points in both and winning the GF in one of them. But i think the best achievement for me this year was making and participating in SCSBestoftheBest. The number 1 league in SuperCoach by 2,873 points. Huge effort by every single coach that participated in the league. We've been thereabouts for a few years now but we've finally done it. Shoutout to all the coaches below

1567232314908.png
1567232334115.png

Most of the coaches that were involved are recognisable by their SCS names. Next year we attempt at going for back to back with a few new faces and a few unlucky coaches who will unfortunately have to make way. I love you all fellas gg

Not looking forward to the long off season but luckily we have BBL there to fill in a bit of time. Thanks to all who participated in the forum over the year, it's the only one i read and it's not hard to see why.

Self-Assessment for 2019: 9/10

Was great to finish top 250 for the 4th time in 5 years as well as make and be part of the #1 league. Starting team, byes and captain picks were all positives from this year. A few poor premium trade ins really hurt from being in contention. Planning for 2020 begins now

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Needed a bit of a break from all things SC after a few tight weeks, but finally can get around to posting. Very happy overall with the season, despite a few poor moves at the end. Best finish ever!

End of Season (EOS) overall ranking: 55 (from 39)
EoS state wide ranking: 39 (VIC)
EoS team supported ranking: 7 (ESS)
Trades made in R23: Sicily to Finlayson (cost about 60 points :cry:)

Final Team
Whitfield, ZWilliams
, Lloyd, Laird, B.Smith, Finlayson (Gardner, Hinge)
Fyfe, Cripps, Macrae, Bont, Treloar, Neale, Oliver, Brouch (Hately, Clarke, Atley)
Grundy, Gawn (Z.Clarke)
Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, T.Kelly, Marshall, Billings (Parker, Bines)

*Bolded players stayed in my side all year (I traded Fyfe out and in). Kept 9 out of 14 "keepers".

Starting Team
Whitfield, ZWilliams, B.Smith, Ridley, Collins, Clark (Hore, Scrimshaw)
Fyfe, Cripps, Mouch, DMartin, Rocky, Brouch, Constable, Walsh (Gibbons, Atkins, Butters)
Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
Danger, Heeney, R.Gray, D.Moore, Setterfield, W.Drew (Parker, Balta)
14 "keepers"

Best starters:
1. Z.Williams
2 Grawndy combo
3. D.Moore.

Worst starters:
1. RGray, Dusty, Mouch, Rocky (all starting “keepers” I had to trade out).
2. Ridley as a midpricer (instead of Duursma) was a big fail.

Best trades:
1. Marshall IN at $340k
2. JKelly in at R6
3. Dunkley in at $514k
4. Macrae in at 572k post bye
5. Treloar in at $508k post bye
6. Oliver in at 550k post bye

Worst trades:
1. Jeremy Cameron in at $468k at R11 (instead of Boak at $515k)
2. Libba in at $380k
3. Fyfe out and in, Hore out and in
4. Sicily in for $492k post byes
5. Trading in rookies early (Hately, Atley, Hinge and Gardner)
6. Cameron to Billings in R22 and Sicily to Finlayson in R23 (which both lost points, Cameron inc donut was better than Billings x 2 LOL)

Comments
My best SC season ever, finishing top 100 for the first time (and narrowly missing out on top 50)! Little disappointed with my final two trades (per Worst Trades 6 above) but overall, my "Best Trades" really set me up in the early to mid part of the season for a strong finish. I think my starting team wasn't too impressive, with starters like R.Gray instead of the better options like T.Kelly or even Dunkley. But I was able to turn things around trading those two names in as well as the bargain of the decade in Marshall for 340k early on. Also got lucky with the timing of trading in guys like Macrae and Treloar, who started their big runs as soon as I traded them in post byes. Did have my share of poor moves early though with trading Fyfe and Hore out and in and Libba in for 380k. Glad I traded them back in though and admitted the mistake.

The one guy that was the thorn in my side for most of the year was J.Cameron. Got completed sucked into that flavour of the week trade, grabbing him right before his GC game when he was averaging high 90s (instead of Boak at only 40-50k more). Had a chance to fix it late when Cameron first was a late out on a Friday, if I had flicked him to Worpel (who averaged about 120 from there!) - thought about it and even posted about it in the mods thread, but ran out of time to consider and execute. Had I used my last two trades better, may have finished closer to top 10.

I think my season has taught me more than ever that it's really about trading rather than your starting side. I think my starting side was pretty average (ranked about 6.5k after R1) with some mistakes. I think I had most of the main rookies (except Duursma, who was traded in) but had RGray, Dusty and Ridley as my bullets. The most important one in Hore was traded out for Duursma at R3 but luckily back in. But nailing a few key trade ins was really the key. Some like Treloar post byes (due to cash constraints) was pure luck. All in all, I think I'll stick with my GnR and midpricer blended approach (with a handful mid pricers in my starting side) as I think Brouch and BSmith weren't the worst starters in the end, both playing every game and weren't too far off being reasonable M8/D6 options, and Rocky's strong start helped as well. Mid pricers can be important to get you off to a good start, as long as you can avoid the bullets and trade them out at the right time (or even hold them if that is the best move considering the circumstances i.e. BSmith instead of L.Ryan, Hurn, etc in the second half). Put two strong seasons in a row together and finished in the No.1 ranked SC league, SCS Bestofthebest. Hoping to make it 3 good years in a row next year! For anyone interested, I copy my trades below too.

Trade History - Jibrangers
1567927583686.png 1567927613671.png

Hope everyone enjoys the break!