Discussion EPL Dream Team Discussion - Season 2021/22

AFL Club
Bulldogs
138 Trent Alexander-Arnold(C)

Traded out Fernandes and Pogba to Gallagher and Gray. Was a risk trading out two of three Man United players against Newcastle.
Gallagher and Gray scored 29 points against the 34 of Bruno and Pogba. Costing a few trades but hopefully value increasing can help get a decent side in early.

Bloody tough week of trading. Seem to have problems on every line. Antonio the most likely to get the chop. To go back to Salah or have a crack at a valued option. No real idea at this stage.
Then there’s Benrahma, the Brentford mid duo coming into poor fixtures, and a couple of defenders on the bench not playing. Bachmann the least of my worries at the moment😂

AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks for that.

mmm can wait for Kane but time to move Benrahma on by the looks.

Can't see anyone to move Mbeumo on so may as well just let him sit at M5
Canos is playing too defensive so he's going for me.
Mbeumo still playing FOR, so cometh a goal, cometh the coin.
But the hard fixtures cometh, so he better cometh this week.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Looks like Benny to Adama and Canos to Gray, for me.
Alli can stay one more week.
I probably will have only 10 starters, so hopefully Tsimikas or Chalobah get a surprise start.
Hoping Tsimikas will, as Pool have a tough UCL game tonight but are at home to Palace on the weekend.

I probably will have only 10 starters, so hopefully Tsimikas or Chalobah get a surprise start.
Hoping Tsimikas will, as Pool have a tough UCL game tonight but are at home to Palace on the weekend.
Maybe Gray is the obvious choice, but I can’t get motivated to bring in a bloke that’s had 3 shots for 3 goals and doubled in price already.
The pickings are slim though.

I may look to change formation for a couple of weeks with the lack of midfield options and seemingly much better cheap options in defence.
Unless it’s uncovered that Tsimikas is in line for a start after the UCL game I may move him on.
Brighton’s new signing Marc Cucurella played LWB on his debut and fired out 11 points. $4.2mil and banks just under 1.7mil. Next 4 fixtures Lei (H), Crp (A), Ars (H), Nor (A) looks ok.
There’s also Marcal at a slightly higher price, who has better fixtures for longer, but hasn’t hit a double figure score yet. Admittedly Wolves have played Lei and Wat (A), and Tot and Mun (H) and have only kept 1 CS.
They are probably my 2 favourite defensive options under the 5mil mark and I would be surprised if one of them isn’t in my team for this weekend.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Antonio to Lukaku
Benrahma to Traore

hoping Tsimikas has a cameo this week so I can trade him out with a price rise, looking to get a Wolves Def the following week for Tsimikas whether he plays few minutes or no minutes

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With my trades above, going into this week as

Jakupovic / Schmeichel
TAA VVD Pinnock / Tsimikas Pereira
Fernandes Raphinha (vc) Gallagher Mbeuno / Ali
Lukaku Salah (c) Traore

Rather start Pereira than Pinnock but Brentford play before Leicester, still might go Pereira will wait late as possible to see Pereira’s injury status

As long as there no late dramas

AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought the transfer window had closed 😉

Fancy you of all people contemplating brining in a Everton player

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You're new here, but if you scroll thru 500 pages, you'll see me tell everyone 700 times that, "Toffees will screw you". I have a NO TOFFEES policy for Sportal, but ignored my own wise words and brought DCL in this week for FPL, instead of taking a hit to get Ronaldo in. I will say it for the 701st time, DON"T GET ANY TOFFEES!
How foolish of me, not to heed your warning earlier this season when I selected Calvert-Lewin in RD2. Quite the sticky situation I have gotten myself in to.

Can either wait for Kane or go up to Ronaldo in the coming weeks. Or instead, I could downgrade and pocket a couple of million via Pepe and use the cash to either grab a premium defender or midfielder this round.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe Gray is the obvious choice, but I can’t get motivated to bring in a bloke that’s had 3 shots for 3 goals and doubled in price already.
The pickings are slim though.
Yeah, I agree 100%. He's punching way above his weight. He's no Son or Greenwood (or is he?).

Thinking maybe I'll go for Townsend instead. Underlying misc pts of around 8, and has a negative BE also.
Slightly cheaper than Gray, but should get me coin and covers the Toffee games. SHould get his cost even if he fails.

Of course, he'll likely get red carded, and given I'll grab Gray in FPL, they'll both get carded for biffing one another.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought the transfer window had closed 😉

Fancy you of all people contemplating brining in a Everton player
Lockdowns do that to a person. I'm sure to regret it. But the lesson will be embedded in me for the rest of the season.

Brought in DCL in FPL this GW, only for him to go MIA and now he's out for 2-3 weeks.
At least some of the best copped it too. They WCed and got DCL and Antonio, now they're stuffed.

AFL Club
Collingwood
How foolish of me, not to heed your warning earlier this season when I selected Calvert-Lewin in RD2. Quite the sticky situation I have gotten myself in to.

Can either wait for Kane or go up to Ronaldo in the coming weeks. Or instead, I could downgrade and pocket a couple of million via Pepe and use the cash to either grab a premium defender or midfielder this round.
Was looking at Pepe too, but Adama is more enticing.
Jimenez and Trincao look good value too for the real tightwads.