Discussion EPL RDT Dream Team Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
Interested to see how Liverpool & Chelsea lineup tomorrow in Istanbul for the Super Cup and how it affects Game week 2.

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
I was just looking at the top ranked team and they nailed all the right decisions to score 205. Had their best 11 scorers on field and highest scorer as captain. Must have a soft spot Manchester with 3 City and 7 United players!

Out of interest I tried to see what the best score may have been for a team under the salary cap and if my maths is correct I came up with this team that could have scored 261 with another 45 points on the bench ... I have just 2 of these players!:oops:

GK: De Gea (MUT) - 16 [Ramsdale (BNM) - 4]

D: Pieters (BNM) - 29, VVD (LVP) - 18, Dunk (BRI) - 16 [Mings (ASV) - 15, Burn (BRI) - 12]

M: Mahrez (MAC) - 23, Pogba (MUT) - 20, Gudmunsson (BRN) - 19, McGinn (ASV) - 16 [Periera (MUT) - 14]

F: Sterling (MAC) - 30 capt, Rashford (MUT) - 22, Barnes (BRN) - 22

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was just looking at the top ranked team and they nailed all the right decisions to score 205. Had their best 11 scorers on field and highest scorer as captain. Must have a soft spot Manchester with 3 City and 7 United players!

Out of interest I tried to see what the best score may have been for a team under the salary cap and if my maths is correct I came up with this team that could have scored 261 with another 45 points on the bench ... I have just 2 of these players!:oops:

D: Pieters (BNM) - 29, VVD (LVP) - 18, Dunk (BRI) - 16 [Mings (ASV) - 15, Burn (BRI) - 12]

M: Mahrez (MAC) - 23, Pogba (MUT) - 20, Gudmunsson (BRN) - 19, McGinn (ASV) - 16 [Periera (MUT) - 14]

good post , can you compare their average at the end of the season against their week 1 average ?

although 5-6 of them could be close to the best in their position.

AFL Club
Collingwood

I should delete my team now then as I have none of those players 😀

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
good post , can you compare their average at the end of the season against their week 1 average ?

although 5-6 of them could be close to the best in their position.
I’d be surprised if there was more than two or three of those names in the season end best 11 scores.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d be surprised if there was more than two or three of those names in the season end best 11 scores.
I might have over estimated

VVD , Pogba, Sterling all should injury permitting

Mahrez , Rashford maybes , DDG if Man U goes well.

Special one thinks the title is a 4 horse race between City , Pool , Spurs & City B side.

Dazza

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone trading this week, I mostly likely won’t, hoping my underperformers fire up this week. Only one I might consider is Vertongen, might be on the outer,
Apparently Vertongen was fuming being left out. Might wait and see later in week to make my mind up.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone trading this week, I mostly likely won’t, hoping my underperformers fire up this week. Only one I might consider is Vertongen, might be on the outer,
Apparently Vertongen was fuming being left out. Might wait and see later in week to make my mind up.
bit worried about Barkley , will see how they play against Liverpool tonight , then Game Week 2.

think I might need to get some $$$ to turn King into Kun ASAP or just be patient for the first 6 weeks.

Ironhawk

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Likely holding off, see how everyone goes this week, don't really want to make trades based on one game, which may be an outlier.

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
GW1 ROUNDUP

Have decided to emulate some of the weekly snapshots I've done in SC to highlight team's and player's performances as follows:
  • Top 10 DT scorers for each GW's
  • Team's match scores
  • Top 3 DT scorers for their respective team
  • Team's average match scores, For & Against
  • Team's number of 15+ DT scores, For & Against
1565830759450.png
1565830721406.png

1565830816873.png
1565830832819.png

AFL Club
Collingwood
Liverpool defeats Chelsea on penalties to win European Super Cup

Liverpool held its nerve to win the European Super Cup after defeating Chelsea on penalties in Istanbul on Wednesday.

After an enthralling contest that finished at 2-2 (Mane 48, 95 Giroud 36, Jorginho 101 (pen) after extra time, it was Liverpool that prevailed 5-4 on spot kicks, with goalkeeper Adrián stopping a shot from Chelsea's Tammy Abraham to spark celebrations from those in red.

Liverpool: Adrian ; Gomez, Matip , Van Dijk , Robertson (Alexander-Arnold 90) ; Henderson (Wijnaldum 64) , Fabinho , Milner ; Salah, Mane (Origi 103), Oxlade-Chamberlain (Firmino 46)

Chelsea: Arrizabalaga ; Azpilicueta, Christensen (Tomori 85) , Zouma, Emerson ; Kante, Jorginho , Kovacic (Barkley 101) ; Pedro , Giroud (Abraham 74) , Pulisic (Mount 74)

AFL Club
Collingwood
thought I would share this if people were interested

Final leading scorers list in the 2018/19 English Premiership season:
22: Aubameyang (Arsenal), Mane (Liverpool), Salah (Liverpool)

21: Agüero (Man City)

18: Vardy (Leicester)

17: Kane (Tottenham), Sterling (Man City)

16: Hazard (Chelsea)

14: Wilson (Bournemouth)

13: Jimenez (Wolverhampton), Lacazette (Arsenal), Murray (Brighton), Pogba (Man Utd), Richarlison (Everton), Sigurdsson (Everton)

12: Ayoze Pérez (Newcastle), Barnes (Burnley), King (Bournemouth), Lukaku (Man Utd), Milivojevic (Crystal Palace), Roberto Firmino (Liverpool), Son Heung-min (Tottenham)

11: Mitrovic (Fulham), Rondon (Newcastle)

10: Arnautovic (West Ham), Deulofeu (Watford), Lucas (Tottenham), Martial (Man Utd), Rashford (Man Utd), Sane (Man City), Woods (Burnley), Zaha (Crystal Palace)

Dazza

AFL Club
Hawthorn
bit worried about Barkley , will see how they play against Liverpool tonight , then Game Week 2.

think I might need to get some $$$ to turn King into Kun ASAP or just be patient for the first 6 weeks.
Concern with with King as well, holding him but he want to start firing have enough cash to trade in Rashford for him tempted wait another week see what happens

AFL Club
Collingwood
Concern with with King as well, holding him but he want to start firing have enough cash to trade in Rashford for him tempted wait another week see what happens
I liked Bournemouth's early fixtures , but read he only scored 3 goals away last year , I have Kean at F3 so need him to start so a 3-4-3 is viable.

few other F options look ok outside of Sterling , Salah , Kun & Kane so might try and be patient.

Ironhawk

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm still thinking my F3 choice in Haller could be reasonable if you don't want to spend too much on a forward (mid priced at 6.24M).

I didn't expect much from him against City - he still top scored for the team with 7, but apart from that game and Man Utd in a few weeks time, West Ham have the easiest draw on paper in the early rounds (see post 5363). I'm interested to see how he does this week against arguably easier opposition in Brighton.

AFL Club
North Melb.
West Ham have the easiest draw on paper in the early rounds (see post 5363).
Just be wary that those fixture rating were based on last year's ladder position with the 3 promoted teams occupying the bottom 3 places on the ladder. I will provide an updated rating during the International Break post GW4 which will take this season's performances into account.