Discussion EPL RDT Dream Team Discussion

THCLT

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
With Spurs out of the way, Everton looks to have one of the best upcoming 10 schedule with only Liverpool (GW5) and Man United (GW8) from the Big 6. In hindsight, I should've started Pickford over Ramsdale based on this but will definitely target a couple of their players over the next couple of GWs, particularly Digne & Coleman down back.

Digne is good value if they play a more attacking brand of football which they should considering their INs for the season and Coleman is great value for his potential output as he's probably more attacking than his counterpart. We're getting Coleman cheaper than usual by virtue of him coming on as a sub on no less than 10 occasions last season keeping his price down. He's shown that can be a worthwhile scorer in the past, particularly as a starter in an attacking minded team which Everton looks like being for this season.

I'm also liking the look of DCL or Richarlison up front for them with Rodriquez/Allan/Doucoure replacing Sigurdsson/Bernard/Davies making them more dynamic in their front third. I may be tempted to switch out one of my forward for either DCL/Richarlison and bank some cash in the process...may even be this weekend as they face WBA at home.

AFL Club
Collingwood
My avatar would give you a clue to which team I am...;)

I haven't won the dam thing yet, but have had a 2nd, 3rd & 5th since I started playing during the 2015/16. Hopefully I qualify for an invite into the Elite 20 next season.
I hope you're 'Flying Horses', otherwise I'll have to listen to my Optometrist and get some glasses.
You're definitely worthy of a spot in the Elite. Up until now, we haven't known how to contact you. Now we do.

Winning that thing is literally the luck of the draw. When they go high, hopefully you go higher. When you go low, hopefully they go lower.
I remember one guy pulling off a top 30 weekly score, only to get smashed by another with a top 3 weekly score.
Dirk won 'The Eliminator' last season. Finished 3rd overall, but finished 6th in the S11 League. :ROFLMAO:

AFL Club
Collingwood
With Ake is whether they will play 2 left foot centre backs as Laporte is a left footer, also read where they might use Ake in different defensive positions. I think Ake is a wait and see where they play him, and if he gets a start
Definitely one to wait and see on. If he misses the next game, even better. Gives us an extra week to get him in.
If it's one good thing about the bye GW1 this season, it's the staggering of options coming in over maybe GW3-5, instead of all coming in at GW3.
They've even given us an extra 2 transfers. Nice to have 42 for the season.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks for the advice, could give him I more chance and if spuds up again might look at Man Utd Strikers

Might offload Keita and Lallana or even Adams
Of those, Lallana and Keita would be my priority. Both had their time cut for whatever reason (tactical and/or injury).
I have Adams and will give him one more week. At least he saw an almost full game and is at home this week.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have Adams and will give him one more week. At least he saw an almost full game and is at home this week.
And had a remarkable save made from a shot of his that was as good as buried in the net.
Looked pretty sharp and creative in that box when on the ball as well, recall teeing up Ings on a couple of occasions.

AFL Club
Collingwood
With Spurs out of the way, Everton looks to have one of the best upcoming 10 schedule with only Liverpool (GW5) and Man United (GW8) from the Big 6. In hindsight, I should've started Pickford over Ramsdale based on this but will definitely target a couple of their players over the next couple of GWs, particularly Digne & Coleman down back.

Digne is good value if they play a more attacking brand of football which they should considering their INs for the season and Coleman is great value for his potential output as he's probably more attacking than his counterpart. We're getting Coleman cheaper than usual by virtue of him coming on as a sub on no less than 10 occasions last season keeping his price down. He's shown that can be a worthwhile scorer in the past, particularly as a starter in an attacking minded team which Everton looks like being for this season.

I'm also liking the look of DCL or Richarlison up front for them with Rodriquez/Allan/Doucoure replacing Sigurdsson/Bernard/Davies making them more dynamic in their front third. I may be tempted to switch out one of my forward for either DCL/Richarlison and bank some cash in the process...may even be this weekend as they face WBA at home.
Nicely summed up.

I didn't look at Pickford due to the Toffees having a penchant of disappointing in easy fixtures.
I still think they will, but Digne and Goalman have that attacking pts ability.
They also are almost guaranteed of a price rise, so both have high upside and practically no downside (cue red cards for both).

AFL Club
Collingwood
New strategy, no research, pick a team from first Rd results, particularly rookies, only 160 odd behind. Bit of fun, the Keith manoeuvre. :)
Less than that. I looked at a few squads and they'll be long out of sight by Xmas. I'd say 120 is more realistic.

Get the right players, and you'll make some good coin. Hopefully you can flip them before they start heading south again.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Dirk is one astute coach. We do have a few good coaches in your S11 league so 6th is nothing to be sneezed at...;)
Dirk is my neighbour. He's got NFI about Sportal. I give him a shortlist of good options. Tell him who I'm picking. He does the opposite.
I finish 14th & 18th. He finishes 11th & 3rd, wins The Eliminator trophy and $400 cash.
Says he'll shout me to Laksa King and Dumplings Plus, knowing full well that with lockdown in Melbourne, he'll never have to live up to that promise. :mad:

AFL Club
Collingwood
EVE and LEE games are two of the first to kick off. We'll see lineups before bedtime so there'll be a chance to change James at the least.
I'll be following your lead. A Toffee and a Peacock coming in for me as well (though different ones).
Got my alarms set for AFL , EPL & IPL so definitely will check teams.

Fully suspect I might have another toffee or 2 joining my side for Week 3 as well but won't get ahead of myself.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Davies spot might not be secure in the starting line up as they are about to sign Reguilon who is a LB

ASM injury scare in their game against Blackburn Rovers, couple more things to weigh up.