Discussion EPL Dream Team Discussion - Season 2018/19

AFL Club
Collingwood
Bilva & Tripper both out , better set the alarm to see what formation I can play.

Just curious if anyone has BE for Sane , isn't he the major beneficiary when Mendy is missing ?

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Just curious if anyone has BE for Sane , isn't he the major beneficiary when Mendy is missing ?
As they both plays on the left, I would think that Mendy suffers with Sane in the team, Mendy missing doesn't really affect Sane.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I thought I read somewhere that Shaw was missing this week (maybe suspended) and after looking at your schedule and stats , surely their defence improves , cheap enough to take a punt on.

Yes each week I look at your team and see DDG still there :)
"Luke Shaw is suspended for Saturday's meeting with Crystal Palace so Ashley Young will presumably switch over to left-back"

AFL Club
Collingwood
ended up going :-

Vardy to Lukaku
Yedlin to Lindelof

put my VC on the wrong Everton player

Sane & Sterling owners would be happy

EDIT

hoping Alli & Eriksen don't go to big against Chelsea

Last edited:

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I ended up bringing in David Silva and Alli which worked out well.

Currently 98 with Aubemeyang and Ozil to come.

AFL Club
Collingwood
All out for 96 , will add Alli & Eriksen to my team this week (a week late but oh well)

will never be able to afford Sterling , Sane , Augero etc so will try a different approach for a few weeks (months)

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Pondered about Sane but was spooked by his possible rotation so went Pogba instead.

Thought about TAA as a differential to VVD and Robertson but again went back to Doherty from Wolves.

Both trades were done with their upcoming schedules in mind so hoping it works out in the long run.

Was regretting switching VC from Sterling to new recruit Pogba, but thankfully Alli got me out of a quandary.

Will be looking to move one of my Leicester City defenders to either a Man City or Liverpool player and that'll be it for my team with regards to trading for a while.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Damn missed getting my Mendy to Robertson trade done. Which will cost me a donut when I could've covered with Pogba sitting on the MID bench :(

Alternatively, was also going to do Aubameyang to Aguero as well. So if Aubameyang can get on the scoresheet I might come off even in the end.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Damn missed getting my Mendy to Robertson trade done. Which will cost me a donut when I could've covered with Pogba sitting on the MID bench :(

Alternatively, was also going to do Aubameyang to Aguero as well. So if Aubameyang can get on the scoresheet I might come off even in the end.
I just thought you were giving me a chance in our head-to-head matchup :)

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just thought you were giving me a chance in our head-to-head matchup :)
I'm having a torrid run atm with my alarm not going off for these latter start EPL matches. Normally I'm up watching them anyway, but been moving house and stuff recently which has meant I've been too damn tired to stay awake. LOL

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm having a torrid run atm with my alarm not going off for these latter start EPL matches. Normally I'm up watching them anyway, but been moving house and stuff recently which has meant I've been too damn tired to stay awake. LOL
Priorities Goodies Priorities

I woke up for the Tort v Chelsea game to check my score and to see how Richarlison went as VC , was going to change to Hazard but the game had already started , actually gained me 3 points

I like how you have picked 3 City defenders , boom or bust.

AFL Club
Carlton
I got 161 this week. First good score for a while but still not the best score in my league (162).

Sterling my only Man City player is really hurting me. Got lucky that I had Aili as emg but got his score as Ozil didn't play.

Don't have Hazard yet. He'll drop a bit but could score 30 v Fulham.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Nice to see Newcastle notch up their 3rd consecutive win by a 1-goal margin!:)

AFL Club
Collingwood
After being 8th after Week 1 I am now in a more familiar ranking of 193rd after 13 weeks.

After this week's trades of :-

Doucoure -> Alli
Kayal - > Eriksen

hoping to start making a climb.

team is :-

Ederson (Stekelenburg)

Roberston , Tripper (Chilwell , Davies , Lindelof)

Hazard , Sigurdsson , B Silva , Alli , Eriksen

Salah , Richarlison , Lukaku

happy to run with some POD's

AFL Club
Collingwood
Pondered about Sane but was spooked by his possible rotation so went Pogba instead.

Thought about TAA as a differential to VVD and Robertson but again went back to Doherty from Wolves.

Both trades were done with their upcoming schedules in mind so hoping it works out in the long run.

Was regretting switching VC from Sterling to new recruit Pogba, but thankfully Alli got me out of a quandary.

Will be looking to move one of my Leicester City defenders to either a Man City or Liverpool player and that'll be it for my team with regards to trading for a while.
Hi Thanh,

Far from me to give advice , even more so given your Fantasy record compared to mine :)

BUT

I think you need to bring in 2 Premium defenders and play a 3-4-3 combination to try and catch the current leader , and unless you are 110% about DeGea and Man U keeping clean sheets do something about him.

From just looking at yours and the current leaders team you have 7 onfield players common differences being :-

DeGea v Alison
Doherty v Robertson
Sane v Alli
Anderson v B Silva

Interesting he doesn't have any City defenders.

Laughing at myself now , I am sure you have had this programmed for weeks.

Is 2 City defenders putting all your eggs in 1 basket or maybe 1 City + 1 Defender from Spurs or Arsenal (?) onfield ?

And hope Alli surpasses Sane.

Take from this anything (or nothing) you wish.

Good luck

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
@Herbie66

I'm always grateful for constructive feedback so much appreciated, your observation and suggestion are noted and shrewd.

I've never been one to follow the 'obvious' route (most often to my own detriment) and prefer to create my own pathway, be it successful or otherwise. We all play these games with different coloured glasses, I'll continue to 'polish' mine until I can see a clear pathway.

Thanks again for taking the time and making the effort to construct a well thought out feedback.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
112 for me which includes an Ozil donut (n)

Up 43 places to 383 overall.